Author Topic: Which equipment is better out of these 2 ??  (Read 4201 times)

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
Re: Which equipment is better out of these 2 ??
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2007, 02:30:27 AM »
Don't forget that you'll probably need a pretty big ash tray for your home gym.

And a hatchet holster for "Old Choppy".

hahahaha gotta protect himself during the workout

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2007, 03:03:33 AM »
what do you guys think of this one, its not too expensive also 195 euro.

i would go for this one. good when you train alone.  because you can go to failure on squats and bench presses and then if you can't get the last rep up just drop the barbell on the safety bars. safety bars are good for barbell shrugs to.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2007, 04:16:46 AM »
i would go for this one. good when you train alone.  because you can go to failure on squats and bench presses and then if you can't get the last rep up just drop the barbell on the safety bars. safety bars are good for barbell shrugs to.

yes i think this one is the best because of the safety issue, i like to do heavy lunges, and the workout is gonna be better, if i can go all out not worry too much about the safety if i should slip. but im still confused about the bench safety, i like to do  full range of motion, and the safety pins can get in the way, if you go all the way down??

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2007, 04:23:05 AM »
That squat cage is probably the most versatile out of the lot. Also get circular plates rather than the polygon ones in that weight set.

why are normal plates better?  These coloured plates showed on the pic, are with a rubber coat on the outside, they make less noise and are nicer to pick up. There is no real difference with the normal ones???

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2007, 04:27:14 AM »
yes i think this one is the best because of the safety issue, i like to do heavy lunges, and the workout is gonna be better, if i can go all out not worry too much about the safety if i should slip. but im still confused about the bench safety, i like to do  full range of motion, and the safety pins can get in the way, if you go all the way down??
no they are not in the way. cause when you bench you puch your chest out. it works for me anyway.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2007, 04:27:47 AM »
That squat rack above is for home use it looks like.  It won't be to sturdy with heavyweight
have you seen the squat cage pic i posted?
which one would you buy if you trained alone? the squat rack or the squat cage??   whats sturdy?  i first wanted the squat-rack, but now when i think of it, the cage is better because of the safety, they both look solid for heavy weights.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2007, 04:29:44 AM »
why are normal plates better?  These coloured plates showed on the pic, are with a rubber coat on the outside, they make less noise and are nicer to pick up. There is no real difference with the normal ones???

Well I don't know how far you want to go with this, but as you progress and start to accumulate more weights it will be easier to match a set of round weights as opposed to shaped weights.  If you don't ever think you'll exceed the weight that came with the set, get the set. 
\

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2007, 04:30:04 AM »
no they are not in the way. cause when you bench you puch your chest out. it works for me anyway.

you mean the pins are very close to your chest? so if you cant complete the last rep you drop it on the pins that are just slightly above your chest??  thanks for the replies guys. ill go with the squat-cage.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2007, 04:31:27 AM »
just get the set + 2* 45's and you'll be set

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2007, 04:33:29 AM »
Well I don't know how far you want to go with this, but as you progress and start to accumulate more weights it will be easier to match a set of round weights as opposed to shaped weights.  If you don't ever think you'll exceed the weight that came with the set, get the set. 

right now i can only do deadlift's sligthly over 140 kg, but with 140 kg for lunges, squats and bench i think i can take ages till i need more weight. But i can always buy 2 blue weights of 20 kg with it, i like the rubber weights far better, they make no sound.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2007, 04:38:08 AM »
hey that olympic bar is fuckin 220 cm long, i think ill go with the 180cm, a shorter one.

Frauhorn

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2007, 04:55:08 AM »
have you seen the squat cage pic i posted?
which one would you buy if you trained alone? the squat rack or the squat cage??   whats sturdy?  i first wanted the squat-rack, but now when i think of it, the cage is better because of the safety, they both look solid for heavy weights.

yeah man def get the cage. its got the safety bars, + you can do chin ups on it, + you can cover it in a sheet and its your own little cubby house

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2007, 05:06:07 AM »
yeah man def get the cage. its got the safety bars, + you can do chin ups on it, + you can cover it in a sheet and its your own little cubby house

ha ha thats great man.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2007, 05:14:28 AM »
hey that olympic bar is fuckin 220 cm long, i think ill go with the 180cm, a shorter one.
Might not fit into the rack then. Measure first.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2007, 05:15:35 AM »
Just make sure that your floor is strong enough to support it.  I wouldn't think of loading a bench with 315 on an apartment floor let alone get under it.  If your in a house or have cement floors you should be ok.  But ground floor > all.
\

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2007, 05:29:13 AM »
Just make sure that your floor is strong enough to support it.  I wouldn't think of loading a bench with 315 on an apartment floor let alone get under it.  If your in a house or have cement floors you should be ok.  But ground floor > all.

ha ha didnt think of that yet, im on the first floor, not on the ground, its a building, but im sure its cement under my feet, ill take my chances.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2007, 05:31:41 AM »
Might not fit into the rack then. Measure first.
the guys at the store know that, ill ask for avice.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2007, 05:32:47 AM »
im more concerned about the safety pins, they dont look that thick. they also have this one for 395 euro, looks more solid, but overall too expensive, i have to buy a solid bench-seat too.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2007, 04:20:38 PM »
So i ordered this better cage, when i went to the place the cheaper cage was too small inside, no space, had to go with the one twice as expensive, with a real nice bench. The shit will come in 2weeks from now. this is gonna be it for now.