Author Topic: HOW MANY OF YOU THINK RONNIE WILL RECLAIM HIS TITLE? +POLL ADDED  (Read 4360 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: HOW MANY OF YOU THINK RONNIE WILL RECLAIM HIS TITLE?
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2007, 09:04:32 PM »
here's the thing...

If ronnie is dry as he can be, he's going to look just absolutely shredded next to Jay. 
Jay is a great bodybuilder - but he just can't get freaky and veiny like Ronnie.

So the judges have to give it to the safe winner (Jay) and diss a flawed Ronnie with way better conditioning.

Or they give it to a flawed Ronnie (lat/tri- which shots will improve, mind you), and diss the safe polite champ Jay.

Honestly, i can't pick... but I think it'll be Jay if I had to bet the rent check.

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2007, 09:42:12 PM »
here's the thing...

If ronnie is dry as he can be, he's going to look just absolutely shredded next to Jay. 
Jay is a great bodybuilder - but he just can't get freaky and veiny like Ronnie.

So the judges have to give it to the safe winner (Jay) and diss a flawed Ronnie with way better conditioning.

Or they give it to a flawed Ronnie (lat/tri- which shots will improve, mind you), and diss the safe polite champ Jay.

Honestly, i can't pick... but I think it'll be Jay if I had to bet the rent check.

240... let's be serious... Jay is far from being "safe and polite".
He has flaws and unbalances as well. One leg is half the other, one bicep is one third of the other, signs of oil usage in many parts...
And let's not forget that Ronnie's left arm is still better than both Jay's arms. Dorian had way worse injuries and still managed to win.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2007, 09:45:28 PM »
You guys are arguing the wrong point  (who is better)....  it doesn't matter who is actually better, the winner is chosen based on what's best for the IFBB.

There are two schools of thought on this for the 2007 O:

1) Give Ronnie the win and then force him to retire, creating all sorts of excitment for a wide-open 2008 O.  (Not to mention the crowning of a 9-time all-time great for their record books).

-or-

2) Give it to Jay since from a marketing perspective he better represents bodybuilding (polite, reasonably intelligent, white) to the supplement-buying masses.

If I had to guess, they'll go with #1, but I wouldn't bet the ranch on it. Ronnie might refuse to agree to retire after the win, in which case it will be Jay. Hell, they may come out of left field and give it to Victor to really shake things up, but I think that's a longshot at best since it really wouldn't make '08 any more exciting that going w Ronnie.

HEY TEXASBUBBA! I'm sure you're still lurking...  has Jim given you the word yet on who you guys are supposed to pick in the '07 O?   ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Get busy Living, or get busy Dying!!
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2007, 09:58:02 PM »
YES, In Shape!!!

TheDoctor

• Getbig III
  • I am Fat and Bulking,Im sensitive about my weight.
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2007, 10:30:03 PM »
You guys are arguing the wrong point  (who is better)....  it doesn't matter who is actually better, the winner is chosen based on what's best for the IFBB.

There are two schools of thought on this for the 2007 O:

1) Give Ronnie the win and then force him to retire, creating all sorts of excitment for a wide-open 2008 O.  (Not to mention the crowning of a 9-time all-time great for their record books).

-or-

2) Give it to Jay since from a marketing perspective he better represents bodybuilding (polite, reasonably intelligent, white) to the supplement-buying masses.

If I had to guess, they'll go with #1, but I wouldn't bet the ranch on it. Ronnie might refuse to agree to retire after the win, in which case it will be Jay. Hell, they may come out of left field and give it to Victor to really shake things up, but I think that's a longshot at best since it really wouldn't make '08 any more exciting that going w Ronnie.

HEY TEXASBUBBA! I'm sure you're still lurking...  has Jim given you the word yet on who you guys are supposed to pick in the '07 O?   ;D
Ronnie winning NO.Goatboy i choose num ???ber 2, same with Arnold and Sergio
Goal to lift Heavy

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2007, 12:02:16 AM »
true. dorian's left arm was far more glaring than any of ronnie's current injuries.

dorian's biceps were never his strong point.

it be the same thing if ronnie tore his calf and it was ever more non existent than they already are.

ronnie ruined his two best bodyparts his arms and his back - and his back is the only thing that stood between cutler winning the past 2 years.

also, yates was always the best conditioned guy in the show (save 94) where as ronnie never was - esp. in 06 with his injuries.

even an extremem guy, like yourself, should see the difference. 

key word:  should

R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2007, 12:12:25 AM »
ronnie has already won

AVBG

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2007, 12:55:14 AM »
It's great to remember 12 months ago everyone was saying (except the Jay faithfull) that Ronnie had the 06 Olympia.. Now the majority are convinced that Jay is going to repeat.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2007, 12:58:09 AM »
dont think so. he's not what he used to be. even loses to Jay on what used to be his stronest poses.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2007, 01:16:26 AM »
You cant win with one lat.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2007, 01:19:20 AM »
TEAM COLEMAN!!!
Z

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2007, 02:01:18 AM »
Dorian won with a torn bicep and was in terrible condition.. This time ronnies condition was a bit off he was holding a layer of water so the judges finally gave it to Jay.   They did not punish ronnie due to his lat injury, his lat are not that bad, and he has improved on them alot judging from recent pics.. Now even if we go back to  ronnies 2005 condition, he will beat Jay!

Flat midsection! :o

Bring in it back Big Ron!

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2007, 05:28:37 AM »
coleman is the man...
amazing ..in those pics
choice is an illusion

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2007, 06:28:09 AM »
the brand loses value if ronnie is selected.  there's plenty of time for focus groups/marketing to evaluate the data.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2007, 06:35:15 AM »
MattT...

I appreciate your enthusiasm for Ronnie Coleman, but get your head outta your ass. Jay has it - again.

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2007, 07:17:24 AM »
make a POLL so we can vote
TEAM WOLF

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2007, 07:18:55 AM »
Jay winning last year generates a lot more interest, as proven here. Jay doesn't have to be better than Coleman to win again, since that's the direction they now want to go. He can be close or even slightly behind and still win.

Letting Coleman win probably means he comes back for the next few years, which they don't want & i don't want to see. Apparently he's unwilling to go gracefully. He'd have to be noticably better than Jay to justify giving it back to him, which is unlikely at this age.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: HOW MANY OF YOU THINK RONNIE WILL RECLAIM HIS TITLE? +POLL ADDED
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2007, 08:35:28 AM »
I don't think anyone comes close to Ronnies size for one.

Secondly if Ronnie gets his conditioning like he had in previous years, along with the density which he always has, and striations he is unmatched!

But now Vic is also a solid contender from winning this past Arnold classic and getting himself some real good publicity even outside of bodybuilding.

VOTE!

http://snappoll.com/poll/205260.php
just push some weight!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2007, 08:43:59 AM »
He needs to fix the gyno asap
Here comes the money shot

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2007, 09:09:41 AM »
He needs to fix the gyno asap

You would be speaking for EVERY pro.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2007, 10:02:44 AM »
i'm hoping he's already fixed the gyno, but the ifbb have the very unenviable task of attracting more mainstream fans.

sorry, but jay ain't cutting it. he's as boring as bat shit.

vic has the right persona and look, but unless he comes in the shape of his life he's going to look very non freaky standing next to ronnie.

if ronnie is half the competitor he was he realises that he NEEDS to come in absolutely shredded first and foremost, even at the expense of a little size. he has far more size than jay so he just doesn't need to play the size game.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2007, 10:17:25 AM »
I STAND TO MY MAN...

RONNIE ALL THE WAY....

Oh and I'm counting all you people who now put him down, wait until he wins half of you gonna suck his balls for free than telling everybody how you were always sure he will win and so forth...::)

Not to worry I have you number and I will call each and every one of you girls out.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2007, 10:49:51 AM »
I STAND TO MY MAN...AND THEN BEND OVER AND ALLOW

RONNIE ALL THE WAY....UP MY ASS

umm, too much information there Stark. :-X

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2007, 04:24:05 PM »
omg check out Ronnies gut  :-X

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2007, 04:28:57 PM »
omg check out Ronnies gut  :-X

big deal..

walk into any mc donalds and you could find worse.
Here comes the money shot