Author Topic: Mike Arvilla, one week out from palm Beach Classic  (Read 34571 times)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Re: Mike Arvilla, one week out from palm Beach Classic
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2007, 10:18:25 AM »
i'm feeling guilt for my negativity re mike's physique. :(

you look great mike! :o you'll shit it in. i hope you're going to do a decent carb up man because you're bloody shredded at the moment. hey, lay off the wheels dude, your outer quads are starting to overpower your shoulder width. have you been annihilating those calves or what? they look like fucking bulls man...

keep on doing exactly what you're doing mike because it's soooooo working. :D

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2007, 10:25:04 AM »
i'm feeling guilt for my negativity re mike's physique. :(

you look great mike! :o you'll shit it in. i hope you're going to do a decent carb up man because you're bloody shredded at the moment. hey, lay off the wheels dude, your outer quads are starting to overpower your shoulder width. have you been annihilating those calves or what? they look like fucking bulls man...

keep on doing exactly what you're doing mike because it's soooooo working. :D

:). Hey, i like mike, but he doesnt help himself sometimes, like when he said his legs were better than sevastes on another thread last week. Being honest, the dude dont look great for a juicer, but hes givin it a go and hes trying, and hes gettin on a stage which most of us aint done. Just dont take it so serious mike, people are always gonna bust your balls

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #152 on: June 20, 2007, 10:26:55 AM »
mike does have the advantage of experience on his side.  He might not be as lean as last time, but he's gonna be on cruise control when it comes to tanning, last minute diet, etc.  That peace of mind will benefit him some, when other guys in slightly leaner shape (doing a show for the first time) are worrying about these things. 

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #153 on: June 20, 2007, 10:42:04 AM »
mike does have the advantage of experience on his side.  He might not be as lean as last time, but he's gonna be on cruise control when it comes to tanning, last minute diet, etc.  That peace of mind will benefit him some, when other guys in slightly leaner shape (doing a show for the first time) are worrying about these things. 

true dat. see, there's a positive. why didn't i think of that ???

do you think that mike may have become somewhat complacent this time around? i understand he was dialled in by lles last time. did anyone help him this time?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #154 on: June 20, 2007, 10:49:27 AM »
njflex : Yes that is me. Thanks for the compliment. Squadfather , I'm sorry if I come off as arrogant or conceited. Anyone that knows me would tell you otherwise. I thought twice about posting here as it seems everyone gets ripped apart for some reason or another. I just saw a negative comment about laura, who in my opinion is beautiful. Mike a well seems to bust his ass and is looking better all the time. With that kind of drive he is going to continue to make huge improvements. He looks great. Everyone talking trash, go get up on a stage or a major photoshoot in front of a bunch of people. Let me tell you It takes some guts. Mike and Laura. I hope you continue to post your pics. Remember the majority of haters in this world are either jealous or have never even lifted a weight. You both look great.
Good luck to you.
Scott Markey.

*** Power Rod : I was 195 in the pic Mike posted and 218lbs in this one . Sorry if it bothers you.
Post a pic of yourself ???? Not going to happen ha. Just what I meant in part of my post. Also the post is about Mike and Laura. Not Me !!!

Thanks for the kind words/support and encouragement Scott!
i remember seeing your picture in a magazine and thinking            DAMM.....    ...      if i looked like that id have all the babes!

you have a great physique and are very humble and down to earth
again many thanks for the kind words!

Mike

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2007, 10:50:02 AM »
Looking good in that shot Mike.

Thanks Mars!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: June 20, 2007, 10:55:17 AM »

do you think that mike may have become somewhat complacent this time around? i understand he was dialled in by lles last time. did anyone help him this time?
He was (complacent) ...up to about 4 weeks ago.  He was on again/off again regarding doing the show.  He knows he should have started farther out, but decided to make a go at it.  These last few weeks have been really hard and draining (both physically and mentally), but he pushed forward anyway and didn't give up. I have a lot of respect for that whether you all do or not (and it would be quite apparent that those who don't have most likely never got ready for a show before).  He's also not on here posting pictures (which are to most ... unflattering) because he's looking for a pat on the back, he's doing it to get some feed back (constructive, not bashing) on what people think he could/should do.  LLES was able to assist Michael this time around as he was in the process of moving.  You may not like Mike and that's ok, but ya have to give him credit for trying.  He enjoys what he's doing and that's what's most important. 
:D Weee

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: June 20, 2007, 10:56:13 AM »

I wasn't going to do the show because of lack of funds ...........(as you all know bodybuilding is very expensive)

Laura was doing it and i was 2 help her
at 5 weeks out i said screw it (after seeing pictures of Justin Harris floating around on the internet i got fired up!)
i had minimal to little in the way of "supplements"................i did the best i could
and I'm doing the show!

yes ill probably do the Southern States or another show after (money permitting)
i have no sponsors/no "help"............so i rely more on hard work ie: dieting/cardio rather than drugs, simply because i can't afford too many
i love bodybuilding/i love competing and i love laura

that's about it
peace..................M ike

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2007, 11:01:39 AM »
Mannnnn................. ........if i looked like this when i was in my 20"s ("the wild years)
when i was working in night-clubs..................i shudder to think of the woman i would have gotten

Laura ....................I love you!

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2007, 11:03:40 AM »
Mike, do you have any clearer pics from 1 week out? Its kind of hard to tell much from those others.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #160 on: June 20, 2007, 11:05:55 AM »

How will experience help the way he'll look on stage?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #161 on: June 20, 2007, 11:11:58 AM »
He was (complacent) ...up to about 4 weeks ago.  He was on again/off again regarding doing the show.  He knows he should have started farther out, but decided to make a go at it.  These last few weeks have been really hard and draining (both physically and mentally), but he pushed forward anyway and didn't give up. I have a lot of respect for that whether you all do or not (and it would be quite apparent that those who don't have most likely never got ready for a show before).  He's also not on here posting pictures (which are to most ... unflattering) because he's looking for a pat on the back, he's doing it to get some feed back (constructive, not bashing) on what people think he could/should do.  LLES was able to assist Michael this time around as he was in the process of moving.  You may not like Mike and that's ok, but ya have to give him credit for trying.  He enjoys what he's doing and that's what's most important. 

FWIW,

it will be very interesting to see you on stage this time around.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2007, 11:12:52 AM »
Mannnnn.........................if i looked like this when i was in my 20"s ("the wild years)
when i was working in night-clubs..................i shudder to think of the woman i would have gotten

It's ok.  ;) I was thinking about "what I'd do with someone who looked like that when I was in my 20's"   ;D

I love you too!  :-*

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2007, 11:14:59 AM »
congrats on the news piece
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2007, 11:16:05 AM »
It's ok.  ;) I was thinking about "what I'd do with someone who looked like that when I was in my 20's"   ;D

I love you too!  :-*
Looks like you both are sexually attracted to him. Im sure the 3 of you will be happy together  :)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: June 20, 2007, 11:17:26 AM »
Looks like you both are sexually attracted to him. Im sure the 3 of you will be happy together  :)
lol   Umm no.   I am quite happy where I am.  Thanks though.

Hey, what does your avatar say?

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #166 on: June 20, 2007, 11:20:30 AM »
lol   Umm no.   I am quite happy where I am.  Thanks though.

Hey, what does your avatar say?
I are serious cat. This is serious thread.

Scott Markey

• Getbig II
« Reply #167 on: June 20, 2007, 11:23:01 AM »
Mike. To make you feel better. I'm in my 30s . The Ad company  never asked me my age !(  so when I saw that it said 28,) I said to myself
 Ha, Ha, " hey they can put 21 if they like". LOL. So I go around subtracting ten years off .....

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #168 on: June 20, 2007, 11:32:09 AM »
Hi Scott!    Let me personally welcome you to Getbig  :)

Go dry your panties Flubber
X

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #169 on: June 20, 2007, 11:33:39 AM »
Best of luck to Mike and Laura -- two serious bodybuilders with the DISCIPLINE, GUTS & DESIRE to compete.

99% of bodybuilders will never compete.
90% don't have the discipline to diet down.
8% don't have the guts to withstand public scrutiny of their physiques.
1% don't have the desire.

Only 1% step on stage.

Congrats to Mike & Laura for being that 1%.
BigNationRadio.com

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #170 on: June 20, 2007, 11:35:01 AM »
Mannnnn.........................if i looked like this when i was in my 20"s ("the wild years)

lol, and there i was about to give you kudos for modesty.

cool  mike. it does take a lot of courage, determination and discipline to do a show. i am under no delusions about that and i respect you for that, but, think of it this way, how much of these attributes would you have if you couldn't take an online beating?

as i've said before, i don't believe anyone here at getbig really wants to just break your balls for the sake of it. you would be a complete retard (no less than, seriously) if you thought you were going to get your ass kissed here and i don't believe you're retarded.

you want 'constructive criticism', re-read the past 8 pages because the statements made re your physique, no matter how blunt, are as brutally honest as you'll ever get. i'm sure scott is a very nice guy but if you think he told you anything with those nice politically correct comments then...well, refer to aforementioned retarded comment.

the rest is up to you mike. you can put a positive spin or a negative one. i guarantee nobody here will be losing sleep over it.

i remember reading about how dorian yates improved his back. seems hard to believe with hindsight, but apparently yates lost to momo benaziza because his back development wasn't up to par.

anyway, the story goes that yates went back to the gym (post contest) with a renewed focus. he hated his back. he would shout in the gym mirror, "YOUR BACK IS SHIT YATES!" training session after training session and the rest is history.

yes, you've got lots of guts to get up there mike and yes, more than 99% of the population. if you want reassurance and confirmation of that fact then please feel free to re-read scott's post and many like it over and over, or go and stare at your trophy. if you want to take the next step then toughen the fuck up and start hating again ie "your legs are shit arvilla!" go on, you can do it. say it every time you get around to legs or back day and maybe one day people will be saying how fucking awesome arvilla's legs are and mean it.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: June 20, 2007, 11:36:14 AM »
Mike. To make you feel better. I'm in my 30s . The Ad company  never asked me my age !(  so when I saw that it said 28,) I said to myself
 Ha, Ha, " hey they can put 21 if they like". LOL. So I go around subtracting ten years off .....

...................lol no it doesn't make me feel any better

im 43

(here is 1 of my fav pics of Laura)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: June 20, 2007, 11:38:44 AM »
Best of luck to Mike and Laura -- two serious bodybuilders with the DISCIPLINE, GUTS & DESIRE to compete.

99% of bodybuilders will never compete.
90% don't have the discipline to diet down.
8% don't have the guts to withstand public scrutiny of their physiques.
1% don't have the desire.

Only 1% step on stage.

Congrats to Mike & Laura for being that 1%.

wow.................than ks!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: June 20, 2007, 11:39:49 AM »
lol, and there i was about to give you kudos for modesty.

cool  mike. it does take a lot of courage, determination and discipline to do a show. i am under no delusions about that and i respect you for that, but, think of it this way, how much of these attributes would you have if you couldn't take an online beating?

as i've said before, i don't believe anyone here at getbig really wants to just break your balls for the sake of it. you would be a complete retard (no less than, seriously) if you thought you were going to get your ass kissed here and i don't believe you're retarded.

you want 'constructive criticism', re-read the past 8 pages because the statements made re your physique, no matter how blunt, are as brutally honest as you'll ever get. i'm sure scott is a very nice guy but if you think he told you anything with those nice politically correct comments then...well, refer to aforementioned retarded comment.

the rest is up to you mike. you can put a positive spin or a negative one. i guarantee nobody here will be losing sleep over it.

i remember reading about how dorian yates improved his back. seems hard to believe with hindsight, but apparently yates lost to momo benaziza because his back development wasn't up to par.

anyway, the story goes that yates went back to the gym (post contest) with a renewed focus. he hated his back. he would shout in the gym mirror, "YOUR BACK IS SHIT YATES!" training session after training session and the rest is history.

yes, you've got lots of guts to get up there mike and yes, more than 99% of the population. if you want reassurance and confirmation of that fact then please feel free to re-read scott's post and many like it over and over, or go and stare at your trophy. if you want to take the next step then toughen the fuck up and start hating again ie "your legs are shit arvilla!" go on, you can do it. say it every time you get around to legs or back day and maybe one day people will be saying how fucking awesome arvilla's legs are and mean it.

great great post!!!

your right................... ........ty

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #174 on: June 20, 2007, 12:50:45 PM »
mike, some folks are saying the reason you haven't posted recent pics (when you used to post them all the time) is that you're in bad shape and you're shooting oil into your biceps and delts.

Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion