Author Topic: Training for detail / shape...does it exist?  (Read 2696 times)

The Coach

Re: Training for detail / shape...does it exist?
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2007, 03:05:59 PM »
Just they are smaller than those monsters of now a day. Thats why they looked refined.So Its matter of size.

For example,look at Branch Warren of amateur NPC version. He was more refined than now.

Exactly, today they sacrifice conditioning for size!

The Coach

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2007, 03:15:03 PM »
another myth.

what a pile of steaming shit. why do i get the felling that this comment is a tad self serving.

if anyone from 20 years ago competed on stage today they would pale significantly by comparison.

imagine ronnie and gaspari in a posedown. they'd be carrying gaspari off in a stretcher from shock.

Why is it self serving?

1. Ronnie has ruined his physique, he was better when he was smaller and better conditioned. 2. The judging is one of the main reason's why bodybuilding has been ruined, so the bigger man would win no matter what. 3. Ronnie couldn't compare to Gaspari's conditioning. 3. Ronnie is one in a million, but there has been at least 2-3 times where he got a gift.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2007, 04:27:27 PM »
One thing about Ronnie that is interesting is that he used to have striations in his quads when he was lighter. Now that he is heavier and his legs are even bigger, he doesn't really have any striations, and this is with similar conditioning.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2007, 04:49:11 PM »
you cant change the shape of a muscle, only make it bigger.

dieting/ cutting is detail training.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2007, 04:51:59 PM »
Heavy sets add detail granted you aren't a fatass..

That's why I laugh at people who are in the gym and say silly shit like "I don't wanna be big, but ripped!" These same clowns look the same day in and day out.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2007, 04:53:45 PM »
no

separation and detail are controlled by how lean you are.
Good post topic.  And I agree, detail is dictated by diet/leaness, not the number of reps you're pumping out.  You will hit different muscle fibers through higher repetitions, but your cuts come from cardio/diet.
N

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2007, 04:57:04 PM »
detail? no. shape? absolutely.

you can't change the look of a given muscle, but you sure as hell can change the shape of your physique by putting focus on certain muscle groups. if you think you look sloped you can focus on training your side delts to round them out, thus changing the "shape" of your upper body.

moreover, different training protocols yield different manners of growth. doing a lot of heavy singles probably won't make you much bigger but up the reps and you'll start to get larger. so you can train heavy bench until you hit 400, but you may not like how it looks. so you lower the weight, do more reps and incorporate more incline work and suddenly you appear to have a totally different shape.

logic, really.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2007, 04:57:21 PM »
Good post topic.  And I agree, detail is dictated by diet/leaness, not the number of reps you're pumping out.  You will hit different muscle fibers through higher repetitions, but your cuts come from cardio/diet.

Someone tell this to fat fucks doing 500 crunches and dumbell laterals thinking they'll get "ripped"  ::)

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2007, 05:09:14 PM »
detail? no. shape? absolutely.

you can't change the look of a given muscle, but you sure as hell can change the shape of your physique by putting focus on certain muscle groups. if you think you look sloped you can focus on training your side delts to round them out, thus changing the "shape" of your upper body.

moreover, different training protocols yield different manners of growth. doing a lot of heavy singles probably won't make you much bigger but up the reps and you'll start to get larger. so you can train heavy bench until you hit 400, but you may not like how it looks. so you lower the weight, do more reps and incorporate more incline work and suddenly you appear to have a totally different shape.

logic, really.
I am talking about changing the shape of an individual muscle group.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2007, 10:12:53 AM »
I am talking about changing the shape of an individual muscle group.

no way, no how. it's never been done, unless we're talking tweaking the shape via inflamation/oil/surgery or some means whereby on part of a muscle's length is altered.

compare peak sergio's, arnold's and al beckles right biceps.

all are fully developed (or near), but each have a completely different shape. sergio's is long and flat, beckles is short and very peaked and arnold's is full and peaked.

all 3 of these guys trained in a very similar fashion ie same type of exercises.

actually, on this note, the best example would be to compare franco and arnold.

now, bearing in mind that these guys were training partners for a very long time and trained in exactly the same way, arnold had full, peaked and long bis whereas franco had very short and not so peaked bis.

arnold did exactly the same workout for both of his bis, yet one (right) was far more peaked than the other. great example because two differently shaped bis exist on the same body.