Author Topic: Mr. GetBig II...Redemption! (official Sign-up thread)  (Read 9315 times)

AVBG

Re: Mr. GetBig II...Redemption! (official Sign-up thread)
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2007, 07:28:17 PM »
The more the merrier. If someone goes to the trouble of registering and  getting 100 posts they're a "getbigger" period.

Raz

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2007, 07:33:11 PM »

Maybe, but I tend to think of this contest as an excellent way for the site to grow. I hope many new people sign up to Getbig, to either enter the contest or to just watch from the sidelines. Do you really want to see the same 7 people enter every year?

I take your point about not wanting to see the same 7 year after year, but i AM interested to see the improvements/regressions in TA's or Waddy's physiques for example.  Besides, from the response so far we'll have several more entries from the pool of regular getbig posters.

I suppose my argument is that the element of rivalry between Bast/kiwiol/goodrum (we can but hope he of the peerless calves will throw his hat in the ring!!) etc and the subsequent bragging rights depending on who places where will be somewhat diluted should a few non-getbiggers sweep the top few places.  See where i'm coming from?

Raz

• Getbig II
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2007, 07:37:27 PM »
The more the merrier. If someone goes to the trouble of registering and  getting 100 posts they're a "getbigger" period.

Again, fair point, but the lack of prestige afforded the MD cyber classic (where the physiques were of a much higher quality than the Mr. getbig) was due to the lack of rivalry and backstory.

I'd much rather see goodrum and 240 lock horns than "danielson's buddy" against some other randomer, regardless of the quality of physique.

Just my 2 cents, as u yanks say.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2007, 07:44:11 PM »
I think im going to enter myself.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2007, 07:53:09 PM »
Go for it; you should do well.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2007, 07:55:21 PM »
Go for it; you should do well.
Thx, although i won't be at my all time best more then likely. I am focusing all my energy on something else at the moment.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2007, 07:57:29 PM »
You should! You'll beat out those other two fags.. (Apenis,BASTurd).. Even though you're also a Pretty Little Princess.  Good luck honey.!

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2007, 07:58:22 PM »
Thx, although i won't be at my all time best more then likely. I am focusing all my energy on something else at the moment.
and what would that be?

AVBG

« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2007, 08:09:32 PM »
Again, fair point, but the lack of prestige afforded the MD cyber classic (where the physiques were of a much higher quality than the Mr. getbig) was due to the lack of rivalry and backstory.

I'd much rather see goodrum and 240 lock horns than "danielson's buddy" against some other randomer, regardless of the quality of physique.

Just my 2 cents, as u yanks say.

The MD comp was a poor imitation of the Mr Getbig, which missed the point all together. They had people enter/register that were not even from their board and the vast majority have not been seen since.. The best thing about the Mr Getbig was that it got the keyboard warriors involved- the actual contributors to this board, which is something MD cannot (much to their disdain) cant claim.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2007, 08:10:50 PM »
The MD comp was a poor imitation of the Mr Getbig, which missed the point all together. They had people enter/register that were not even from their board and the vast majority have not been seen since.. The best thing about the Mr Getbig was that it got the keyboard warriors involved- the actual contributors to this board, which is something MD cannot (much to their disdain) cant claim.

Yeah and when is the winner going to be on the cover like they promised?

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2007, 08:11:16 PM »
and what would that be?
If it is succesful it will all be revealed in a few months but it is pretty big.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2007, 08:13:50 PM »
Hahahahaha I train with Dorian's ethics and Ronnie's volume bitches, although I'm about as strong as Monica Brant on my bench ::)

I think Alexxx should enter - best legs in the competition. I had Alexxx in 2nd place last time >:(

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2007, 08:16:31 PM »
Any Australians planning on entering???

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2007, 08:22:25 PM »
Any Australians planning on entering???

I'm Aussie mate. I am from Brizzie :)

I consider myself a Kiwi now, but I'll always be Aussie too you know? ;)

AVBG

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2007, 08:23:28 PM »

REALLY? Maori backround?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2007, 08:26:31 PM »
wear the ferdster wife beater for the most muscular?

Hahahahaha I didn't get what the hell you were talking about. Did you mean this here pic? ;D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2007, 08:28:08 PM »
REALLY? Maori backround?

I do have a little bit of that blood in me. I'm a mix.

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2007, 08:38:16 PM »

Cool.  Im from Brizzie too  8)

Anyone know if there's gonna be bodypart awards this year?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2007, 08:44:43 PM »
Cool.  Im from Brizzie too  8)

Anyone know if there's gonna be bodypart awards this year?

Awesome! I haven't been there in 6 years, but I used to train in a few gyms - Thor's gym in WestEnd, Archer's Gym in Annerly (later on South Bank Fitness club :P). I also trained in QUT's gym (city campus - circa 1995) and UQ's gym over the bridge.

Ah the memories 8)

I also trained in a studio in Greenlane and there were these guys who were just about the most awesome crew ever ;D Do you know any of those places?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2007, 08:49:46 PM »

No offense intended to MD, but this is a valid point.

MD, obviously as a magazine was able to offer the exposure etc. Mr. Getbig was far more grassroots and had far more camaraderie. The contest included 'real' members, which MD's did not. One thing about the contest that was very nice, was for a brief 24hr period everyone was all nice, congratulating others, the biggest 'trolls' on the site came out with supportive comments. Naturally.....the flaming started back up, but for a while we had some really good spirits on the board.

AVBG

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2007, 09:04:02 PM »
No offense intended to MD, but this is a valid point.

MD, obviously as a magazine was able to offer the exposure etc. Mr. Getbig was far more grassroots and had far more camaraderie. The contest included 'real' members, which MD's did not. One thing about the contest that was very nice, was for a brief 24hr period everyone was all nice, congratulating others, the biggest 'trolls' on the site came out with supportive comments. Naturally.....the flaming started back up, but for a while we had some really good spirits on the board.

Thanks CQ.

The exposure given to the MD winner hasn't to date eventuated - they were promised a cover (the winner was judged early March, its almost now July).

MD initially marketed their competition to their grassroots then it became a "fringe" national caliber competition, which really didn't capture the exitement of their regular board members.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2007, 09:12:26 PM »
Oh man this really sounds cool. I fully know that i will get wasted by the rest of the guys here ;D but I'm thinking about entering to give me an extra reason to keep motivated to train hard. I've only been back in the gym for about 3 months though so I really should stick to bulking up i guess. Just sounds like fun though :). When do we have to confirm that we are entering or not?

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2007, 09:17:56 PM »
Awesome! I haven't been there in 6 years, but I used to train in a few gyms - Thor's gym in WestEnd, Archer's Gym in Annerly (later on South Bank Fitness club :P). I also trained in QUT's gym (city campus - circa 1995) and UQ's gym over the bridge.

Ah the memories 8)

I also trained in a studio in Greenlane and there were these guys who were just about the most awesome crew ever ;D Do you know any of those places?

I have heard of the first 2, and I'll probably sign up at UQ's gym sometime soon caus I'm studying there.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2007, 09:28:50 PM »
I have heard of the first 2, and I'll probably sign up at UQ's gym sometime soon caus I'm studying there.

Sweet. You should live in St. Lucia or somewhere nearby - amazing f*cking place 8)

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2007, 09:31:29 PM »
Best Cheater 2006?

How did he cheat?