Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
July 28, 2015, 03:06:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 26089 times)
chaos
Getbig V

Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

« Reply #7550 on: July 19, 2015, 08:51:38 AM »

This week was almost a bust. Almost because I made it to the gym today for the first time. Did my "new" usual routine. 25 minutes of cardio, combo treadmill and stationary bike. Then I worked chest, arms and abs. 3 sets of 10 on chest and arms and 3 sets of 12 on abs. Still keeping the weight light, but I did up it 20 lbs. on Chest and 10 lbs. on arms. Man were my veins popping at the end of the routine. It would be cool if they'd look like that all the time.

My car with 138,000 miles on it decided to have a couple of major things go wrong. There was a hole in the exhaust manifold which on the Mazda is attached to the catalytic converter. The part was over $1,000. The check engine light indicated it was a sensor that was bad, turns out it was even though it originally checked out okay. I had them do a couple of other regular maintenance things including a transmission flush. When all was said and done this cost me a little over $3,000. The car is only worth about $4,500. A new car runs around $30,000 for anything modest, but also a little fun. I was thinking of a Mazda 3 five door hatchback, a Mini Cooper, Subaru Impreza 5 door hatchback, VW Golf 5 door hatchback or wagon or the 2016 Fiat 500X. They all cost about the same with the options I would want. The one with the most power is the Mazda. This is the car my daughter thinks I should get. 
Subaru is an awesome little car, all wheel drive and easily under 30K.
Report to moderator   Logged

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #7551 on: July 19, 2015, 09:56:14 AM »

Subaru is an awesome little car, all wheel drive and easily under 30K.

Subaru is the signature car in the Pacific N.W. You see them everywhere. I call them Subarude because the drivers of them drive like they own the road. If I get one, I'll have to practice driving like that.  Cheesy
jpm101
Getbig IV

« Reply #7552 on: July 19, 2015, 10:49:15 AM »

Not training related, but...

My friend just bought a Sabaru Outback.  Any Subaru has 4 wheel drive, a great advantage in all types of weather and on narrow mountain roads. Put a surf/bike rack on top and he's ready to go.  The Forester  is a bit smaller, but same value. Any Subaru would be just about right for The Peoples Republic of Oregon and Washington. KIA, Hyundai and Fiat very good value, around here also. Toyota, Honda and VW......way over priced. Like your buying the name, along with the car.

Might try Edmunds.com if wanting to check out any car. Even a used one, but with Subaru the prices don't seem to drop that much from a brand new one. In SoCal, if searching around, might be surprise what good stuff  there is under $30,000.

I drive a Ford F150, perfect for me. A bumper winch, 4 ft jack and porta power I can go just about anywhere.  Fro the mountains, desert and ocean...and all close at hand.

Good Luck

F
chaos
Getbig V

« Reply #7553 on: July 19, 2015, 11:10:31 AM »

Subaru is the signature car in the Pacific N.W. You see them everywhere. I call them Subarude because the drivers of them drive like they own the road. If I get one, I'll have to practice driving like that.  Cheesy
My brother and his wife have had about a dozen of them, all different models. Been through snow, rain and deserts with his family and no issues.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #7554 on: July 19, 2015, 03:46:07 PM »

My brother and his wife have had about a dozen of them, all different models. Been through snow, rain and deserts with his family and no issues.

We get lots of rain and not much snow. When we do have snow, the street in front of my home is closed because I live on a steep and curvy road. Lots of cars end up off the road or crashing into each other. I've heard that on top of having a wrecked auto, they also get a fairly expensive ticket for violating the sign. I've seen plenty of Subarus making it up the hill with no problem. AWD would be great for those couple of days we have snow.
The Scott
Getbig IV

Give us this day, our daily oyster...

« Reply #7555 on: July 19, 2015, 04:53:35 PM »

Subaru is the signature car in the Pacific N.W. You see them everywhere. I call them Subarude because the drivers of them drive like they own the road. If I get one, I'll have to practice driving like that.  Cheesy

LOL!  "Subarude"...My brother lives in Oregon and calls them Dykemobiles as he said they are the choice of flannel clad butches up there.  Grin

Great cars and I wouldn't mind owning one some day.

As for training?  I am but cannot go as hard or heavy as I would like. Dammit.   Grin
chaos
Getbig V

« Reply #7556 on: July 19, 2015, 05:29:11 PM »

We get lots of rain and not much snow. When we do have snow, the street in front of my home is closed because I live on a steep and curvy road. Lots of cars end up off the road or crashing into each other. I've heard that on top of having a wrecked auto, they also get a fairly expensive ticket for violating the sign. I've seen plenty of Subarus making it up the hill with no problem. AWD would be great for those couple of days we have snow.
Not to mention they are fun to drive.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
wes
Competitors
Getbig V

The Power Cosmic

« Reply #7557 on: July 21, 2015, 01:27:06 PM »

When I am once again worthy,I will dominate this damn thread.   Embarrassed 

Wink
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #7558 on: July 21, 2015, 01:41:53 PM »

When I am once again worthy,I will dominate this damn thread.   Embarrassed  

Wink

Why are you not worthy and why would you want to dominate this thread?
chaos
Getbig V

« Reply #7559 on: July 24, 2015, 06:30:06 PM »

When I am once again worthy,I will dominate this damn thread.   Embarrassed 

Wink
What a coincidence, many of the guys in this thread enjoy being dominated.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #7560 on: July 24, 2015, 10:39:59 PM »

What a coincidence, many of the guys in this thread enjoy being dominated.

Too funny. Never thought about being dominated. I am a control freak. I suspect this means I have to be the dominator. Sometimes it might be interesting to let go of this and let someone else take all the responsibility....nah, can't do it.
chaos
Getbig V

« Reply #7561 on: July 25, 2015, 04:55:31 PM »

Too funny. Never thought about being dominated. I am a control freak. I suspect this means I have to be the dominator. Sometimes it might be interesting to let go of this and let someone else take all the responsibility....nah, can't do it.
Does your broom closet hide leather masks, handcuffs and various whips?

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
IroNat
Getbig I

« Reply #7562 on: July 27, 2015, 05:11:23 AM »

I don't post much.

Own two Subaru Outbacks.

57 - Training since 16 with a few gaps, train at home with freeweights.  No drugs.

Train 3 times a week, whole body.  Superset 2 exercises together as I go.

Typical workout...

Bench press sets of 3 reps up to 10 sets

Hacksquat or deadlift, Jefferson lift or variation, 3 reps sets, 5 to 10 sets

Power cleans 5 sets of 3 reps

Leg curls 3 sets of 12 reps

Press behind neck 4 sets of 6

Pullups or chinups 5 sets of 5 with added weight

Calf raise - superset 3 sets of 45 to 60 seconds alternating toe position with bodyweight

A couple planks
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #7563 on: July 27, 2015, 07:47:03 PM »

Does your broom closet hide leather masks, handcuffs and various whips?

How'd you know?  Come on over and I will give you a personalized demonstration.  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!