Author Topic: Nicole Bass Broke/Nicole Bass to return to competition MERGED  (Read 19172 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Nicole Bass Broke/Nicole Bass to return to competition MERGED
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2007, 07:06:42 PM »
Is it right to judge someone if they use drugs.

I've personally never judged anyone, whether they used AAS or recreational drugs.

Taking drugs is cheating in sports. Not to mention aas makes women look like dudes if taken over long periods of time. It is not about judging people, it's about drugs ruining the "sport".
E

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2007, 07:07:59 PM »
I don't care about mens BBing. Like I watch a bunch of half naked dudes on stage. ::) Womens BBing is something I would watch if they started to resemble women again. Btw, you mentioned respect. How do you propose they earn it?

The women who compete and are successful should earn respect for just that.  Men's and women's BB should be equal on that level.

Just remember there are freaks and extremes in every sport and every walk of life.  I really don't think it's a matter of drug testing as much as it is up to the judges to consistently reward the more feminine physiques over time.  That's what will change the overall look and perception of FBB, and that will also change the degree and nature of drug use in the "sport."

:)

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2007, 07:31:27 PM »
then you don't know anything about FBB.

I agree, Danielson doesn't know anything about female bodybuilding.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2007, 09:35:28 PM »
It is really hard to have this type of discussion on here because about 20% of the posters on here are schmoes, where as in real life, maybe one out of 10,000 people are into the muscular, manly looking female. Most guys do not like their women to look like men and it shows in attendance to the shows. I often wonder how popular female bodybuilding would have become if the women had stayed looking like Rachel Mclish instead of Nicole Bass.

Yes...

It's not a matter of judging or personal taste, it's simply that it's one or the other, can't gear up like crazy and look masculine then want to be marketable...It simply comes down to business. For female BB's to get more sponsorships/magazine coverage/prize money/shows marketability is a major concern. If no one minds the shrinking shows, low prize money, almost non-existent magazine coverage nowadays and doesn't mind if it continues to decline - well juice on.

You are wrong if you consider Nicole Bass to be a fair representation of modern day FBB anyway.  She's the extreme in an already extreme "sport"...she's the second largest FBB pretty much ever I think.  She doesn't care about promoting or improving FBB....she's a character and she always has been, and that's where she makes her money.  If you think her look represents the current state of FBB right now, then you don't know anything about FBB.

Agree completely, and that's the thing. While no offence meant to Nicole, because she has been 'out there' I know people who *do* think she represents female bodybuilding, hence why I really do feel she is a total marketing nightmare for female bb in general.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2007, 04:29:00 AM »
See I have a problem with all this talk about someone should look more like this or that.  Like there should be some standard or clone that everyone should look like, to be "marketable"  Marketable to what?  Like there is a huge group of people out there saying "if those women just looked a little more like Barbie I would start going to the shows and watching it on TV"  If someone wants to model and that is their goal than yeah that bikini look is what sells.

But I find it funny that in a sport where you should have the freedom to express yourself how ever you see fit you get ridiculed for doing it.  Or told you should look more like "this"  Everyone who does BB represents it and they are all different, thats what makes it cool IMO.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 04:54:41 AM »
See I have a problem with all this talk about someone should look more like this or that.  Like there should be some standard or clone that everyone should look like, to be "marketable"  Marketable to what?  Like there is a huge group of people out there saying "if those women just looked a little more like Barbie I would start going to the shows and watching it on TV"  If someone wants to model and that is their goal than yeah that bikini look is what sells.

But I find it funny that in a sport where you should have the freedom to express yourself how ever you see fit you get ridiculed for doing it.  Or told you should look more like "this"  Everyone who does BB represents it and they are all different, thats what makes it cool IMO.

Luv, I luv your perspective!   :-*

I agree with you in that I don't think that most FBBs are in it for the money or to be "marketable"...I think they are in it for some of the reasons you mentioned, including the love of the "sport," the mental and physical challenges, and the ability to express themselves uniquely.

I personally prefer a more feminine "package" on a FBB, but it is a subjective sport, and I think it's up to the judges to influence the direction of the sport.  Either way, FBBs will always look "different" and will never be considered overly "marketable" in mainstream society...but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  That's bodybuilding.   8)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2007, 04:56:23 AM »

I respect your opinion. I should have just stated that my opinion was that women BBers should not use hormones and leave it at that. Whether or not it would make the sport grow or become more respectable is just speculation. For the record, I am not talking about any of the girls who I have seen post on here(sans Buffgoddess), I am referring mainly to the huge women whose images are posted here once in a while. I just prefer a less masculine physique and it is my guess that most men do as well. But that is only one white mans opinion.  :)
E

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2007, 11:34:07 AM »
I heard this too lol.

I actually heard that she was going to make her comeback at the Europa this year, but that didn't happen.  I'm not sure what show she may be planning on doing.  I believe her last show was the Ms. Olympia 1997?

Didn't she have some recent health problems or something along those lines? She definately was huge. I wonder how she would fair against the Iris Kyle's and the Yaxani's of the world.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 02:08:02 PM »

Luv, I luv your perspective!   :-*

I agree with you in that I don't think that most FBBs are in it for the money or to be "marketable"...I think they are in it for some of the reasons you mentioned, including the love of the "sport," the mental and physical challenges, and the ability to express themselves uniquely.

I personally prefer a more feminine "package" on a FBB, but it is a subjective sport, and I think it's up to the judges to influence the direction of the sport.  Either way, FBBs will always look "different" and will never be considered overly "marketable" in mainstream society...but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  That's bodybuilding.   8)

Right back at ya, rip baby  :)

I respect your opinion. I should have just stated that my opinion was that women BBers should not use hormones and leave it at that. Whether or not it would make the sport grow or become more respectable is just speculation. For the record, I am not talking about any of the girls who I have seen post on here(sans Buffgoddess), I am referring mainly to the huge women whose images are posted here once in a while. I just prefer a less masculine physique and it is my guess that most men do as well. But that is only one white mans opinion.  :)

I respect your opinion danielson too  :)  As they say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Personally I think all kinds of looks can be attractive for woman.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 08:13:22 PM »
Alright heres a pic of a pretty big FBB who I think looks good.  Its nuts but I think she is a light weight!

Nice form on the DB curls  ;D

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2007, 03:54:51 AM »
Alright heres a pic of a pretty big FBB who I think looks good.  Its nuts but I think she is a light weight!

Nice form on the DB curls  ;D

Denise is pretty hot.

LOVE the leotard!  That's how I usually train too.   :D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2007, 04:35:36 AM »

Denise is pretty hot.

LOL,  :)  That is a cool "outfit"  I could see you in that rip baby...... I mean could I......... ;D

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2007, 09:45:59 AM »

Denise is pretty hot.

Yes, I always train my arms in a pair of 5 inch platform heels!  That way, I can get a little extra calf work in!   ;D

I personally prefer the more feminine type of female bodybuilders to, but what's feminine to my taste, can be to much for anyone else.

Some of the bigger female bodybuilders I appreciate as well.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2007, 11:45:33 AM »
A few weeks ago, former WWE performer Nicole Bass called into Howard Stern's show begging him to give her $900 to keep her husband, Robert Fuchs, from going to jail. Stern initially refused because if he gave her money, then "a million other wackos" would call in with sob stories begging him for money. Stern's stylist contributed $300, and another caller pledged $300 to Bass. Stern gave in and ponied up the final $300 and last Tuesday, Bass took care of her husband's jail problem. Later on, Stern said that Bass told him she was determined to start a new life. Stern said that he got her a job as a personal trainer last year, but quit. Stern said that she's now doing those 900-line phone chats with people.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2007, 12:04:12 PM »
Why was her husband going to go to jail??

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2007, 12:17:57 PM »
Nicole's problem is simple... she's not LIKEABLE.

She wrestled  briefly... sucked... She's not overly appealing in the face (and I don't care what you say, you can have any body you want to, but if you have a fucked up grill, you are just ugh!)

Tack that on to having no skillz aside from craptastic pr0n and you've got a financial disaster in the making.