Author Topic: Lifting thread  (Read 15341 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Lifting thread
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2007, 10:46:35 AM »
I can't stand that shit.....it was same when I was in school.   Atmosphere in the gym was great, but the number of peons trying to rep 135lbs everytime they walked in the door was sickening.  There's something about men, a bench and the need to put at least one 45 per side on that bar whether they can lift it or not.

hahaha, last Friday I was in there and was using the shoulder press rack across from the power racks. Kid was benching with a 25 and 5 on each side and dropped it on his chest. I thought he was going to get it up so I sat there watching him for like 20 seconds. Then when I saw no one else was helping him, I walked over and helped him out. I then proceeded to curl it for a set of 58 while he looked on in disbelief. Everything but the last sentence is true. Was pretty funny. I've dropped weights on myself before without a spot but I thought weights that low were reserved for titties like Noc.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2007, 10:51:42 AM »
hahaha, last Friday I was in there and was using the shoulder press rack across from the power racks. Kid was benching with a 25 and 5 on each side and dropped it on his chest. I thought he was going to get it up so I sat there watching him for like 20 seconds. Then when I saw no one else was helping him, I walked over and helped him out. I then proceeded to curl it for a set of 58 while he looked on in disbelief. Everything but the last sentence is true. Was pretty funny. I've dropped weights on myself before without a spot but I thought weights that low were reserved for titties like Noc.

The worst is when I got trapped in a leg press.   Was doing toe presses for calves on a leg press and didn't have but maybe 500-600 lbs on it.   Normally I just leave the sled locked and use the upper half of the range of movement for calf work.   Well that fvckin night I unlocked the sled for some reason and when I got finished with my set for calves I let it come down quickly to rest on what I lock was a locked sled....eh heh.   Had to call 3 friends to bail me out like a dumbass.....I've never forgotten since.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2007, 10:53:37 AM »
The worst is when I got trapped in a leg press.   Was doing toe presses for calves on a leg press and didn't have but maybe 500-600 lbs on it.   Normally I just leave the sled locked and use the upper half of the range of movement for calf work.   Well that fvckin night I unlocked the sled for some reason and when I got finished with my set for calves I let it come down quickly to rest on what I lock was a locked sled....eh heh.   Had to call 3 friends to bail me out like a dumbass.....I've never forgotten since.

hahahahaha! I've done something like that, but it was with regular leg presses and I was doing a set of 20. Got to like the 18th rep and my legs just gave out. Got it down slow but had to have my lifting buddy help me push it back up.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2007, 10:57:24 AM »
hahahahaha! I've done something like that, but it was with regular leg presses and I was doing a set of 20. Got to like the 18th rep and my legs just gave out. Got it down slow but had to have my lifting buddy help me push it back up.

I've done something similar while training legs on the leg press.   I had about 900lbs loaded and I cinched my belt real tight (LOL and don't gimme that "why you got a belt on on the leg press"), got to the 8th rep and then everything went black across my eyes for a second like I had blacked out....it's happened a couple other times.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2007, 11:01:21 AM »
I've done something similar while training legs on the leg press.   I had about 900lbs loaded and I cinched my belt real tight (LOL and don't gimme that "why you got a belt on on the leg press"), got to the 8th rep and then everything went black across my eyes for a second like I had blacked out....it's happened a couple other times.

hahahaha! I see stars sometimes when I get off of it. Great feeling getting up all wobbly and light headed.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: September 24, 2007, 11:04:33 AM »
hahahaha! I see stars sometimes when I get off of it. Great feeling getting up all wobbly and light headed.

There's nothing like that feeling of destroying your legs and then limping outta the gym and trying to drive home.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #131 on: September 24, 2007, 11:05:07 AM »
Hahaha,my gym is called Go Fitness but the few of white guys left call it goya fitness because its filled with beaners now >:(
Hell,if you can squat or bench 315lbs 80% of the gym stops to watch you lift ::)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: September 24, 2007, 11:11:29 AM »
Hahaha,my gym is called Go Fitness but the few of white guys left call it goya fitness because its filled with beaners now >:(
Hell,if you can squat or bench 315lbs 80% of the gym stops to watch you lift ::)

Yeah, I've trained in many a gym....several like that, but that atmosphere does nothing for me.   I gotta be in place where I'm not the biggest or strongest....it motivates me to train around more advanced lifters/competitors.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2007, 11:30:37 AM »
The funniest thing in my gym was last week when this big-ol juicer dude was watching me and my partner do legs.when we were finished he came up and said"man you guys really push legs hard.I wish I could squat but I can't get my arms behind my neck to hold the bar ::)"my buddy all straight faced said"why don't you just do front squats"

now don't get me wrong he has a strong as hell upper body but he looks like an
upside down weeble wobble ;D

I mean come on Ronnie squats and this dude is to big to reach his arms behind his neck to hold the bar ::)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2007, 11:36:20 AM »
The funniest thing in my gym was last week when this big-ol juicer dude was watching me and my partner do legs.when we were finished he came up and said"man you guys really push legs hard.I wish I could squat but I can't get my arms behind my neck to hold the bar ::)"my buddy all straight faced said"why don't you just do front squats"

now don't get me wrong he has a strong as hell upper body but he looks like an
upside down weeble wobble ;D

I mean come on Ronnie squats and this dude is to big to reach his arms behind his neck to hold the bar ::)

"I can't get my arms behind my neck" AHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!   Everyone's got an excuse to avoid legs. 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #135 on: October 04, 2007, 09:55:36 AM »
Solid few weeks of lifting.sticking to the old school basics,squats,dead lifts,flat bench press,and so on.been going 5 day a week,mon-fri.
not this friday,happy hour starts at 5 with the Yankee game ;D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #136 on: October 04, 2007, 10:16:39 AM »
Solid few weeks of lifting.sticking to the old school basics,squats,dead lifts,flat bench press,and so on.been going 5 day a week,mon-fri.
not this friday,happy hour starts at 5 with the Yankee game ;D

Who's on the mound for the Yanks?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #137 on: October 04, 2007, 10:18:50 AM »
Who's on the mound for the Yanks?

Wang tonight followed by Pettite on fri.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #138 on: October 04, 2007, 10:27:37 AM »

Wang tonight followed by Pettite on fri.

Cool

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #139 on: October 05, 2007, 08:18:28 AM »
Hahaha,so I'm at the gym yesterday and there's this 5ft5,150lb skinny/fat illegal immigrant working out.guy's in his required wife beater and gold cross around his neck.he must of done 3 different exercises for his forearms,meanwhile this clown has about 9in arms with no definition at all.he say's to me and my partner"gotta build up the forearms".my bud looks at him all serious and says"yup thats all your arms are missing" ;D