Author Topic: Norman Mineta Confirms That Dick Cheney Ordered Stand Down on 9/11  (Read 833 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Norman Mineta Confirms That Dick Cheney Ordered Stand Down on 9/11
Former Transportation Secretary Also Reveals Lynn Cheney Was in PEOC Bunker and Contradicts 9/11 Commission Report's Account of Dick Cheney's Timetable

Aaron Dykes / JonesReport | June 26, 2007

Former Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta answered questions from members of 9/11 Truth Seattle.org about his testimony before the 9/11 Commission report.

Mineta says Vice President Cheney was "absolutely" already there when he arrived at approximately 9:25 a.m. in the PEOC (Presidential Emergency Operations Center) bunker on the morning of 9/11. Mineta seemed shocked to learn that the 9/11 Commission Report claimed Cheney had not arrived there until 9:58-- after the Pentagon had been hit, a report that Mineta definitively contradicted.

Norman Mineta revealed that Lynn Cheney was also in the PEOC bunker already at the time of his arrival, along with a number of other staff.

Norman Mineta Confirms That Dick Cheney Ordered Stand Down on 9/11
Former Transportation Secretary Also Reveals Lynn Cheney Was in PEOC Bunker and Contradicts 9/11 Commission Report's Account of Dick Cheney's Timetable

Aaron Dykes / JonesReport | June 26, 2007

Former Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta answered questions from members of 9/11 Truth Seattle.org about his testimony before the 9/11 Commission report.

Mineta says Vice President Cheney was "absolutely" already there when he arrived at approximately 9:25 a.m. in the PEOC (Presidential Emergency Operations Center) bunker on the morning of 9/11. Mineta seemed shocked to learn that the 9/11 Commission Report claimed Cheney had not arrived there until 9:58-- after the Pentagon had been hit, a report that Mineta definitively contradicted.

Norman Mineta revealed that Lynn Cheney was also in the PEOC bunker already at the time of his arrival, along with a number of other staff.

Mineta is on video testifying before the 9/11 Commission , though it was omitted from their final report. He told Lee Hamilton:

“During the time that the airplane was coming into the Pentagon, there was a young man who would come in and say to the Vice President…the plane is 50 miles out…the plane is 30 miles out….and when it got down to the plane is 10 miles out, the young man also said to the vice president “do the orders still stand?” And the Vice President turned and whipped his neck around and said “Of course the orders still stand, have you heard anything to the contrary!?

Mineta confirmed his statements with reporters, "When I overheard something about 'the orders still stand' and so, what I thought of was that they had already made the decision to shoot something down."

Mineta was still in the PEOG bunker when the plane was reported down in Shanksville, Pennsylvania.

"I remember later on when I heard about the Shanksville plane going down, the Vice President was right across from me, and I said, 'Do you think that we shot it down ourselves?' He said, 'I don't know.' He said, 'Let's find out.' So he had someone check with the Pentagon. That was about maybe, let's say 10:30 or so, and we never heard back from the DoD until probably about 12:30. And they said, 'No, we didn't do it.'"

The two hour time delay is suspicious given the Vice President's own account of the dedicated video communications available that morning, as he told it to Tim Russert of Meet the Press on September 16, 2001 .

"We had access, secured communications with Air Force One, with the secretary of Defense over in the Pentagon. We had also the secure videoconference that ties together the White House, CIA, State, Justice, Defense--a very useful and valuable facility. We have the counterterrorism task force up on that net. And so I was in a position to be able to see all the stuff coming in, receive reports and then make decisions in terms of acting with it."

At a bare minimum, this confirmation by Norman Mineta is in gross contradiction to the 9/11 Commission Report and poses serious questions about the Vice President's role in ordering NORAD to stand down on 9/11.
S

seauantea

• Getbig II
With respect to the title of this thread, Mineta said nothing of the sort; he confirmed the testimony he gave before The 911 Commission regarding the conversation he overheard between Cheney and a young man in uniform. If you watch the video, he specifically said he believed the conversation he overheard was regarding a 'shoot down' order, as opposed to a 'stand down' order. Not to imply there was no issuance of a ‘stand down’ order, however, with no concrete proof this sort of presumptive/leading journalism does nothing to help the 911 truth movement.

The paramount aspects of this interview are Mineta reaffirming the timeline he gave which puts Cheney in the PEOC bunker before American Airlines 77 struck the pentagon and the fact his testimony was omitted by The 911 Commission, which instead had Cheney arriving half an hour later after the Pentagon was burning.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
with no concrete proof this sort of presumptive/leading journalism does nothing to help the 911 truth movement.

Your completely right... It is interesting stuff though, I wish Infowars understood that and would stop exaggerating so much.  :-\
S