Author Topic: BBing isn't a sport, but dogfighting is.  (Read 4924 times)

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
Re: BBing isn't a sport, but dogfighting is.
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2007, 09:34:59 PM »
hahaha, it's all good. I only know because all the articles I've read on MSNBC and CNN mention it being illegal and a felony in all but those two states.

they also say that Idaho and Wyoming are also two states that don't have Jessica's law...Thats pretty fcked up also

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2007, 09:35:33 PM »
fighting these dogs is bad enough...But these dudes were actually torchering them ect...Vick should just take some money from the club and go live in a country where they eat dog or something...

I can't imagine for the life of me this guy actually showing his face at visitors stadiums...Their is no way the NFL will let that happen...
when was the last time a white player fucked up in the nfl like seeling drugs or some dumb shit like this?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2007, 09:39:12 PM »
I can't imagine for the life of me this guy actually showing his face at visitors stadiums...Their is no way the NFL will let that happen...

Yeah, initially it just looked like a $ thing - once Vick costs the team more than he earns, he's gone.

But when you think about the NFL's overall image for the year... that's a weight that will be on them all year too.  Plus fans are going to be so emotional about this.  Didn't they find numerous dog skeletons on Vick's property?   I can imagine the chants, the signs, the dolls... it's gonna be ugly.

They should convince him to quietly volunteer to take the year off to "settle his affairs".

Birdman

• Getbig III
  • Pump Til You Puke!
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007, 09:39:46 PM »
I just tried to call the Falcons and their mailbox is full.  Im sure they are getting tons of calls.  
I live in Atlanta and there are many local personalites and radio show hosts that are finally calling this guy out.  
Atlanta is very weird in that many of the people that live here think that Vick is nothing less then a god.  They have always supported him and some actually still are.  Their was a guy on the news tonight saying that Vick is a responsible role model in the community and if he is involved in dog-fighting that he should be left alone because of all the "good stuff" he does in the community.  
FUCK ME...Are you kidding?
The guy is a worthless piece of shit.
Anyone who treats helpless animals the way that he does/did has no place in the NFL.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007, 09:43:25 PM »
he's a piece of crap, assuming it's true.

I will miss seeing him play though.  It was gonna be a 30 yard run, an INT, or a brutal sack every time he dropped back!

Birdman

• Getbig III
  • Pump Til You Puke!
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2007, 09:44:41 PM »
when was the last time a white player fucked up in the nfl like seeling drugs or some dumb shit like this?

In 2006 Jake Plummer, Denver's quarterback, was cited for kicking the headlight of a pickup, then backing his vehicle into the man's truck...Ok I just thought that was funny.

But you gotta remember that for every offending player, every thug, there are dozens of law-abiding players who are stand-up citizens. It is a minority who don't get it, though the perception remains that the NFL has a growing problem with hoodlums in helmets. It only takes a few poster boys of ill behavior to give the collective lot a bad rep.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2007, 12:34:26 AM »

c'on bro...Zapping dogs to their death and crushing their skulls is nothing like selling drugs anyway one wants to spin it...

You do realise that alot of people treat their animals better then they do their kids right? With that said just how do you think a Mike Vick can exist in a society that in alot of instances thinks a dog has more value then a human?

That is why i believe he is done...I truely believe that he will be looked at the same way people look at child molestors...

You will rarely find actors/actresses wearing fur out in the public...And for good reason...They get such bad publicity for doing so...This Vick thing is really really bad...Even if you believe that its just a dog ect, guess what...Most people that pay for a ticket or watch T.V. don't agree with you...

Advertisers will not only not back Vick but will also pull out of the Falcons Stadium...And not because they want to but because they will be forced to do so...

It truely is a no win for the NFL...And the NFL is all about image...More so then any other pro sport for sure...

Wombat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2007, 12:54:20 AM »
I just tried to call the Falcons and their mailbox is full.  Im sure they are getting tons of calls.  
I live in Atlanta and there are many local personalites and radio show hosts that are finally calling this guy out.  
Atlanta is very weird in that many of the people that live here think that Vick is nothing less then a god.  They have always supported him and some actually still are.  Their was a guy on the news tonight saying that Vick is a responsible role model in the community and if he is involved in dog-fighting that he should be left alone because of all the "good stuff" he does in the community.  
FUCK ME...Are you kidding?
The guy is a worthless piece of shit.
Anyone who treats helpless animals the way that he does/did has no place in the NFL.

Its understandable that they want to stick by there star to some extent but remember this...Mark McGuire was a god to not only St.Louis but all of baseball...And where is he today?..Lets face it, OJ has a better chance of making it back into hollywood then Vick will of ever playing in the NFL again...The NFL understands the power of the consumer...And to be honest, the falcons now make a move for say a culpepper or someone that can actually deliver day in and day out at the position of quarterback...Vick is a great athlete but a pro quarterback he is not...

Lets say they let him play and the falcons play out of their ass and make it into the superbowl...He would be the main draw and almost every advertiser would bail because of him and they wouldn't just do so here in the states but almost world wide...

I truely don't see how he has a leg to stand on...The falcons are the ones who end up getting fuked...For Vick to continue to play in the NFL could potentially cost the NFL "Billions"...Thats right "Billions....Think of what i said about the super bowl and the money made...

Wombat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2007, 12:56:54 AM »
he's a piece of crap, assuming it's true.

I will miss seeing him play though.  It was gonna be a 30 yard run, an INT, or a brutal sack every time he dropped back!

agreed...Its really gonna suck to not see him play...Why he never not wanted to change positions and really show what he could do is beyond me...I guess money really does talk...

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2007, 02:32:14 AM »
Are you guys talking about that Ron Mexico guy?  He seems like a stand up bro. :-X

Monte71

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2007, 07:15:08 AM »
Vick is a piece of SCUM with money. 

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2007, 07:33:11 AM »
Wow, its been a while since i've agreed with Adonis on something.  Vick is a dirty piece of shit and I hope they throw him in jail, im sure he'd be well liked!

body88

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2007, 07:41:33 AM »
The entire vick clan is a waste of life. The feds are going to nail his ass to the wall. F ing piece of trash.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2007, 07:47:32 AM »
Why is Nike still endorsing this piece of shit??

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2007, 07:49:18 AM »
There is no intrinsic value to being able to throw a football, or dunk a basketball, for that matter.  It's all based on setting up an event that people want to see.  If OJ had been in his prime, almost no one would have wanted to watch him play.  

NFL won't want to lose prestige for this bullshit.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2007, 07:50:17 AM »
Just another savage in prison feeding off of the tax dollars of the hard working.

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2007, 07:51:16 AM »
You guys can call:
212-450-2000

That number is for the NFL PR department.

It will take you less than 2 minutes to call and ask he is suspended...and when found guilty, kicked out of the NFL.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2007, 08:15:41 AM »
This issue is the perfect example of how many idiots we have in this country.

Everyday, more and more of your liberties are being handed over to government and you don't care....

But something emotional happens with football and you dipshits are on the phone taking action.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2007, 08:18:09 AM »
Just another savage in prison feeding off of the tax dollars of the hard working.

;D
a

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2007, 08:23:09 AM »
what do you expect? michael vick is a living abortion?

SLYY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2007, 08:47:04 AM »

Everyday, more and more of your liberties are being handed over to government and you don't care....

But something emotional happens with football and you dipshits are on the phone taking action.

I care very much. 

Not sure why you would assume, by Adonis and I posting phone numbers to take action on such a small matter....would equate to us ignoring bigger matters.....

SLYY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2007, 08:50:55 AM »

In addition, I can tell by your quote you lack intelligence.  I will explain why:

If Vick gets away with this, do you know what that can mean for dog breeds?

They may ban certain breeds (ex. Pitts, Rots, Akita's etc.) instead of punishing the owners for their lack of care.

I want the gov't to punish these terrible people abusing the dogs and not ban the breeds.

My friend, think of the big picture....it will help you in all aspects of life.... ;)

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2007, 08:52:04 AM »
Animal-rights activists say Vick case 'tip of the iceberg'

By Elizabeth Merrill

ESPN.com

Updated: July 19, 2007, 11:00 AM ET

By noon on Wednesday, John Goodwin had a bad case of cell-phone ear and a hundred things to do. Four months ago, he couldn't buy publicity in the Humane Society of the United States' struggle to stop dogfighting.

Now Michael Vick has done something Qyntel Woods, Nate Newton and LeShon Johnson couldn't -- put a marquee face on a cause that has suddenly jolted public consciousness.

"There is a definite subculture of dogfighting within professional sports," said Goodwin, the deputy manager of the Animal Cruelty Campaign for HSUS. "I think you've just seen the tip of the iceberg. One thing I hope that a lot of these guys realize is that their NFL careers or their NBA careers or their baseball careers are far more important to them than going to dogfights on a Friday night.

"Any professional athlete who would continue to be involved with this after seeing what Michael Vick has gone through would have to be crazy," he said.

That iceberg, tip and all, slammed into the NFL offices late Tuesday afternoon, in the form of an 18-page indictment detailing an alleged electrocution of a dog and numerous other sordid accounts of animal cruelty involving Vick.

When Vick's house on Moonlight Road in rural Surry County, Va., was raided in April, it led to a rise in dogfighting arrests, Goodwin said.

The latest news had Humane Society officials scrambling to appear everywhere from CNN to Fox News. By late in the day, a Web page encouraging animal enthusiasts to contact the NFL crashed under the crush of hits.

Ultimately, Vick's indictment could change the perception of dogfighting and its connection to some professional athletes.

When Woods was busted for fighting his pit bull Hollywood in 2004, his Portland Trail Blazers teammates initially defended him, and the story was a short blip on the national scene.

When Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis was asked about dogfighting this spring, he said: "It can't be too bad of a crime."

Portis later conceded that his comments were insensitive, but Goodwin said it "shows the mentality that some people have."

"Even guys like LaDainian Tomlinson, who's opposed to dogfighting, when he was a young man, he went to dog fights," Goodwin said. "It's out there.

"I hope that really what this does is send a message that deters people from being involved in this in the first place. I hope that the people involved are investigated and caught and sentenced," he said.

Newton and Johnson are former NFL players with ties to dogfighting, but neither carries the star power of Vick, the $130 million Atlanta Falcons quarterback once considered the new face of the NFL.

By late Wednesday, animal-rights activists were working to ensure that Vick's face doesn't surface near a football field anytime soon. The Humane Society and PETA called for the NFL to suspend Vick immediately.

Dan Shannon, assistant director of campaigns for PETA, said that as of late Wednesday, the group had no plans to protest the Falcons or NFL headquarters, "but I certainly wouldn't rule it out."

"We have to see how this all plays out," he said. "We have to give the Falcons and NFL a little time."

Tuesday's news apparently didn't surprise anyone at PETA. Its headquarters are in Norfolk, Va., about a half-hour from Vick's old house. For several years, Shannon said PETA had received anonymous tips about Vick's dogfighting activity. He said the group reported them to the authorities, but for years, Vick and dogfighting stayed in the shadows.

That changed Tuesday.

"One surprise to me, in a good way, is the reaction from sports fans," Shannon said. "They're horrified. They've been reading through this 18-page indictment, about dogs being shot in the head and electrocuted and drowned. The average Joe sports guy is disgusted by this behavior, and that's been encouraging. They have a hard time looking up to this guy as a hero."

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2007, 08:53:15 AM »
John Stewart on Comedy Central put it best when he said that Vick should be strapped down with livers and have the aggressively trained dogs find out just how fast and elusive he really is....That would be poetic justice for that self-absorbed piece of shit >:(
Watching The Haters

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2007, 09:00:21 AM »
http://thetrueadonis.blogspot.com/2007/07/support-no-bail-for-michael-vick.html

Thursday, July 19, 2007
SUPPORT NO BAIL FOR MICHAEL VICK! :Federal Judge PHONE and EMAIL,Atlanta Falcon`s EMAIL and PHONE Number LIST!

It is time to take action and make your voices heard! Michael Vick has been allegedly in charge of a Massive dogfighting and animal cruelty sting. The evidence is overwhelming. The NFL is taking no action. Lets ensure that the Federal Judge WILL TAKE ACTION. SUPPORT NO BAIL! It is time for you to take action. Just take a second and EMAIL or CALL one of these numbers on this list to voice your displeasure. Email and call the judge and tell them you support NO BAIL for Micahel Vick on July 26, 2007 Call as much as you like and as many times as you like.

SUPPORT NO BAIL FOR MICHAEL VICK by CALLING or Emailing HERE:

Henrico County Court VA4301 East Parham RoadRichmond VA 23228Mailing Address:P.O. Box 27032Richmond, VA 23273-7032Phone: (804) 501-5834FAX: (804) 501-5505Email: judges@co.henrico.va.us

Other Contact Numbers:

Atlanta FalconsAtlanta, GA 30303
404-222-5777
Atlanta Falcons1 Georgia Dome Drive NorthwestAtlanta, GA 30313
404-223-8444
Atlanta Falcons Owner & CEO: Arthur M. Blank
Email Falcons at: http://www.atlantafalcons.com/About/Contact_Us.aspx
Atlanta Falcons Football Club - Ticket Office1 Georgia Dome Drive NorthwestAtlanta, GA 30313
404-223-8000
National Football League NFL office280 Park AvenueNew York, NY 10017email at: http://www.nfl.com/help/emailtech
Henrico County Court VA4301 East Parham RoadRichmond VA 23228Mailing Address:P.O. Box 27032Richmond, VA 23273-7032Phone: (804) 501-5834FAX: (804) 501-5505Email: judges@co.henrico.va.us

Posted by Adam Abeles at 8:28 AM