Author Topic: Mark Dugdale: Christian response re getting big  (Read 25638 times)

genrommel74

• Getbig III
Re: Mark Dugdale: Christian response re getting big
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2007, 09:21:00 AM »
you believe in the tooth fairy too, right?

LOL. Of course doesnt everybody

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2007, 10:37:58 AM »
Ir you are an orthodox, fundamentalist anything. There is now way you can justify the use of steroids. All the religions say that sorcery is a sin. That is using a drug other than its meical purpose. RON, just because they were legal at one time and are not legal now makes no difference.

genrommel74 , If you choose to do steroids and still be religious great, you can still preach to anyone you want too. BUT be sure to tell them you are a moderate and that you derive you morality from more than one source, one of them religion, but the other from your own intellect. And that they are free to do the same.

But if you ever preach that the Bible is the literal written word from GOD, and that you do steroids, then you are fucked. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

body88

« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2007, 10:41:57 AM »
Ir you are an orthodox, fundamentalist anything. There is now way you can justify the use of steroids. All the religions say that sorcery is a sin. That is using a drug other than its meical purpose. RON, just because they were legal at one time and are not legal now makes no difference.

genrommel74 , If you choose to do steroids and still be religious great, you can still preach to anyone you want too. BUT be sure to tell them you are a moderate and that you derive you morality from more than one source, one of them religion, but the other from your own intellect. And that they are free to do the same.

But if you ever preach that the Bible is the literal written word from GOD, and that you do steroids, then you are fucked. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Pwned!!!!   

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2007, 10:56:28 AM »

I do believe the bible to be the literal word of god, as far as it is translated correctly. The bible has been translated so many times that it has been changed for its original intent in some respects. I am a mormon so i also have the book of mormon to compliment the bible. So i do take my morality from more than one source

I have asked my bishop if taking steroids was okay and he said that as long as i am doing legally and not abusing them then i am ok. So in this case i can have my cake and eat it

body88

« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2007, 11:03:58 AM »
I do believe the bible to be the literal word of god, as far as it is translated correctly. The bible has been translated so many times that it has been changed for its original intent in some respects. I am a mormon so i also have the book of mormon to compliment the bible. So i do take my morality from more than one source

I have asked my bishop if taking steroids was okay and he said that as long as i am doing legally and not abusing them then i am ok. So in this case i can have my cake and eat it

You use steroids to further your bb gains. You have a prescription for a illegal drug. What if your doc is the type of guy who prescribes things to people who dont really need them? You are using red tape and technicalities to justify your sin. What is the medical reason you must use steriods? I guess if you have to take steriods to treat some kind of medical issue that is fine. If not you are abusing them.

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2007, 11:09:00 AM »
You use steroids to further your bb gains. You have a prescription for a illegal drug. What if your doc is the type of guy who prescribes things to people who dont really need them? You are using red tape and technicalities to justify your sin. What is the medical reason you must use steriods? I guess if you have to take steriods to treat some kind of medical issue that is fine. If not you are abusing them.

I have low test levels. And i have document prove to support my low test levels. But yes i do take them to further my bb goals.

body88

« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2007, 11:12:36 AM »
I have low test levels. And i have document prove to support my low test levels. But yes i do take them to further my bb goals.

Are the test levels low due to genetics or previous use? If they are low naturally and you use to get your test up to a normal level that is understandable. I agree, you are not a hypocrite if you are using the recommended amount to have normal test levels. If that is the case I take back what I said above about the "red tape" and "technicalities".

However no pro is using recommend amounts of juice to have "normal" test. To be honest I have no problem with people who use. The preaching while sinning thing SOME partake in gets under my skin.

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2007, 11:26:23 AM »
Are the test levels low due to genetics or previous use? If they are low naturally and you use to get your test up to a normal level that is understandable. I agree, you are not a hypocrite if you are using the recommended amount to have normal test levels. If that is the case I take back what I said above about the "red tape" and "technicalities".

However no pro is using recommend amounts of juice to have "normal" test. To be honest I have no problem with people who use. The preaching while sinning thing SOME partake in gets under my skin.

My levels are low geneticly, but i take more than the recommended dose, but i dont take anywhere near what a pro takes

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2007, 11:33:23 AM »

replacement therapy is 100 mg/week.  if you're really tall, your doctor might be able to justify 200 mg/week.   anything more than could get your doctor in trouble.   allowing your doctor to break the rules for your non-medical benefit could be considered a not very moral thing to do.

3girlsmom is considered a hypocrite by many because she is constantly criticizing others for not following the rules of her christian faith as she sees them, but then claiming her actions aren't breaking the rules because the things she's breaking aren't really related to her christian faith.   The whole problem with organized religion is determining which rules are important and which rules are not.   You're bad because you are breaking those rules, but I'm ok because the rules I'm breaking aren't really important or don't really apply.

Here is a bible quote for you: Matthew 6:5-6

body88

« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2007, 11:38:08 AM »
My levels are low geneticly, but i take more than the recommended dose, but i dont take anywhere near what a pro takes

Then you are infact abusing steroids. That = sin. By your own words you said your bishop said taking steroids was ok as long as you did it legally. Abusing your prescribed dose to further your bb goals is not legal.

Red tape and technicalities may help you justify steriod abuse, but they will not work with your god. It is what it is.

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #135 on: July 12, 2007, 11:40:02 AM »
Two ex-Mr. Olympias (Ronnie & Lee Haney) are fundamentalist Christians who repeatedly integrated their faith into their contest wins.  Ronnie actually lectured the audience after one win, & told them to give Jesus a try.  Lee now runs camps for kids where he advocates not using steroids.  There's a lot of rationalizing going on here, especially since they (& other top IFBB BBs) have claimed that bodybuilding is an expression of God's will in their lives.  

What surprises me is that doctors can still get away with prescribing steroids to bodybuilders.  I understand you have to fill all steroid prescriptions out in triplicate & they're scrutinized heavily by more than one gov't agency.  

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2007, 11:56:32 AM »
Two ex-Mr. Olympias (Ronnie & Lee Haney) are fundamentalist Christians who repeatedly integrated their faith into their contest wins.

The old drug stuff is sticky, but Haney comes off as a legit, practicing God-fearer.

Coleman, though ... I'm sure he thinks so. There IS a difference.   

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Mark Dugdale
« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2007, 11:59:26 AM »
when did taking juice become a sin?

lying is a sin though... :)

so is conceit..vanity etc etc...

bodybuilder christian is an oxymoron
so is bodybuilder muslim (nasser..samir bannout etc etc)
just like bodybuilder cop <ronnie..quite literally the biggest hypocrite of em all>

i wont pick on shawanna in this thread least he throw a puss fit and del it..
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2007, 12:00:27 PM »
I'm sure somewhere while coked out and drunk, jebus came into's Dugdale's vision and told him that it was a okay!

i'm doing visions now?  >:(
carpe` vaginum!

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2007, 12:01:59 PM »
replacement therapy is 100 mg/week.  if you're really tall, your doctor might be able to justify 200 mg/week.   anything more than could get your doctor in trouble.   allowing your doctor to break the rules for your non-medical benefit could be considered a not very moral thing to do.

3girlsmom is considered a hypocrite by many because she is constantly criticizing others for not following the rules of her christian faith as she sees them, but then claiming her actions aren't breaking the rules because the things she's breaking aren't really related to her christian faith.   The whole problem with organized religion is determining which rules are important and which rules are not.   You're bad because you are breaking those rules, but I'm ok because the rules I'm breaking aren't really important or don't really apply.

I will admit that i take 500mg/week. For me personally my bishop knows that i take more than i recommended dosage and knows that i take that much to further my bodybuilding goals. And he said as longas i am not abusing them. Abuse is taking steroids in warmful dosages, which i am not.

I try not to criticize others for breaking rules, because i am not perfect, and i am a sinner so who am i to to judge another. I dont know how dugdales wife thinks so i will not try to defend what she has said.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2007, 12:05:08 PM »

I've never seen them wear their religion on their sleeve.

you can believe what ever you want.   it only becomes a problem when you tell others what to believe, or claim to be superior to others because of what you believe.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2007, 12:06:44 PM »
women should stay covered up, kept as property like cattle and stay in the house chopping vegetable and cleaning.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #142 on: July 12, 2007, 12:08:05 PM »
I've never seen them wear their religion on their sleeve.

you can believe what ever you want.   it only becomes a problem when you tell others what to believe, or claim to be superior to others because of what you believe.

umm can ya imagine samir and nassar preaching islam to an audience..lol they'd be booed off stage.. ;D
carpe` vaginum!

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2007, 12:10:44 PM »
FOGARTY RULES!
footloose and fancy free

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #144 on: July 12, 2007, 12:13:11 PM »
odoyle rules!  :D
carpe` vaginum!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: July 12, 2007, 12:16:03 PM »
lying is a sin though... :)

so is conceit..vanity etc etc...

bodybuilder christian is an oxymoron
just like bodybuilder cop <ronnie..quite literally the biggest hypocrite of em all>

Good points. Vanity/self-esteem, though ... Aside from the obvious, where's the line? Certainly would depend on motivation and/or extremes, wouldn't you say?

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #146 on: July 12, 2007, 12:22:51 PM »

Good points. Vanity/self-esteem, though ... Aside from the obvious, where's the line? Certainly would depend on motivation and/or extremes, wouldn't you say?

I agree 100%. What is the motivation

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #147 on: July 12, 2007, 12:28:55 PM »

show me a humble bodybuilder and i'll give u 10 dalla..

dosen't exist..
carpe` vaginum!

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #148 on: July 12, 2007, 10:11:54 PM »
I was just kidding about the sorcery thing.  GOD (however you choose to define that word) doesn't care if you take steroids or not.  It's all about what kind of person you are. 

The only reason for anyone to deny using is to avoid the persecution and stigma that is caused by prohibition and negative media reports.  Mark Dugdale seems like a decent person.

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #149 on: July 12, 2007, 10:19:14 PM »
Here's Dugdale looking awesome.