Author Topic: Stretching at the gym  (Read 1904 times)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Stretching at the gym
« on: July 19, 2007, 10:51:38 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the importance of stretching before a workout. Dorian Yates was a staunch supporter of stretching and he only suffered 3 major muscle tears during his 6 year reign.

That being said, it strikes me as peculiar that people go to the gym and seem to do nothing but stretch. Stretching, a couple crunches and maybe some pushups comprise their entire "workout". I understand that different people have different fitness goals, but do they really need a gym membership to get the results they want?

Perhaps you lot have similar observations and questions

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values

Swollness

• Getbig II
Re: Stretching at the gym
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 11:04:35 AM »
There has been a lot of recent research which suggests that stretching before lifting can significantly decrease your power
Perfektion

sandpiper

• Getbig III
  • The Next Mr. O!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 11:07:41 AM »
i stretch between all my sets no matter what muscle group i'm doing to keep good blood flow and stay loose. i think it helps a lot. you don't get tight in the shoulders and i feel pretty good. towards the end of my workouts i won't stretch because i don't want to over do it. i recommend stretching though.
I love me some me!!!

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 11:27:54 AM »
i just take a 5lb plate and swing it in the air while i hold my shoulder with the free hand...  ::)
The Number 2 in Scranton

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 11:36:04 AM »
I never stretch  :-\

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 11:37:37 AM »
I move my balls from one side to the other..
The Number 2 in Scranton

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 11:40:38 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the importance of stretching before a workout. Dorian Yates was a staunch supporter of stretching and he only suffered 3 major muscle tears during his 6 year reign.

That being said, it strikes me as peculiar that people go to the gym and seem to do nothing but stretch. Stretching, a couple crunches and maybe some pushups comprise their entire "workout". I understand that different people have different fitness goals, but do they really need a gym membership to get the results they want?

Perhaps you lot have similar observations and questions

I know what you mean.......it's like the folks who join the gym to shadow box........they could have stayed home and done that.

Sometimes I think they just don't know better, i.e., don't know how to put a workout together, so they stick to what they know a little about (streching in this case).
HAHA, RON.....

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 03:46:09 PM »

Then again, some people just need to get out of the house  ;)
just not good enough

The Coach

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 06:11:32 PM »
Dorian Yates was a staunch supporter of stretching and he only suffered 3 major muscle tears during his 6 year reign.

LMAO..hahahahahaha!!