Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
December 18, 2014, 06:36:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 406148 times)
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #6250 on: December 17, 2014, 07:28:23 AM »

This should be titled rant for the day.  Grin

I've been neglecting putting my workouts on this thread. I do have this thought watching people in the gym and especially a friend of mine. Why do so many guys look for the easiest way to perform an exercise? If you are looking to work the muscle wouldn't you find the hardest way to make the muscle work for adaptation?

Using my friend as an example. He's proud of his huge bench number. Over 400lbs at under 180lbs body weight. He uses every trick in the book.  First he arches in the most ridiculous way so the top of his belly is sky high. He touches his sky high belly with the bar. He also takes a wide grip. He puts on one of those bench shirt but brags it not the good kind they use in competition. When he benches the bar barely moves. Never measured it but I bet it barely travels over 12". It's like that with all exercises. Cut the range of motion to handle the heavy ego weights.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I try to make the exercise hard to actually make the muscle stronger and not my ego. An example of this is pull ups. It means going to a dead drop in pullups and pulling all the way up till my elbows are completely down. Ten pull ups like that are worth more than 25 of these slop things I see in the gym.

Hearing what guys use as weight in bodybuilding is just about worthless unless you see the performance. How many guys say they use 405 in squats then you watch them and they barely bend their legs. They are also delusional about how deep they go. Put 225lbs on the bar and sink it like an Olympic lifter instead of doing what isn't even half squats.

Enough of the rant.  It's just that bodybuilding attracts insecure people who prop up their ego by delusion-ally lying to them self about how strong they are. That's why I like Olympic lifting. Can you lift this weight over head or not? I don't want to hear a verbal explanation of why you can't. Can you do it?
you having a Bad Day Rich... Grin but very true.
Report to moderator   Logged
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #6251 on: December 17, 2014, 01:25:05 PM »

This should be titled rant for the day.  Grin

I've been neglecting putting my workouts on this thread. I do have this thought watching people in the gym and especially a friend of mine. Why do so many guys look for the easiest way to perform an exercise? If you are looking to work the muscle wouldn't you find the hardest way to make the muscle work for adaptation?

Using my friend as an example. He's proud of his huge bench number. Over 400lbs at under 180lbs body weight. He uses every trick in the book.  First he arches in the most ridiculous way so the top of his belly is sky high. He touches his sky high belly with the bar. He also takes a wide grip. He puts on one of those bench shirt but brags it not the good kind they use in competition. When he benches the bar barely moves. Never measured it but I bet it barely travels over 12". It's like that with all exercises. Cut the range of motion to handle the heavy ego weights.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I try to make the exercise hard to actually make the muscle stronger and not my ego. An example of this is pull ups. It means going to a dead drop in pullups and pulling all the way up till my elbows are completely down. Ten pull ups like that are worth more than 25 of these slop things I see in the gym.

Hearing what guys use as weight in bodybuilding is just about worthless unless you see the performance. How many guys say they use 405 in squats then you watch them and they barely bend their legs. They are also delusional about how deep they go. Put 225lbs on the bar and sink it like an Olympic lifter instead of doing what isn't even half squats.

Enough of the rant.  It's just that bodybuilding attracts insecure people who prop up their ego by delusion-ally lying to them self about how strong they are. That's why I like Olympic lifting. Can you lift this weight over head or not? I don't want to hear a verbal explanation of why you can't. Can you do it?

There is a difference between exercising with ease and using bad form. What you are describing is mainly bad form and using crutches that can be habit forming instead of assisting them in their maximum lift. Weight belts are a great example of this. You often see folks wearing them throughout their routine. Most people don't need the assistance of a weight belt for every lift particularly not lifts that are challenging in terms of resistance.

It has not been my goal to be the strongest person in the gym. Power lifting is not my sport; bodybuilding is. It fascinates me how much you can achieve using good form and modest resistance when lifting for bodybuilding. Did you know that when doing Nautilus crunches you should keep your head straight or look slightly towards the ceiling as opposed to looking down towards your stomach? Although I never paid attention to what I did with my head position when doing crunches, I am now, since I heard this and it feels really good. What position do you think is best when doing cable triceps push downs? Is is better to bend forward at the waist, positioning yourself over the bar or is it preferable to bend your knees slightly, keeping your back relatively straight? I bend and the knees instead of at the waist. Most folks seem to bend at the waist.

Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #6252 on: Today at 03:08:55 AM »

Back workout last night...

Front chins 4 sets
Close grip pulldowns 4 sets
machine rows wide grip 4 sets
ez bar bent arm pullovers 3 sets
medium Grip High pulls 3 sets

i decided to experiment with some Barbell High pulls. I felt it on my upper back. A good change from upright rows. Cardio was running outside about 45 mins.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #6253 on: Today at 06:00:43 AM »

daughter started to play basketball got home from work in time change rush and take her Tongue,,got home ran to gym had 45 min to get done

back /bi..

trisets worked out good
tbar row chest to pad /reverse hammer pulldowns/low cable rows...x3..too bored to post weights used still pretty damn heavy considering ..trisets
superset behind neck pulldowns with 1 arm dumbbell rows used 90's x3..

bis ..trisets
premade barbell curls 70/80/80,,with rope hammers curls cable,and seated db curls 30's.x2
finished 2 sets 30/35 dbells concentration curls on knee,,

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #6254 on: Today at 06:20:50 AM »

daughter started to play basketball got home from work in time change rush and take her Tongue,,got home ran to gym had 45 min to get done

back /bi..

trisets worked out good
tbar row chest to pad /reverse hammer pulldowns/low cable rows...x3..too bored to post weights used still pretty damn heavy considering ..trisets
superset behind neck pulldowns with 1 arm dumbbell rows used 90's x3..

bis ..trisets
premade barbell curls 70/80/80,,with rope hammers curls cable,and seated db curls 30's.x2
finished 2 sets 30/35 dbells concentration curls on knee,,
Job Done...Good Drills Steve !
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #6255 on: Today at 06:32:01 AM »

Tuesday Night i had a bit of a Drama at home. About 10 pm here my power went out.. did the normal fault finding stuff you do but could not find the problem. So Wednesday morning i had an Electrician here. Found out a plug socket in my Bedroom was the problem. A couple of wires were burned .. I thought i smelled something ... Shocked but did not see anything. Had to open a bit of the wall but not so bad as itīs like a round capped area made to open was going to Decorate soon anyway...as the wallpaper he cut away. Good job i still had my phone for getbig... Cheesy Grin   
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!