Author Topic: What are these? xxxLinda!?  (Read 5485 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Re: What are these? xxxLinda!?
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2007, 01:29:00 PM »
Thanks ~flower~, I just found this thread.  Lovely growths if you ask me.  I'm glad you got pix (and that STella was able to identify the dog stinkhorn for you.

I wouldn't put Miracle Grow chemicals on fruit trees, or on anything, I'm kinda organic.
But that's just me.
xL

Please keep us posted and tell us what comes up next?

I didn't put Miracle Grow on them, it was their potting soil.  What is good for miniature fruit trees?  They are really doing good on the porch with the good sunlight.   :)     Maybe I will actually have some fruit in 10 years or so  ::)

The fungi have pretty much died.  I let the soil dry out.  They were creepy. Their are shriveld fungi carcasses in there. I did water them this morning, so maybe they will revive?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2007, 01:35:16 PM »
no, they won't, they're freaks of nature, they last maybe 3 days.  And they need exactly the right weather and temperature.  So you're lucky.

You took fantastic pix of 'em too, so that's lovely,

Isn't Mother Nature amazing?

But don't put chemicals anyplace near fruit trees if you plan to eat any of it, okay?
xL

Try comfrey or seaweed if they need feeding.
Or just pot them up (in bigger pots) in fresh fertile compost and water well.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2007, 01:43:43 PM »
The mini fruit trees, I mean.

What kinda fruits you got?

xL

(since we've identified the fab fungi...

I've got lots too, they come up in the logs, the firewood, the tree stumps.  But mine are different, they look like stones.  The other ones look like steps.  We've had tons of rain. 

I saw the most beautiful dragonfly today, purple and turquoise and pink irridescent.  In the middle of central London.  He hovered a bit and then flew away.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2007, 04:46:29 PM »
I have 2 orange, 2 tangerine, 2 lemon, and 1 lime.  There was 2 of each but the dogs ate one.  They came as little seedlings.  I have had them about 4 years now, no fruit.    ::)      In the pic they show them covered with miniature fruits.  I should of moved them to the porch every summer.  Maybe they will do some growing now?  This was the first time I saw some blossoms on them. 

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2007, 05:48:34 AM »
5-10 years they might take to establish.  Blossoms are a good first sign after 4 years.

Cut out the Miracle Grow and go organic.
xL

Fruit flowers smell fantastic after the rain.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2007, 05:57:22 AM »
5-10 years.   :(   I think that was deceptive advertising!!! 

When I repot them again I will go organic.  Then they will be in their own separate pots probably.    Should I get really big pots, or just keep upsizing them?

If the pots are really big does that encourage root growth over tree growth?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2007, 05:58:03 AM »
In the pic they show them covered with miniature fruits. 

That's what we love about gardening and plants, in the photos you get when you purchase them they don't look anything nearly like what they're really going to look like each and every lovely day when you love them.  You get a pic of a promise and you take it further.  It blossoms and is better than the pic they sold you.

Not at all like travel brochures, which are always disappointing when you get there and see the 2* hotel in person.
xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2007, 06:00:14 AM »
5-10 years.    just keep upsizing them?

& talk to them
xL

blow kisses...