Author Topic: For ShiftedShapes, The MOST MUSCULAR MYOSTATIN Dog!!! "Arnold" of the DOG WORLD!  (Read 7435 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.

Big Wendy the muscular whippet
Rare genetic mutation increases muscles, weight of sleek breed
Kim Westad, Times Colonist
Published: Monday, June 25, 2007
People mistake her for a pitbull with a pinhead, but Wendy the whippet is one rare breed.

So rare that the Central Saanich dog recently graced the New York Times. She also had several of her photos shown on The Today Show, all because of a rare genetic mutation that has led to her being the Incredible Hulk of dogs.

Wendy is a 27-kilogram rippling mass of muscle. Forget the so-called six-pack stomach: Wendy has a 24-pack. And the muscles around her neck are so thick, they look like a lion's ruff.

Wendy the Whippet has a genetic disorder that has resulted in an exceptionally muscular appearance.
Bruce Stotesbury, Times Colonist

"People have referred to her as Arnold Schwarzenegger," says doting owner Ingrid Hansen, stroking Wendy's sleek black coat and white chest.

Wendy was recently part of a genetics study done in the U.S. on mutation in the myostatin gene in whippets, which resemble greyhounds in appearance. The National Institute of Health study reported that whippets with one single defective copy of the gene have increased muscle mass that can enhance racing performance in the breed, known for speeds up to 60 kilometres an hour.

But whippets with two mutated copies of the gene become "double-muscled," like Wendy. It has been seen before in one human, and also in mice, cattle and sheep, says the study.

The uber-muscled whippets are called "bullies," not because of their nature -- Wendy likes nothing better than a good back scratch and isn't shy about sitting in your lap to ask for one -- but because of their size. She's about twice the weight of an average whippet, but with the same height and small narrow head -- and the same size heart and lungs, which means she probably won't live as long as normal whippets.

Hansen has had Wendy, now four, since she bought the dog from a Shawnigan Lake breeder when she was eight months old.

Wendy landed in clover. She lives on an acreage, runs around with other dogs and horses, sleeps on Hansen's bed and pretty much anywhere else she wants to.

People are often afraid when the muscle-bound dog runs up to them on her dainty whippet-thin legs, but they soon realize she's friendly, Hansen said.

© Times Colonist (Victoria) 2007

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
haha damn and i thaught my am. stafford was buff. this much muscle on that goofy ass head looks weird, that dog looks like a rat. hmmm only 27 kg, pure muscle, 1 % bodyfat, never saw veins on a dog.

ALL DRUGS

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Freaky!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
haha damn and i thaught my am. stafford was buff. this much muscle on that goofy ass head looks weird, that dog looks like a rat. hmmm only 27 kg, pure muscle, 1 % bodyfat, never saw veins on a dog.

ALL DRUGS
My dog has veins!

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
Must be all that Iron Cross training those dogs are doing.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Must be all that Iron Cross training those dogs are doing.
Darwin is very lean and muscular.  We train a few days a week together.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
My dog has veins!

Tell us some more about your veiny dog...it's so interesting...how veiny is it's prick?

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
My dog has veins!

you know that dog looks a lot like you.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
Dude is that real!!?? That is insane..WIsh they would find a way for us to block myostatin in our bodies..

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Dude is that real!!?? That is insane..WIsh they would find a way for us to block myostatin in our bodies..
IT is being worked on.  The hard thing is, is finding a limit that will agree with the respiratory system.  Too big and the heart will fail.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Here is a Normal Whippet compared to the genetic bully Whippet.

• Getbig III
Digg.
Ron Paul 2012

SAMSON123

• Getbig V

There is a way....you just viewed the results (muscular dog) of the way in which it is being done. Troubling point...TOO MUCH MUSCLE CAN BE FATAL. The blocked myostatin cause the heart, lungs, internal organs and all muscles to grow too large and since the heart can not function normally in this enlarged state it fails. All animals that have had this done to it soon die. You would do better taking some DBOL, TEST, DECA or something..

BTW I hope you don't believe this BULLSHIT that this dog just happened to be born without this gene??? This animal is another scientific experiment if ever there was...First mice, then rats, then cows, then dogs..oh yeah I forgot there was supposedly a German baby that was born without the gene...hmmmlemme see that was a couple of years ago...this should be one buffed kid and impossible to hide...where is he now???
C

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V

if that happens, the bodybuilding world would be dead. Then everybody can be big. Its much better like it is, if someone gets big its all his work. It would evn be better if there wasnt no drugs.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Breeding dogs to these ideals is wrong.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
There is a way....you just viewed the results (muscular dog) of the way in which it is being done. Troubling point...TOO MUCH MUSCLE CAN BE FATAL. The blocked myostatin cause the heart, lungs, internal organs and all muscles to grow too large and since the heart can not function normally in this enlarged state it fails. All animals that have had this done to it soon die. You would do better taking some DBOL, TEST, DECA or something..

BTW I hope you don't believe this BULLSHIT that this dog just happened to be born without this gene??? This animal is another scientific experiment if ever there was...First mice, then rats, then cows, then dogs..oh yeah I forgot there was supposedly a German baby that was born without the gene...hmmmlemme see that was a couple of years ago...this should be one buffed kid and impossible to hide...where is he now???
The German Kid is normal now and shows NO signs of any difference of a normal child his age.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
if that happens, the bodybuilding world would be dead. Then everybody can be big. Its much better like it is, if someone gets big its all his work. It would evn be better if there wasnt no drugs.

every human can run does that mean they shouldn't have marathons? You're thick as a brick and about 1/2 as interesting
$

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
The dog at the top looks better than most of the Ms. Olympia contestants.

rockedupmotha

• Getbig II
i gotta get me one of those
El Borracho Blake

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
i gotta get me one of those

great physique in the avatar.

warchild

• Getbig III
My dog has veins!

Your dog is a skinny mongrel, same as you   :D

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV

Wow what a magnificent animal.  I can only imagine how explosive she would be in a short sprint.

She looks much better proportioned in this pic then in some of the other ones I have seen of her. 

Imagine breeding this phenotype into a Japanese Akita, or a Golden Retriever, or.....a Grey Hound, now that would be a site to behold.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
My dog has veins!

Your dog look's like the crack head version of the 1st dog!

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
The German Kid is normal now and shows NO signs of any difference of a normal child his age.

Including muscle huh?  I'd be interested in a link if you have one.  I'd also love to know how the Wyeth study on MYO-29 turned out.  They finished it a year ago and haven't released findings yet.  Drug development is sooooo slow, thank god The Singularity is Near.

The Belgian blues, and the mighty mice don't have shorter lifespans do they?  I'm curious as to why you and the authors of this article predict respiratory trouble for Wendy, is there data suggesting that it is a likely outcome?