Author Topic: Fasting...  (Read 10974 times)

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
Re: Fasting...
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2007, 12:08:36 AM »
I might be interested in it. Mainly for health reasons, but no way i'm gonna do a water-only cleanse.
No protein -> muscle breakdown
$

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2007, 02:25:14 AM »

ahahhaa how are you connected with the great saddam hussein?

My iraqi uncle was army officer during the gulf war. he had the chance to meet with his excellency a few times.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2007, 03:25:00 AM »
My iraqi uncle was army officer during the gulf war. he had the chance to meet with his excellency a few times.
Indeed.  It is a shame what happened to his excellency. 

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2007, 08:46:56 AM »
I might be interested in it. Mainly for health reasons, but no way i'm gonna do a water-only cleanse.
No protein -> muscle breakdown

Muscle breakdown for a few days is not the end of the world.  One step back, two forward...
w

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2007, 08:55:14 AM »
Muscle breakdown for a few days is not the end of the world.  One step back, two forward...

sure isn't muscle breakdown the whole point of resistance training...however this is not to be confused with muscle loss.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2007, 09:22:14 AM »
I just fasted.  I last ate last night at midnight and didn't eat again till 6am today.  That's the last time I will torture myself like that. ;D

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2007, 03:14:53 PM »
Indeed.  It is a shame what happened to his excellency. 

no its not

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2007, 04:00:13 PM »
I once fasted for three days and felt great and full of energy on day three, but couldn't mentally go any longer - my stomach didn't feel hungry, but the cravings were constant and I finally gave in. 

I had the flu and pneumonia a few months ago and literally didn't eat for two weeks and lost 20 pounds without even getting out of bed.

I occasionally don't eat all day just for the hell of it also.

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2007, 04:01:34 PM »
Strange that you bring that up.  I often do 3/4 day fasts, but right now I closing in on my third full day of no food.  But tomorrow, I'll eat.  It's a great way to cleanse and detox.

How is your energy level and your sense of well being?

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2007, 04:06:47 PM »
For those of you who do fast, did you lose much muscle while fasting?

No more so than if you restricted calories period.  You will lose some muscle, but a lot of fat comes off too.

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2007, 04:13:15 PM »
Let's say I try a one day fast...is it better to do it from the middle of one day until the middle of the next (ex: 6:30 pm tonight until 6:30 pm tomorrow night) or would it be better to just do it from when I wake up until I go to sleep?

If you are only doing one day then start from when you wake up and don't eat all day, otherwise you could still stress out your digestive system by eating huge amounts of food on both days by eating a lot before and after - plus it seems like cheating.

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2007, 04:14:52 PM »
I still can't get past the dip in the energy level.  Not to mention the horrendous bad breath.

Sounds like you are releasing toxins and that is the best reason to fast

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2007, 04:33:07 PM »
i have done 7 day water only fasts twice. i wanted to last longer but was desperate for food, in the end the cravings got me.

first time i went off i went crazy and ate everything in sight, i was dying for 2 days with pains in my stomach, wind etc.

2nd time i went of it sensibly with apples. very nice.

i currently fast everyday too i eat at 8am and 8pm or later no more. its easy, and i wouldn't ever really call it a fast???
175lbs by 31st July

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2007, 04:43:18 PM »
i cant go more than 5-6 hours without eating or i get headaches. if i go longer than that i start losing weight rapidly.
fasting is for gay vegans

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2007, 04:54:01 PM »
i cant go more than 5-6 hours without eating or i get headaches. if i go longer than that i start losing weight rapidly.

LOL!

Since Gay "vegans" can't have meat......do they just use dildo's?
HAHA, RON.....

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2007, 07:13:52 AM »

give it a chance...your body is used to frequent feedings, get acclimated to eating less and you will really lose some fat.

ramazon

• Getbig III
« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2007, 11:28:36 PM »
Who here has ever fasted?  How long?  Why?
Me, the "Diet Diva", as an experiment for IRONMAN.  I consumed only distilled water for 17 days, and lost 35 pounds in the process.  Felt like I'd also lost a
lung.  Began GENTLE training on Day 5, after my appetite had completely
vanished.  IT WAS THE BEST THING I EVER DID for myself.  I was like an alcoholic getting off the bottle. I learned not only about my relationship with food, but my
terribly undernourished ego.  BTW, I'm really glad you're exploring this topic because it's a very unpopular thing to do.  Very cult.  And there's no commercial interests driving it, so folks aren't hip to the benefits.   

Mat

• Getbig II
  • Wizard from Oz
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2007, 11:40:10 PM »
Vegans are as gay as Islam itself

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2007, 11:43:42 PM »
Vegans are as gay as Islam itself

You don't have to be vegan to fast.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2007, 11:55:18 PM »
Who here has ever fasted?  How long?  Why?

During my military days we'd fast, but not exactly volunarily......

Sometimes the chow reaches you and other times it doesn't.

Sometimes you don't want it even when it does.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2007, 07:32:09 AM »
Felt like I'd also lost a
lung.  

Is this a good feeling?

ramazon

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2007, 10:12:54 AM »
Is this a good feeling?
Carb-depletion doesn't usually feel "good" until you hit ketosis (pale pink when
reading your Ketostix).  This is the "bad breath stage", after which you're high as a kite.  Training-wise, the wind had left my sails.  To conserve energy, all of my bodily systems were operating at half-power.  Yes, it's GOOD to get to know your body, Efirkey.  Heightened self-awareness can increase both self-appreciation and performance.  Deprivation has been one of my best teachers.  You don't know whatcha got til it's gone; and I didn't appreciate food until I went without.  Just as they do in two-thirds of the world. 

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2007, 10:25:14 AM »
Only on Getbig - a bodybuilding website - do morons rant on about fasting. Sometimes i honestly believe everyone on here is a gimmic, and i'm the target of some enormous practical joke.

Fasting for bodybuilders. Whatever next ::)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2007, 10:35:10 AM »
i'm the target of some enormous practical joke.

Do you think your girl laughs with her friends about... you know, how you two get busy?  Do you think she digs it, or does she just do it because it amuses her to demean you, and then tell everyone about it?

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2007, 10:46:06 AM »
Do you think your girl laughs with her friends about... you know, how you two get busy?  Do you think she digs it, or does she just do it because it amuses her to demean you, and then tell everyone about it?
Oh she 'digs it', Tapeworm 8)

If you ever get a girlfriend [a real one, not 'Lady of the Midnight Fortress' from World of Warcraft] maybe she'll do it to you!