Author Topic: does steroids enhance the risks of cancer etc  (Read 2844 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: does steroids enhance the risks of cancer etc
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2007, 02:09:16 AM »
will we be able to read bout it on get big, general topics board?
Z

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2007, 05:11:24 AM »
A lot of people would die sooner without steroids. Think about burn victems etc.

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2007, 05:54:24 PM »
my moms a nurse on a cancer ward and she injects patients with deca on a daily basis,  dumbass

Yeah, but this is after they get chemo or the tumor cut out, right? 

I don't know about this, but if you have a bad mutation in a msucle that steroids can increase, then I don't see why it wouldn't increase the cancerous cell accumulation rate.  I'm sure this had been basically answered definitively before.  Someone has to have looked at this.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 05:58:38 PM »
i dont know much about steroids, but i seem to recall people saying that if you used steroids, and get cancer or whatever, then the risk is higher because of steroid use. even if you used very little and a long time ago

something like that.

anyone know what im talking about and is there any truth to it  :)

Specific types of steroids increase the risk of developing specific types of cancer.

Example: 17-alpha-alkylated steroids, like oxymetholone and stanozolol, increase the risk one developing hepatic cancer.

Steroids that get converted into dihidrotestosterone, like testosterone derivatives, increase the risk of prostate cancer.

SUCKMYMUSCLE