Author Topic: Melissa Dettwiller, Jennifer Cowan, and Jodi Miller at Team U  (Read 29927 times)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: Melissa Dettwiller, Jennifer Cowan, and Jodi Miller at Team U
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2007, 11:45:18 AM »
Yes.

Instead, Russia and a few other big bodybuilding countries (Germany?) could get 3 or 4 pro cards for their nationals instead of only one.

It would make bodybuilding more global, but also raise the status of winning a pro card. Back in Arnold's days, winning a pro card meant you were world class pretty much.

JMO.

-Hedge

I don't necessarily disagree, but it seems that would make the rest of the NPC national shows somewhat pointless for the competitors who really are focused on going pro, no?  It also could decrease the overall quality of the competitors at the shows.  I suppose one way to do it would be to require top 5 placing at one of the other national shows in order to compete at Nationals.
We dont have enough pro FBBs right now either way, esp in the lower weight classes.  One way to help "change the direction" of women's bb would be to qualify more smaller-sized women for pro status. 

Also I'm not sure I understand why qualification into the IFBB for competitors from other countries is linked to how many pro cards are awarded in the US through the NPC?

:)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2007, 12:08:51 PM »

I don't necessarily disagree, but it seems that would make the rest of the NPC national shows somewhat pointless for the competitors who really are focused on going pro, no?  It also could decrease the overall quality of the competitors at the shows.  I suppose one way to do it would be to require top 5 placing at one of the other national shows in order to compete at Nationals.
We dont have enough pro FBBs right now either way, esp in the lower weight classes.  One way to help "change the direction" of women's bb would be to qualify more smaller-sized women for pro status. 

Also I'm not sure I understand why qualification into the IFBB for competitors from other countries is linked to how many pro cards are awarded in the US through the NPC?

No need for other national NPC shows. Have qualifiers for the Nationals instead.

There is currently much fewer pro cards handed out in Russia than in USA, eg.

Meaning that it's much harder for a Russian bodybuilder to become pro.

What it means is also that the quality of those who turns pros in USA aren't as high, since it's being watered out (I'm referring to male bodybuilding and the "fitness" and "figure" now).

Actually, I think the best thing would be if there were no pro cards awarded at any national show, but that those who won their class were sent to the World Championships, instead of the Team Universe winner.

And that the top 3 or perhaps top 5 in every class in the world champs would get a pro card.

That way, only the best in the world would get the pro cards.

But that will never happen. 8)

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Chamorrita

• Getbig III
  • Mens sana in corpore sano.
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2007, 12:54:25 PM »
You gals look really great in those shots Lori took.  Congratulations!!!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2007, 07:56:36 AM »
Here are a couple of my papparazi pics...I have a million of them LOL.  There were so many people at the show...pros and amateurs.  It was great to meet alot of them.  I had a blast hanging out with BEAST and I was happy to finally meet Jodi in person. 
Also a pic here of the overall winner, HW Tracy Beckham.  She has the smallest waist!   :o

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2007, 12:46:53 PM »
Here are a couple of my papparazi pics...I have a million of them LOL.  There were so many people at the show...pros and amateurs.  It was great to meet alot of them.  I had a blast hanging out with BEAST and I was happy to finally meet Jodi in person. 
Also a pic here of the overall winner, HW Tracy Beckham.  She has the smallest waist!   :o

Hahaha.

Jodels looks absolutely sick.

Crazy conditioning.

As empty as paradise

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2007, 05:31:40 PM »

Now...maybe I'm wrong but doesn't Team U sort of...maybe imply 'natural'? Hence...Dettwiller.

What happened to all your lines and onion thin skin, ripit?!? J/K. You look as gorgeous as ever.

That is the most conditioned I have ever seen Jenny 'JumperCowBEAST' Cowan.

Wassup JodiJoJoJo Jo?
?

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2007, 06:11:17 PM »
It would be nice to see the weight class winners in the bodybuilding division earn pro cards, especially with figure's top two in each height class earning theirs.  But it will make me work that much harder for Worlds so that I can earn mine over in Spain.

The top two in each weight class did get tested directly after receiving their trophies on Saturday night.  I sincerely hope no one was dishonest in this competition and everyone was truly clean for the past twelve months:  no clen, no illegal or prescription diuretics, no steroids, no growth, no whatever else you can't find in a grocery store or a vitamin/supplement shop.  If anyone dared to grace that Team Universe stage having had any of these substances in her body within the past twelve months, then karma will come back to bite her in the butt.  It's bad enough for a woman to take any of these substances, but it's worse when she loses not just her femininity but her integrity as well.  I couldn't even begin to imagine being dishonest and shoving someone who is actually clean out of a rightful placing.  Let's hope no one did this at this show.

It was great meeting you as well, Lori!  I told you that when I saw the pictures of you as the winner of the lightweight class at Junior Nationals, I felt I actually had a chance of winning this show.  This was the most confident, calm, relaxed, and happy I have ever been going into a show.  I knew in my heart I was going to win, and I don't mean that in an arrogant or cocky manner.  I just had that much belief in myself and my preparation.  I looked in the mirror in the days prior to Team Universe, and I saw a winner.  It's the first time I've seen that since I began competing in the NPC in 2001.

And Flower...you're not the only one who asks to see my smile more than my pout.  I take it as a compliment!   :)
Jodi

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2007, 12:10:42 AM »
Congrats to all of you ladies...I wouldve loved to see you all compete. And big congrats to Jodi for making such a successful switch from figure to BBing...but you dont miss it either!

Unfortunatly couldnt even make it this time as a spectator, and taking this year off from competiton.

You all looked AMAZING! Well done. :)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2007, 04:48:31 AM »
It would be nice to see the weight class winners in the bodybuilding division earn pro cards, especially with figure's top two in each height class earning theirs.  But it will make me work that much harder for Worlds so that I can earn mine over in Spain.

The top two in each weight class did get tested directly after receiving their trophies on Saturday night.  I sincerely hope no one was dishonest in this competition and everyone was truly clean for the past twelve months:  no clen, no illegal or prescription diuretics, no steroids, no growth, no whatever else you can't find in a grocery store or a vitamin/supplement shop.  If anyone dared to grace that Team Universe stage having had any of these substances in her body within the past twelve months, then karma will come back to bite her in the butt.  It's bad enough for a woman to take any of these substances, but it's worse when she loses not just her femininity but her integrity as well.  I couldn't even begin to imagine being dishonest and shoving someone who is actually clean out of a rightful placing.  Let's hope no one did this at this show.

I agree with you, women should not take male hormones, why in the hell would they want to look like a man? I think Mindspin will ultimately rid female bodybuilders of using these hormones in their quest to look like men, and it's nice to see that you agree that the sport needs to get rid of these select few who have no desire to look feminine. You looked great by the way :)
E

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2007, 05:23:17 AM »
Wow....congrats to those ladies...you all look great!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2007, 07:00:30 AM »

It was great meeting you as well, Lori!  I told you that when I saw the pictures of you as the winner of the lightweight class at Junior Nationals, I felt I actually had a chance of winning this show.  This was the most confident, calm, relaxed, and happy I have ever been going into a show.  I knew in my heart I was going to win, and I don't mean that in an arrogant or cocky manner.  I just had that much belief in myself and my preparation.  I looked in the mirror in the days prior to Team Universe, and I saw a winner.  It's the first time I've seen that since I began competing in the NPC in 2001.

And Flower...you're not the only one who asks to see my smile more than my pout.  I take it as a compliment!   :)

Jodi, we are looking forward to seeing you rock the stage and RERESENT in Spain.   8)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2007, 07:10:41 AM »
Now...maybe I'm wrong but doesn't Team U sort of...maybe imply 'natural'? Hence...Dettwiller.

What happened to all your lines and onion thin skin, ripit?!? J/K. You look as gorgeous as ever.

That is the most conditioned I have ever seen Jenny 'JumperCowBEAST' Cowan.

Wassup JodiJoJoJo Jo?

hahahahahhahaaha, no shit...It's amazing how quickly my vascularity diminished and my skin un-leathered, isn't it?!!   ::)
UH OH, my hair is still a little frizzy though, so clearly I have a problem.  I'll tell you what it was if you promise not to tell anyone ---  :-X :-X :-X

It was HOT AS HELL at the venue, and very humid...I had a hard time controlling my hair!   :D

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2007, 09:15:43 AM »

Good cause I meant it as a compliment!  :D

So do 1/2 pout and 1/2 smiling in your photo shoots and let's see all side of Jodi!

;D

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2007, 09:21:34 AM »
hahahahahhahaaha, no shit...It's amazing how quickly my vascularity diminished and my skin un-leathered, isn't it?!!   ::)
UH OH, my hair is still a little frizzy though, so clearly I have a problem.  I'll tell you what it was if you promise not to tell anyone ---  :-X :-X :-X

it was nice of you to let Jodi borrow your forehead vein since you didn't have a show that weekend!!   What?  That is really a sign of awesome conditioning?     8)

;D

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2007, 01:06:36 PM »
R

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2007, 01:17:57 PM »

WOW, monster forehead vein on Angelina, biggest one I have ever seen on a female.  :o
She must be rampantly abusing roids!!   ::)

:D

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2007, 01:59:24 PM »
OK back on topic LOL.  Here are the Top 5 for LW and MW.

Congrats again girls!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2007, 06:21:19 PM »

It was HOT AS HELL at the venue, and very humid...I had a hard time controlling my hair!   :D

Frizzy ftw baby!

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2007, 09:34:05 PM »
Congrats ladies.

GirlyMuscle

• Getbig I
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2007, 05:04:25 PM »
Hey Sioux!  I just got to this forum.  I didn't know you'd be over here, too!  Glad to see you!

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2007, 05:11:16 PM »
Hey Sioux!  I just got to this forum.  I didn't know you'd be over here, too!  Glad to see you!

Oh brother ::)
E

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2007, 07:04:54 PM »

Hiya GM!

Yep I been a member here for quite sometime. Good to see you here, and ignore Danielson.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Melissa Dettwiller & Jennifer Cowan at Team U
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2007, 08:59:03 PM »
melissa looks overdieted and has lost too much muscle, especially in those awesome thighs of hers

Im a big fan of the whole Mel D thing but have to agree she seems flat and just not crisp for some reason.....oh maybe cause she not in some hot ass outfit looking all sexy  ;D

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2007, 11:06:56 PM »
congrats to all the girls from here who competed and extra to mel and jodi for taking their classes.

the improvements jodi has made(muscle wise) since turning to BB are incredible. jodi you look awesome in the stage pic posted here.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2007, 06:40:32 AM »
Congrats to everyone, and especially Jodi. It has been really nice to watch your 'ascent' into female bodybuilding, and I love the look you bring to the stage and am pleased to see you doing so well.