Author Topic: Did Ronnie's posing (Moses & King outfit) cost him the 2006 Sandow?  (Read 5984 times)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: Did Ronnie's posing (Moses & King outfit) cost him the 2006 Sandow?
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2007, 04:17:27 AM »
so once again I say.If the IFBB has all this predetermined then why do we even care or support the sport,If it indeed is fixed.
DAWG

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2007, 04:26:01 AM »
Exactly right...too bad jay has the excitment of a dead turtle

A little extreme. More like a turtle that's slowly dying.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2007, 04:27:19 AM »

if Jay wins this year I can't see him losing for the next couple of years.

but if ronnie wins and retires it would give the IFBB the perfect opppertunity to transition to the young guys.

Bizarre reasoning; they can transition to younger guys whether either of these guys wins this year or not.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2007, 04:28:58 AM »

And so far as Ronnie having done anything for BB like some IDIOT said on this board...at least Ronnie is EXCITING and has a CHARACTER...What has JAY done? NOTHING!!! He looks like a FUCKING ZOMBIE ON PCP. I hope the bastard breaks his leg so that his BB career is over. I hate his worthless BITCH ASS.

You think maybe you're a little biased?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2007, 05:49:37 AM »
Video clip -
http://www.getanabolics.com/2007/06/ronnie-colemans-2006-performance-at-mr.html

Did the fact he was brash enough to wear the king's robe/crown and staff make the judges like him less?  And was the moses get-up offensive?  If he had done a safer routine, would he have won the posing round and remained the champ?
No, Jay just caught up to him. thats all. Its either one's game now.

PB

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2007, 06:11:47 AM »
so once again I say.If the IFBB has all this predetermined then why do we even care or support the sport,If it indeed is fixed.

Because everyone loves the sport it is shameful to see such politicing and game playing going on. This is a little known or respected sport even though bodybuilding is the BACKBONE of all sports. TO see the obvious FRAUD taking place in judging, in contracts, to hear competitors quitting in disgust or arguing with those self appointed never changing judges over their descisions is ridiculous. In no other sport does corruption run as high as in BB. We would all like things to be honest despite all of the dishonesty. I guess this is why we remain loyal through it all...Maybe once the disgust reaches it peak and magazines stop being purchased and attendance at the shows falls to nothing, then the sport and all of its officials will get the hint and change, lest they find fans not supporting the sport or the companies that market their products by way of the sport anymore.
C

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2007, 06:43:29 AM »
Jay would have beaten Ronnie back in 2001, when he was clearly better and was leading after the PJ....

Chick,

Are you saying the 2001 olympia was fixed?

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2007, 07:37:37 AM »
Chick,

That's what he said.  It's pretty cool he has the balls to call out the IFBB for rigging shows.  Props, chicerillo!
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

eliscominblue

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2007, 08:43:34 AM »
I think it was the pimp hat that did him in....

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2007, 08:47:18 AM »

and what the fuck has ronnie coleman done in the last 8 years for bbing?

espn used to carry the shows, now they arent even on ppv.

ronnie cant even speak english.

Now that is the truth if I ever heard it.  Jay can only do what the IFBB will permit him.  Cant believe he hasn't been on leno yet.  Someone get this Guy a manager!
Most are all show no go!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2007, 09:40:40 AM »
Chick,

Fixed? Certainly not....the judges awarded the title to the wrong guy...something along the lines of the 'ol "you have to knock out the champ.." bullshit...

You shouldn't have to "knock out" the champ...just beat him fair and square....by K.O., by T.K.O., or simply by points.

If someone wanted to "fix" it..dont you think giving i to Jay would have been the call? Creates more interest and hype, more to write about, etc....

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2007, 10:21:02 AM »
You think maybe you're a little biased?

JAY...IS THAT YOU?
C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2007, 10:26:56 AM »
i don't think its was offensive as much as it was retarded...Really goes to show just how fcking stupid Ronnie really is...In a 'sport' that is surrounded by the gay community, one really has to wonder what he was trying to do or say with the moses BS...I mean really most religions don't except the gay community(esp. Ronnies) and he wants to throw it in their faces...

Jay beat him anyway but bringing onstage was really crazy IMOP...

RETARDED???!!!

OH I SEE...You are one of those FAGS that just outted youself.

How in the world does or did Ronnie's routine say or do anything for or to the homo community???

Maybe since Ronnie is a Christian he was using his faith and portraying a main patriarch Prophet in the Bible known as Moses to play out his routine. Would you please tell me what the homosexuals had to do with Moses? O how this is offensive?? Maybe he should have played the part of LOT who instructed by angels fled from Soddom and Gommorah to escape the fire and brimstone GOD rained down on the GAY community....So much for GOD loves everybody and so much for "offending" gays at BB shows.
C

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2007, 10:28:25 AM »
I don't get why Ronnie tried to go heavier than 03 Olympia. I to this day haven't seen a physique that could top that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2007, 12:04:01 PM »
During that "Show of Strength" that Gunther won prior to it ever starting, they had Gunther's image super imposed on the advertisements.

Ronnie's image was small and in the background while Gunther's image dominated that whole ad.

Tell me why, Ronnie, being the legitimate King, why was his image smaller than Gunther's?

Way before that contest took place, I knew Ronnie wasnt going to win that show and Gunther was going to win it. 

And when the contest  was held, Ronnie did lose and Gunther did win. Prior to this contest, Gunther never won a pro show...

Some call that coincidence....I say a big "screw-over"

Im not no psychic but it was blatant who was going to win because of that ad....because of that, it created a lot of hype because during that time it seemed Ronnie was unstoppable. This in turn set the stage for the Olympia that year and people were saying Gunther was going to take the "O"...we all knew who won the "O" that year...

Gunther never ever won another pro contest after the Show of Strength...coincidence? Nope....people saw the bullshit a mile away

jerryme7,

yes, the promoters probably wanted gunter to win.  and yes, they made the decision to primarily market gunter and not ronnie.

i woudl agree the fix was in, except for one thing - Gunter brought a lifetime shape and DID look better than Ronnie.  Look at the pics or video.  Gunter looked insane, ronnie looked very subpar.  I'm a big ronnie fan, but honestly, he wasn't the best man on that stage.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2007, 12:08:04 PM »
Mr. Cortisol once again you keep posting a picture that is not me.  ::)

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2007, 08:48:08 PM »
Fixed? Certainly not....the judges awarded the title to the wrong guy...something along the lines of the 'ol "you have to knock out the champ.." bullshit...

You shouldn't have to "knock out" the champ...just beat him fair and square....by K.O., by T.K.O., or simply by points.

If someone wanted to "fix" it..dont you think giving i to Jay would have been the call? Creates more interest and hype, more to write about, etc....

for once Chick, we agree
the Mr. O judging is bullshit

6,7,8 year winning streaks are a result of poor judging - a predetermined outcome.
i.e. the judges know the returning champ will win.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2007, 09:15:40 PM »
RETARDED???!!!

OH I SEE...You are one of those FAGS that just outted youself.

How in the world does or did Ronnie's routine say or do anything for or to the #### community???

Maybe since Ronnie is a Christian he was using his faith and portraying a main patriarch Prophet in the Bible known as Moses to play out his routine. Would you please tell me what the homosexuals had to do with Moses? O how this is offensive?? Maybe he should have played the part of LOT who instructed by angels fled from Soddom and Gommorah to escape the fire and brimstone GOD rained down on the GAY community....So much for GOD loves everybody and so much for "offending" gays at BB shows.

dude i don't give a fck about homo's...But lets break it down...Ronnie throws his religion into everything...Like he is some richeous man...This is a man that was a cop yet broke the law on a daily basis...Now you have 1/2 of the people in the audience that are most likely gayer then Bob Paris...Which in more cases then not they lean way to the left of center and follow a secular progressive agenda....What does that mean? They don't want any type of religion thrown in their face...Expecially one that kicks these people to the curb...That is why i would say he is retarded...Wrong audience to throw a religious tyrade...

Why else is he retarded...Lets say that flex mag or weider uses his photos of him as moses in the mags....Remember that these mags are being bought up by mainly again these secular progressives...Its an easy way to lose a fan base IMOP...So for that i say he is retarded....

At the very least, way risk it!  oh and by the way, Ronnie didn't do himself any favors with his showing on PBW...My bet is he lost some fans from that also...I know he did with me...I thought this guy was unbeatable...But now I WANT HIM TO LOSE...He is a self richeous prick IMOP

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2007, 09:42:14 PM »
hey it gave jay a chance to land alot more money guest posing, he probably made close to $500,000.00 bucks in guestposings.

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2007, 11:23:30 PM »

how is jay more marketable than ronnie?

what has jay done for bbing since he won apart from private business ventures

great white hope  ::) ::)

Jay is definitely more marketable.  In one of Ronnie's dvds, I swear the guy uses fewer than 25 different words.  "Chicken, cornbred, grits, eggwhites, beans, light weight baby, cardio, movie".....that's probably half.  He also looked bored as hell and not even happy.  The Moses costume, if not offensive, was just plain dumb.  Outside of a few of Kamali's getups, it was one of the worst I've ever seen. 

You give Jay an intelligence test on paper and he'll probably do good.  You give that same test to Ronnie and it will be slathered in barbecue sauce and have a disposable needle sticking to the last page.

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2007, 11:50:18 PM »
Definitely.  Never shoulda wore that crap.  Pissed off Weider.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2007, 08:49:36 PM »
Definitely.  Never shoulda wore that crap.  Pissed off Weider.

agreed...Weider is a closet secular progressive who wants everyone to walk the streets naked...Last thing he wants is his main man preaching religion...

But its still didn't cost Ronnie the title...He lost fair and square...

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2007, 09:30:45 PM »

Ronnie is talking about his injuries
TEAM WOLF

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2007, 09:43:29 PM »

clasic  ;D

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2007, 09:54:57 PM »

he is speaking jibberish.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion