Author Topic: Roger Clemens has an era of 5.07  (Read 6663 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Roger Clemens has an era of 5.07
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2007, 07:23:07 PM »
I saw it to on good old WPIX.

I believe I did too. ;D
Y

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2007, 08:49:57 PM »
George Brett was a badass ballplayer in his day. That guy could play.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2007, 08:11:52 AM »
Where is everybody? Clemens era isn't 5.07 anymore. ;)
The House that Ruth built

body88

« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2007, 10:04:50 AM »

True, but he is still a sub .500 pitcher. 2-3 I believe. That could all change tonight, and he could get to .500 ;) If the yanks win the world series Clemens can be justified. If not Clemens could have an era of 0.00 and the move would be a total waste/failure.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2007, 05:15:44 PM »
True, but he is still a sub .500 pitcher. 2-3 I believe. That could all change tonight, and he could get to .500 ;) If the yanks win the world series Clemens can be justified. If not Clemens could have an era of 0.00 and the move would be a total waste/failure.

Using that logic, every one year free agent signing for non-WS winning teams would classify as the same thing.
Y

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2007, 07:49:09 PM »
5 innings and 5 runs for the loss tonight against the D-Rays.

ERA's still decent at 4.20

And of course the Sox offense can't do anything when they have to. There's no way a team as unclutch as the Sox are going far into the playoffs. I remember the days when Manny and especially Papi used to come through when you needed them to. Those days are long gone.  They don't seem to know what the concept of timely hitting is.  ::)

Theo better get on the phone and start wheeling and dealing.

body88

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2007, 08:58:00 PM »
5 innings and 5 runs for the loss tonight against the D-Rays.

ERA's still decent at 4.20

And of course the Sox offense can't do anything when they have to. There's no way a team as unclutch as the Sox are going far into the playoffs. I remember the days when Manny and especially Papi used to come through when you needed them to. Those days are long gone.  They don't seem to know what the concept of timely hitting is.  ::)

Theo better get on the phone and start wheeling and dealing.

Papi is hurt homey!

body88

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2007, 09:00:34 PM »
Using that logic, every one year free agent signing for non-WS winning teams would classify as the same thing.

Not really. The Yankees have a gigantic payrole  They have a huge advantage over a team just trying to make the playoffs and stay afloat. Anything less then a ws win is a total failure. Are you saying Roger was brought in to just help the yankess make the playoffs?

body88

« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2007, 09:01:39 PM »

5 runs over 5 1/2 innings vs those mighty devil rays tonight!!! What is Rodge 2 - 4 now?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2007, 08:32:37 AM »
Not really. The Yankees have a gigantic payrole  They have a huge advantage over a team just trying to make the playoffs and stay afloat. Anything less then a ws win is a total failure. Are you saying Roger was brought in to just help the yankess make the playoffs?

Body, the Red Sox payroll is creeping up on the Yankees every year. I think its pretty apparent by now the Yankees aren't much better than a .500 ballclub. I think Brian Cashman should be let go at the end of the year and Joe should be allowed to retire. The Yankees have a terrible bullpen except for Mariano and the have a ZERO bench. They need to start getting younger at both position players and pitchers.
The House that Ruth built

body88

« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2007, 08:51:47 AM »
Body, the Red Sox payroll is creeping up on the Yankees every year. I think its pretty apparent by now the Yankees aren't much better than a .500 ballclub. I think Brian Cashman should be let go at the end of the year and Joe should be allowed to retire. The Yankees have a terrible bullpen except for Mariano and the have a ZERO bench. They need to start getting younger at both position players and pitchers.

I agree Macys. If the sox don't win the ws the season is a total failure also. Even tho the Yankees outspend us by a lot still, we outspend most other clubs by a large margin also. So for us to claim our own season would be a success if we did not win it all is bullshat. Yea a pennet would be nice , but a ws is what the fans crave.