Author Topic: Any others here that like doing cardio?  (Read 3075 times)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Re: Any others here that like doing cardio?
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2007, 08:25:23 AM »

I find cardio to be enjoyable.. target heart rate is awesome.

Fag :D

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2007, 07:09:27 PM »

I find cardio to be enjoyable..45 minutes on the stair master at the target heart rate is awesome. I have a mp3 player that plays videos also. 8 or so music videos and you are done.

but as kiwiol said diet plays a more important role. But I just feel better when I do cardio

Yes, diet is the real key to getting lean, but I also agree with your idea that regular cardio does make you feel better.
I am really into fast walking on a good incline (10-20%)  now instead of running these days .
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2007, 07:59:59 PM »
I used to like the treadmill
X

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2007, 10:02:10 AM »
my shins hurt as well after a couple weeks of cardio sessions and I'll have to lay off the treadmill for a while but I love running using fartleks (yes fartleks) to get an intense workout in a short amount of time as opposed to spending a boring hour on the treadmill.

Basile invented the fartlekker. He fartlekked when fartlekking wasn't cool. 'The bloke what fartlekked Arnold,' Down Under.   

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2007, 10:32:17 AM »
Cardio sucks and is boring... Ipod helps and tv makes it a little better, some nice tail to stare at is also a plus when doing cardio.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2007, 10:33:56 AM »
some nice tail to stare at is also a plus when doing cardio.
My gym has stairmasters right infront of treadmills. Must have worthy ass in front for motivation.
-

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2007, 10:35:38 AM »
My gym has stairmasters right infront of treadmills. Must have worthy ass in front for motivation.

Yes, its like danggling a twinkie on a stick in front of u..  ;D

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2007, 10:37:35 AM »
if there was no ipod or tv where i go, i doubt i would do cardio on a regular basis.  but since there are, i do it 5 to 6 times a week and i dont mind it at all
F

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2007, 02:26:59 AM »

I find cardio to be enjoyable..45 minutes on the stair master at the target heart rate is awesome. I have a mp3 player that plays videos also. 8 or so music videos and you are done.

but as kiwiol said diet plays a more important role. But I just feel better when I do cardio

bumping, thats what i do Stairmaster is awesome

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2007, 02:32:51 AM »
I don't mind doing the elliptical trainer. Its a bit easier on my knee than running outside on a hard surface.
No doubt about it...

j3di3

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2007, 03:34:53 AM »
i really enjoy running outside on the sea shore, run about 10 km once or twice a week plus 2 additional sessions in the gym which are boring.
so i think guys who hate doing cardio and find it boring should try doing it outside. nothing beats running on the sea shore seeing all the fat whales lie in sun watch you pass by.  8)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2007, 03:47:32 AM »
i really enjoy running outside on the sea shore, run about 10 km once or twice a week plus 2 additional sessions in the gym which are boring.
so i think guys who hate doing cardio and find it boring should try doing it outside. nothing beats running on the sea shore seeing all the fat whales lie in sun watch you pass by.  8)
i respect anyone that runs 10km, never tried it, and would be scared to do it, i do run on the treadmill which is much easier but to run on hard surface for 10km's is awesome

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2007, 05:57:40 AM »
I absolutely hate cardio. I usually eat as clean as possible, and when I want to shed some fat i just shape up my diet some more.  And yknow..a lil eca.. That being said, whenever i HAVE gotten off my ass to do some cardio, its sure been helpful, so i think i have to bite the bullet here and start doin some. Plus yknow it'd be nice to not be gasping for breath after bangin my girl.

rodratg

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2007, 10:09:50 AM »
i respect anyone that runs 10km, never tried it, and would be scared to do it, i do run on the treadmill which is much easier but to run on hard surface for 10km's is awesome

i thought it was pretty easy to do 10 k i did it once... nike 10 k with a friend that runs everyday 5 to 10 ks
the first k was good, then at 5 i was dying... plus it was over 100 degrees... the worse part was that at the 2nd k i was still alive and i passed an old man who was going really slow, and i thought waht a looser.. then at the 7th k i hear sh sh sh sh sh, then look bak and the old man was aproaching me, then passed me! SHIT! jajaja its hard to run 10 ks if you have never done it before... but its a cool experience... I got a free t shirt! jajaja