Author Topic: This is where I train...  (Read 4788 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: This is where I train...
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 11:12:22 AM »
Yeah.. I thought the same thing at first, ships and bodybuilding just dont mix. However, I believe it can be done.

After nearly 3 years of biting my tongue working on ships and rigs with no gym, I am now on this vessel, which will be well equipped with handpicked gym equipment (by me  ;D) Finally, I can now can take bodybuilding seriously.

I work 4 weeks on, 4 weeks off.

I'd suggest a spotter.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 11:13:54 AM »
Seriously, though, that's one badass job, Fark.

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2007, 11:17:52 AM »

Sounds like someone is still bitter about getting a past owning from Jaejonna. How many sleepless nights have you spent planning your revenge.

???

The only thing "Jaejonna" has owned is himself with his numerous gimmick accounts and the morphed arm pic of himself he put as his avatar ;)

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2007, 11:29:06 AM »
serious question, while just sitting in one place for weeks on end have you ever seen any sea monsters? whats the coolest animal youve seen while out there?

No, hopefully nevers any sea monsters. There's plenty of sealife around the oil rigs and subsea structures. There's fish everywhere!

There's stacks of fish, sharks, manta-rays etc. Manta-rays have been known to jump out of the water onto the decks of smaller vessels.

At night the ship is lit up like a christmas tree, and this attracts fish and squid.. and they attract sharks. As soon as its dark there will be at least two dozen sharks just circuling the ship chasing fish or waiting for food scraps to be discarded overboard.

The coolest thing I saw was a huge Great White.

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2007, 11:33:19 AM »
No, hopefully nevers any sea monsters. There's plenty of sealife around the oil rigs and subsea structures. There's fish everywhere!

There's stacks of fish, sharks, manta-rays etc. Manta-rays have been known to jump out of the water onto the decks of smaller vessels.

At night the ship is lit up like a christmas tree, and this attracts fish and squid.. and they attract sharks. As soon as its dark there will be at least two dozen sharks just circuling the ship chasing fish or waiting for food scraps to be discarded overboard.

Ever seen any whales out there?

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2007, 11:37:38 AM »

Yeah these kind can be found in the pacific, mainly Hawaii.

I

Farkenell

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2007, 11:51:54 AM »

Yeah, they're everywhere at certain times of the year. They get really close. Unfortunately one got too close and was diced by the propellor of a rig tender.

vinnyvee

• Getbig IV
  • Dorian never bitched, he just shut em up!
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2007, 12:12:13 PM »
Hey if the pay is compensating you right, sounds like a decent gig Fark! Give it hell...
I bet the stars at night if it's clear has got to be intense.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2007, 12:19:56 PM »
Oh boy you're almost completely ignored. BTW you sound tough, rob b. Are you a member of the associated keyboard warriors?

haha that pic is awesome ;D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2007, 12:43:02 PM »

Where?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2007, 05:44:27 PM »

that is fucking awesome, it would be cool to see all that stuff but damn you wouldnt want to fall in!

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2007, 07:43:51 PM »

Thats interesting. Do you do any sports fishing there?

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2007, 08:21:00 PM »
Yeah.. I thought the same thing at first, ships and bodybuilding just dont mix. However, I believe it can be done.

After nearly 3 years of biting my tongue working on ships and rigs with no gym, I am now on this vessel, which will be well equipped with handpicked gym equipment (by me  ;D) Finally, I can now can take bodybuilding seriously.

I work 4 weeks on, 4 weeks off.

Translation:  I'm on test 1000/mg wk 4 wks on, and 4 weeks off.  Keep it real.  You're allright my brother.
Most are all show no go!

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2007, 08:42:48 PM »
awesome, farkenell.  leo ingram was in the navy for five years and somehow managed to turn pro.  do you have any shots of the gym?

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2007, 09:10:09 AM »
It has its moments, Im glad I dont have to do this anymore.. though it was great fun.

what is this a picture of?

i'm curious..how did you end up being a merchant seaman? 
footloose and fancy free

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2007, 09:41:34 AM »

Yeah these kind can be found in the pacific, mainly Hawaii.

HAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHA. 

anyway, what are you doing in that pic where it looks like the giant boat is about to crash into the little thing wiht the 3 guys standing on it? 
F

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2007, 10:29:38 AM »
He didn't take that.  It's a famous pic used in training videos showing the dangers of careless cable placement.  Seconds after it was taken, the cable under tension over the rail on the left broke free and sliced the guy near it clean in two.  Good thing he didn't post the after pic with the guy reaching for his lower half before it slides into the sea.

Seen it happen on a pulldown machine too.  Aint pretty.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2007, 11:13:49 AM »
He didn't take that.  It's a famous pic used in training videos showing the dangers of careless cable placement.  Seconds after it was taken, the cable under tension over the rail on the left broke free and sliced the guy near it clean in two.  Good thing he didn't post the after pic with the guy reaching for his lower half before it slides into the sea.

Seen it happen on a pulldown machine too.  Aint pretty.

Sounds grusome but I wanna see!!!
I

Farkenell

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2007, 02:52:12 AM »
hardcore

Sure ya dont mean deprived?

Farkenell

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2007, 03:19:34 AM »

what is this a picture of?

i'm curious..how did you end up being a merchant seaman? 

My father was a sea captain. I grew up in a fishing town. I was always around boats. Education wise.. I had to study at college then complete an on the job traineeship.

This is a photo taken from the bridge of my first offshore job. Thats the bow of an oil tanker behind the our vessel, as it approaches an FPSO to take on oil.

The rope going off to the left of the pic is connected to the hawser (tow line) which is connected to the FPSO. As the tanker approaches, crew will throw down a line to us and we connect the two ropes and let them go.

FSPO info : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_Production_Storage_and_Offloading

This photo is taken during the transfer of the oil

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2007, 03:26:47 AM »
No pic for me.  :(

How'd the training go matey?  Did they fit out the gym the way you wanted?  Is it easier to squat til you puke if you're already seasick?