Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
November 24, 2014, 12:14:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 383651 times)
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #6125 on: November 19, 2014, 12:39:41 AM »

Week two. Doing the full body workout still. Didn't make it yesterday....long sad story. Went today. I'll still get at least three days in this week. Yahoo!

My son-in-law purchased a family membership at a gym which is closer to home. I doubt it has the array of equipment that the gym I go to has, but I am going to check it out tomorrow. It's kind of fun to be able to go to different gyms for a a change of scene.

I got the nicest compliment at the gym today. This fellow asked me if I used to work out at a different with the same owner. I said I did. He told me I don't look any different except for having a beard. He said he was 18 years old when he went there. He then told me he is 40 now.

Not bad, even being recognized 22 years later is pretty great, but being told I haven't changed as in looking older is even better. I told him I was 70 years old. He seemed shocked.

He's my new best buddy!  Grin
Report to moderator   Logged
Charlys69
Getbig III

« Reply #6126 on: November 19, 2014, 03:04:23 AM »

Having a home gym is fantastic. I really enjoy the solitude of working out by myself blasting the radio.

I notice you do super slow reps. Do you follow Darden and Ronald Hutchison view points on this?  I remember the blasphemy of the HIT community when Hutchison changed the cams on the MEDX machines for his super slow.

my training is more holisitc, that means i use all kind of rep-ranges, and different kinds of rep speeds. For Super-slow reps i wouldnt call me an expert. I do them sometimes in the middle or end of my worked musclegroups. I believe that some exercises can be done in slow-motion and have some positive effect, others are not so optimal for this technique (Deadlift,.....)
When im training in a public gym some people staring at me when im doing that kind of reps. Sometimes it dont bother you, sometimes you dont like that. So in the homegym i can do what i like without observations. If this people will come up to me and ask, i will give my statement, why i do this, or how to find the "optimal resistance" for this technique.
Im not addiceted to only 1 kind of training muscles (for example heavy weights  - low reps, or higher reps-lower weights), i like the variation, so my focus is most of the time good when im training. If i only train in one fashion, i think it could get boring, if you dont progress after some years.
1 benefit od super slow training is that you train the rep all the way, full stretch, full contraction, and get a better connection to some stubborn muscle sections.
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #6127 on: November 19, 2014, 11:54:55 AM »

Today i trained Back.

Front chins 3x max
Barbell Rows 4 sets
Barbell Bent arm Pullovers 3 sets
Close grip pulley rows 4 sets

Cardio: 45 mins easy run outside. Abs: Incline sit ups 3 sets, hanging knee raises 3 sets. Went straight for a run after workout and did Abs at Home.
wild willie
Getbig V

« Reply #6128 on: November 19, 2014, 02:14:21 PM »

delts and bis:

hammer presses   3

behind the back cable laterals  3

reverse pec deck   3

db shrugs  3

standing ez bar curls  3

one arm preachers  3

hammer rope curls  3
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #6129 on: November 19, 2014, 02:27:11 PM »

delts and bis:

hammer presses   3

behind the back cable laterals  3

reverse pec deck   3

db shrugs  3

standing ez bar curls  3

one arm preachers  3

hammer rope curls  3

WHAT ARE YOUR REP SCHEMES?Huh

$
wild willie
Getbig V

« Reply #6130 on: November 19, 2014, 02:41:00 PM »

no more than 10-12 reps and no less than 6 reps.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #6131 on: November 19, 2014, 03:03:18 PM »

ME TOO,,AT TIMES I WILL DO A 15-20 CURL OR TRI PUSHDOWNS 2 SETS TO FINISH OFF..

$
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #6132 on: November 19, 2014, 08:58:37 PM »

back...
close bar grip front pulldowns x4
tbar row pad to chest x2 ..2 playes,2 plates and 10's,2 plates and 25
seated row machine ,chest to pad version ,2 sets low grip ,2 sets side grips
pulldowns behind neck x3
standing pulls to waist x3

weighted hypers x3

bi's
seated curl machine x3
dbell curls x3
barbell curlsx3
cable curls top grips on cable crossover x2

abs

$
ritch
Getbig IV

« Reply #6133 on: November 19, 2014, 09:11:47 PM »

my training is more holisitc, that means i use all kind of rep-ranges, and different kinds of rep speeds. For Super-slow reps i wouldnt call me an expert. I do them sometimes in the middle or end of my worked musclegroups. I believe that some exercises can be done in slow-motion and have some positive effect, others are not so optimal for this technique (Deadlift,.....)
When im training in a public gym some people staring at me when im doing that kind of reps. Sometimes it dont bother you, sometimes you dont like that. So in the homegym i can do what i like without observations. If this people will come up to me and ask, i will give my statement, why i do this, or how to find the "optimal resistance" for this technique.
Im not addiceted to only 1 kind of training muscles (for example heavy weights  - low reps, or higher reps-lower weights), i like the variation, so my focus is most of the time good when im training. If i only train in one fashion, i think it could get boring, if you dont progress after some years.
1 benefit od super slow training is that you train the rep all the way, full stretch, full contraction, and get a better connection to some stubborn muscle sections.

That is so close to what I do, was like I wrote it myself. I just never do volume 6 work sets per muscle group is plenty when taken to some sort of failure like rest/pause, drop sets, static, negatives...

I wish I would have opened myself up sooner and do 3-0-3-2 arm temp years ago. Plus it's so much easier on the joints, but heavy ass lifting is still needed for sure, no escaping that!...
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #6134 on: November 20, 2014, 06:05:33 AM »

pretty much what i do too, although i do 5x5 now and again.  Front squats i like higher reps normally around 15. Legs i like more reps genrally. Stiff legged deads i do 10-15 and really feel it. I like 10-15 for legs. One of the hardest squat workouts ive done is 20 rep squats old school superset with pull overs. I think Bill Grant said this one time that we are not powerlifters but Bodybuilders and so Higher reps.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #6135 on: November 20, 2014, 09:16:40 PM »

delts at home

press db..45/50/60/60
laterals x3 drops 30x10/20x10 ..
rear laterals on incline face down x3
front raise cable x3
i do a db raise finish hands in rear raise up shoulder level x2

shrugs
rear cable shrugs x4
front shrug cable  supersetied with db to sides x2

finished 3 sets pushups 20 reps sets..nice fr delt/pec finish with delt pump..

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #6136 on: November 21, 2014, 02:36:21 AM »

delts at home

press db..45/50/60/60
laterals x3 drops 30x10/20x10 ..
rear laterals on incline face down x3
front raise cable x3
i do a db raise finish hands in rear raise up shoulder level x2

shrugs
rear cable shrugs x4
front shrug cable  supersetied with db to sides x2

finished 3 sets pushups 20 reps sets..nice fr delt/pec finish with delt pump..
nice... next workout im going to do Reverse Dumbbell laterals like bertil fox did. Not done them in a long time. Good trap exercise too.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #6137 on: November 21, 2014, 07:54:04 AM »

nice... next workout im going to do Reverse Dumbbell laterals like bertil fox did. Not done them in a long time. Good trap exercise too.
sorta did them that way ,,i like arnold incline laying on side raises too...

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #6138 on: November 21, 2014, 08:03:29 AM »

sorta did them that way ,,i like Arnold incline laying on side raises too...
yes great move.. Doing raises from a Parallel position upwards really hits Delts and Traps..Palms up. Not a lot of weight but effective.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #6139 on: November 21, 2014, 08:08:45 AM »

yes great move.. Doing raises from a Parallel position upwards really hits Delts and Traps..Palms up. Not a lot of weight but effective.
drug crowd i understand less effort 'easier gains...but i actually love training and idea to shake it up/redirect it/come up with different ways to stimulate...

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #6140 on: November 21, 2014, 08:26:51 AM »

drug crowd i understand less effort 'easier gains...but i actually love training and idea to shake it up/redirect it/come up with different ways to stimulate...
I think Rich is a good example, does some Heavy Duty style workouts, i think his average sets are 2 sets but then again has an open opinion about volume. A very Knowledible guy.
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #6141 on: November 21, 2014, 11:38:31 PM »

My two week update. Okay so this is the end of the second week of me hitting the gym again. I'm still taking it easy with the weights and reps, but there is steady improvement. Two weeks ago on day one, I did a full body workout; one set of 12 reps using mostly Nautilus equipment and very little added resistance. Today I still did a full body workout, only I did 3 sets of 12 - 10 reps using more weight and a variety of Nautilus, Hammer and free weights.

It is like I am starting from scratch. I'm not going to push myself too hard. The goal is to be consistent. Not to be super strong or a mass monster, as if that were even possible.

One amazing thing is that doing deep squats with very light resistance seems to actually be helping with the knee pain. I almost have no knee pain at all. I must be doing something right! Yahoo. My gait is pretty much back to my normal fast walk pace instead of limping along like a geezer or Tim Conway playing a geezer. You all are probably too old to remember him, but that's okay too.

One thing that really made my day today was to see Earl at the gym. Earl is 10 years older than I am. He's a former amateur bodybuilder whose photo hangs on the wall at the gym. He also won a few power lifting contests when he was in his 60's and 70's. Earl cannot drive any longer because of vision problems and Parkinson's, so his wife and son bring him to the gym to workout these days. He was chatting it up with an attractive lady when I saw him. We had a good buddy moment and I left him to his new lady friend. I hope I look half as good as he does in 10 years.

Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #6142 on: November 22, 2014, 08:51:21 AM »

My two week update. Okay so this is the end of the second week of me hitting the gym again. I'm still taking it easy with the weights and reps, but there is steady improvement. Two weeks ago on day one, I did a full body workout; one set of 12 reps using mostly Nautilus equipment and very little added resistance. Today I still did a full body workout, only I did 3 sets of 12 - 10 reps using more weight and a variety of Nautilus, Hammer and free weights.

It is like I am starting from scratch. I'm not going to push myself too hard. The goal is to be consistent. Not to be super strong or a mass monster, as if that were even possible.

One amazing thing is that doing deep squats with very light resistance seems to actually be helping with the knee pain. I almost have no knee pain at all. I must be doing something right! Yahoo. My gait is pretty much back to my normal fast walk pace instead of limping along like a geezer or Tim Conway playing a geezer. You all are probably too old to remember him, but that's okay too.

One thing that really made my day today was to see Earl at the gym. Earl is 10 years older than I am. He's a former amateur bodybuilder whose photo hangs on the wall at the gym. He also won a few power lifting contests when he was in his 60's and 70's. Earl cannot drive any longer because of vision problems and Parkinson's, so his wife and son bring him to the gym to workout these days. He was chatting it up with an attractive lady when I saw him. We had a good buddy moment and I left him to his new lady friend. I hope I look half as good as he does in 10 years.

your Friend Earl sounds like a good Guy..keep pumpin...
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #6143 on: November 22, 2014, 01:26:44 PM »

10 bags leaves and 4 barrells after leg day,,still have about 10 bags to do,,trees love/hate,,

leg press..warmed up ...5/6/7/7 plates per
hack squat..4/5/5 and 25
walking lunges x2 80 lb on back
extensions 205/220/235

hams
sldl dbells 60/70/80...
seated leg curls..180/195/210

calves
seated calf raise x3
leg press version x3

$
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #6144 on: November 22, 2014, 03:39:15 PM »

I think Rich is a good example, does some Heavy Duty style workouts, i think his average sets are 2 sets but then again has an open opinion about volume. A very Knowledible guy.

Thanks for the compliment.  If I wasn't drunk as a skunk I would reply.
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #6145 on: November 23, 2014, 07:05:25 AM »

Thanks for the compliment.  If I wasn't drunk as a skunk I would reply.
Hope you enjoyed yourself  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!