Author Topic: Pro Bbing Weekly - Bob says Lee Priest has to petition AFTER suspension is up!  (Read 12589 times)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
yes Robert Michael, the fans are listening.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
bbbbbboooooooooooorrrrrr rrrrrrrriiiiiiiinnnnnnnn nnnnnggggggggggggggggg.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Bob!  Here's one for you...  you say because Lee's membership has lapsed and because he couldn't renew, he's not currently a member of the IFBB, right?

Right

Okay, so if he does the NOC in September, he's not breaking any IFBB rules, since he's not an IFBB member, right?

Thats correct...he cannot break rules of a federation he's not currently a part of.

If so, why should that have any bearing on whether or not he gets reinstated for 2008?  I understand in 2006 he was an IFBB member, and as such couldn't legally compete in 2006 NOC, so he was suspended. But how could the IFBB hold competing in the 2007 NOC against him when he applies for IFBB membership again in 2008, since he would not be breaking any IFBB rules by doing so?

When an athlete applies for reinstatement, they take all things into consideration...If Lee were to decide to compete in the PDI shows, it may be taken that he realy doesn't want back in, as justified by his actions. (just my opinion)...

The other thing they can do, is keep updating his suspension date even though he's not an official member as they did not suspend him indefinately...

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

i think it is bullshit that they would hold it against him if he competed in the noc

it seems like the ifbb is way too controlling

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
i think it is bullshit that they would hold it against him if he competed in the noc

it seems like the ifbb is way too controlling

Do you think it would help?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
When an athlete applies for reinstatement, they take all things into consideration...If Lee were to decide to compete in the PDI shows, it may be taken that he realy doesn't want back in, as justified by his actions. (just my opinion)...

The other thing they can do, is keep updating his suspension date even though he's not an official member as they did not suspend him indefinately...

but then if they ever tried to signed someone else away from the PDI (Frey, Haddad, Voros) without requiring a year 'time-out' they'd be opening themselves up for a lawsuit.

but then again, I think much of what they do should be grounds for a lawsuit.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
but then if they ever signed someone away from the PDI without requiring a year 'time-out' they'd be opening themselves up for a lawsuit.

but then again, I think much of what they do should be grounds for a lawsuit.

First off...IF...and I emphasize...IF...hey ever did consider someone from the PDI...they would have to meet he required qualification to become a IFBB pro, or compete (if eligable) in the NPC and go that route....not likely to happen anyway.

Difference with Lee's case is...he WAS an IFBB pro.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
First off...IF...and I emphasize...IF...they ever did consider someone from the PDI...they would have to meet he required qualification to become a IFBB pro, or compete (if eligable) in the NPC and go that route....not likely to happen anyway.

there have been a few non-US IFBB pros that were offered pro cards without ever winning an amateur IFBB contest.   Silvio Samuel Saviour, Sergei Ogorodnikov, Eddie Ellwood come to mind.   Plus there are a few PDI athletes who have already won an IFBB national or international event, such as Sami Al Haddad and Zoltan Voros.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
there have been a few non-US IFBB pros that were offered pro cards without ever winning an amateur IFBB contest.   Silvio Samuel Saviour, Sergei Ogorodnikov, Eddie Ellwood come to mind.

Did they win their country's National championship?

Was their country's Fed, affiliated with the IFBB

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
Did they win their country's National championship?  Was their country's Fed, affiliated with the IFBB

click on the links.  Silvio made his mark in NAC and WABBA, but is now competing as an IFBB pro.  Sergei Ogorodnikov came from NABBA.  True he's only competed once in an IFBB pro contest, but it's evidence that the IFBB can and does give a pro card to who ever they want.   No qualifying in an IFBB amateur contest required. 

(I'm sure I could go back 20 years and find many more examples.  having a database comes in handy)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Actually, the IFBB "rules" are a sham... mere window dressing to try to make them appear like a legitimate "sports federation".  In reality, there's only ONE rule: "do as you're told or your gone...", right Bob?  ::) ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
Actually, the IFBB "rules" are a sham... mere window dressing to try to make them appear like a legitimate "sports federation".  In reality, there's only ONE rule: "do as you're told or your gone...", right Bob?  ::) ::)

Know your role, Goatboy...!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
haha Bob wants to "ban" Goatboy!!!!  ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
haha Bob wants to "ban" Goatboy!!!!  ::)

At least he's not stalking me like that creepy Basile.  :-X
Ron: "I am lazy."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Know your role, Goatboy...!

That's a poor statement, Bob.

In real life, Goatboy works in high finance and could probably do the job you do with a great deal more dimplomacy and prowess of financial topics.

'Know your role' is a disrespectful thing to say.  Goatboy is a fan discussing IFBB events on a bodybuilding board.  if he's wrong, tell him why.  But 'know your role' is an elitiest thing to say and above all, crass.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V

On that we agree.....he gives me the heebeejeebees.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V

In real life, Goatboy works in high finance and could probably do the job you do with a great deal more dimplomacy and prowess of financial topics.

'Know your role' is a disrespectful thing to say.  Goatboy is a fan discussing IFBB events on a bodybuilding board.  if he's wrong, tell him why.  But 'know your role' is an elitiest thing to say and above all, crass.

It's a joke...lighten up, Francis!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

ahahha 240 getting all high and mighty on the Chickster :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
It's a joke...lighten up, Francis!

In that case, carry on champ!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !

really!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
On that we agree.....he gives me the heebeejeebees.

I think Basile may be losing it, an onset of senility or something.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
I think Basile may be losing it, an onset of senility or something.

no, it's more pathological than senility.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Why can't Jim Manion or a IFBB official be the spokesman of IFBB?

It doesn't seem quite right if the Athlete Rep is the spokesman for the official organisation?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !

It doesn't seem quite right if the Athlete Rep is the spokesman for the official organisation?

-Hedge

maybe because they dont know what they're doing?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V

-Hedge

I'm not the spokesman for the IFBB...