Author Topic: Jesse Marunde passed away July 25, 2007  (Read 25976 times)

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
Re: JESSE MARUNDE PASSED AWAY
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2007, 08:54:16 AM »
Yeah, some of you guys are real assholes. Jesse was a friend of mine and a really great guy. Not a partier, not a bragger, just a hard working son of a bitch. if you knew him you would all be impressed by him in many ways. I was devastated this morning when i found out.

sorry for your loss bro!  Tell us a story about him, maybe we can get this thread back on track!  Please!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2007, 08:55:14 AM »
Yeah, some of you guys are real assholes. Jesse was a friend of mine and a really great guy. Not a partier, not a bragger, just a hard working son of a bitch. if you knew him you would all be impressed by him in many ways. I was devastated this morning when i found out.
yeah Steve he really seemed like a guy who was dedicated to strongman, like i said i saw him in person here in town a couple of times and he was a very big dude and outside of the competitions seemed like a pretty nice guy and quiet.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2007, 08:59:26 AM »
sorry for your loss bro!  Tell us a story about him, maybe we can get this thread back on track!  Please!

Absolutely. Give us a story or a good memory you two shared if it isnt' too personal or too soon to ask. I know it's how I WOULD like to be remembered. For the things Iv'e done and the lives I've touched.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2007, 09:00:33 AM »
Like he's in the mood now for puting up stories, tools.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2007, 09:01:17 AM »

Which is why I asked if it wasn't too personal or too soon to do so.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2007, 09:02:36 AM »
We joke in the hospital about how you've only got so many heart beats left in you, so why waste them on running and such.

..yeah sure is a dumb joke alright. Cardio such as running would HELP! It will lower your BP, lower beats per minute, improve blood flow, relax your body, lower your weight and a thousands of other benefits. But yes being 340, no matter what you do, it will take a toll on the body, still proper cardio would help tremendously. Just don't see whats funny about your "joke", other than just an excuse to be lazy... ::) what ever helps you face the day I guess!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2007, 09:05:19 AM »
..yeah sure is a dumb joke alright. Cardio such as running would HELP! It will lower your BP, lower beats per minute, improve blood flow, relax your body, lower your weight and a thousands of other benefits. But yes being 340, no matter what you do, it will take a toll on the body, still proper cardio would help tremendously. Just don't see whats funny about your "joke", other than just an excuse to be lazy... ::) what ever helps you face the day I guess!
he wasn't 340 no matter what he or anyone else claimed, he was around 6'5" but even at that height he was MAYBE 295-300 and even that might be stretching it so it's not like he was obese, my guess is that he had some family history coupled with pushing the blood pressure to astronomical levels with 400 pound plus 20 rep deep squats like he was doing.

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2007, 09:07:58 AM »

Let the man speak for himself.  The only reason I asked was for a tribute!  Some people prefer to greive by remembering the good times, I know I wouldn't want a bunch of people talking about how crappy my death was, but more so How GREAT my life was!

spinnis

« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2007, 09:10:09 AM »
A quote from a guy...
"Quick story about this class act. At last years Olympia I wanted his autograph for my 15yo step-son. We talked for a few minutes and got the autograph. I pulled out some cash to give him and he flat out refused. Jesse told me people people fly from all over the world to meet their heros..."why should they have to pay $5 or $10 for their autograph?"

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2007, 09:11:31 AM »
A quote from a guy...
"Quick story about this class act. At last years Olympia I wanted his autograph for my 15yo step-son. We talked for a few minutes and got the autograph. I pulled out some cash to give him and he flat out refused. Jesse told me people people fly from all over the world to meet their heros..."why should they have to pay $5 or $10 for their autograph?"

That is what I am talking about...  Sounds like he was incredibly professional, and a kind soul!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2007, 09:12:21 AM »
A quote from a guy...

THAT is what it's all about.

spinnis

« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2007, 09:16:18 AM »
he was strong but he was one of those average looking dudes who was strong because of steroids

At age 18 he officially closed the #3 Captains of Crush Gripper. In high school, Jesse excelled in football, wrestling, arm wrestling, powerlifting and track and field. At the Washington State high school powerlifting championships, he placed 2nd with a squat of 500lbs, bench press of 295lbs and a deadlift of 540lbs in the 220lb class.

spinnis

« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2007, 09:17:05 AM »
regret*

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2007, 09:23:37 AM »
ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai6Hd748S_c

just having a good time!

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2007, 09:37:25 AM »
At age 18 he officially closed the #3 Captains of Crush Gripper. In high school, Jesse excelled in football, wrestling, arm wrestling, powerlifting and track and field. At the Washington State high school powerlifting championships, he placed 2nd with a squat of 500lbs, bench press of 295lbs and a deadlift of 540lbs in the 220lb class.
Rubbish stats. Most Getbiggers could bench 500 in high school ::)

AlterEgo

• Getbig II
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2007, 09:44:13 AM »
I ALWAYS WATCHED HIM IN HIS STRONGMAN COMPS, I ALWAS ADMIRED HIS STRENGTH, SOUNDED LIKE A GREAT GUY WITH A GREAT ATTITUDE... SUCH A LOSS

R.I.P JESSIE

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2007, 10:11:06 AM »

it's a sad day, man. I always look forward to meet the dude whenever I'm at the Expos. Met-rex lost a good athlete.
Get Big, or Die Trying

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2007, 10:21:25 AM »
Was he getting check ups by a doctor?

Your health is your own responsibility.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
Re: Jesse Marunde passed away July 25, 2007
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2007, 10:37:16 AM »
we can only speculate, but something went definitely wrong. whatever it is, My condolences go to the loved ones he left behind
Get Big, or Die Trying

mbell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2007, 10:38:48 AM »
So sad! I have met him and his wife several times at the Expos. The last time I seen them she was pregnant and glowing.

My condolenses to her and the family. RIP Jesse
M

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2007, 10:41:25 AM »
We seem to think it's ok to abuse certain drugs, but not others.  It's a foolish way to think.  Face it, all drugs are garbage, be it, coke, roids, heroin, etc.
Life is full of many risks you can take, but drugs are just a severe waste.  It's funny how people in bodybuilding, because they're so health conscience come up with all sorts of rationalizations, or get regular check ups, etc...meanwhile, they ingest garbage and wonder why shit goes wrong.
Nothing against JM, I didn't know him, so I have nothing to say on that.
N

Monte71

• Getbig II
« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2007, 10:44:54 AM »
RIP Jesse.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2007, 10:50:11 AM »
Man, what a tragedy. I also watched him on WSM competitions. HE DIED DOING WHAT HE LOVED TO DO, thats how you have to look at it. RIP IN PEACE BROTHA!!

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2007, 10:55:21 AM »
exactly, anyone who ever saw video clips of Marunde training knows that this guy trained like a fuccking demon, deep 20 rep squats with 400 pounds plus, 405 pound overhead push presses, one arm chins, crazy weights on the Olympic lifts, this guy really pushed it to the max.

one arm chins at over 300lbs?  any video of this?

Steve Pulcinella

• Getbig II
  • www.ironsport.com
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2007, 11:02:18 AM »
Here is one story. Jess and his wife were in Philly a few years ago for a contest. Jesse had me drive him around to every t-shirt place in the city because he wanted a specific shirt to wear in the contest. He wanted a 'Strawberry Shortcakes' shirt....remember that old kiddie cartoon? Do you know how hard it is to find a 3X strawberry shortcackes t-shirt?? We never did find one. It was a pretty funny day though walking down south street in Philly with him, John Anderson and Shannon Hartnet. Everybody just stopped and stared at all of them, one of those duck tour busses even stopped and everybody was gawking at them.

Jess was just a fun loving, positive, focused guy. Not a mean bone in his body I don't think. He and his crew of training partners trained harder than just about anybody out there.