Author Topic: FBI director contradicts Gonzales  (Read 550 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
FBI director contradicts Gonzales
« on: July 26, 2007, 01:38:14 PM »
WASHINGTON - FBI Director Robert S. Mueller said Thursday the government's terrorist surveillance program was the topic of a 2004 hospital room dispute between top Bush administration officials, contradicting Attorney General Alberto Gonzales' sworn Senate testimony.

Mueller was not in the hospital room at the time of the dramatic March 10, 2004, confrontation between then-Attorney General John Ashcroft and presidential advisers Andy Card and Gonzales, who was then serving as White House counsel. Mueller told the House Judiciary Committee he arrived shortly after they left, and spoke with the ailing Ashcroft.

cont...http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070726/ap_on_go_co/congress_gonzales

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: FBI director contradicts Gonzales
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 07:41:23 AM »
 And he is the worst fucking liar in the world. I thought all of the Bushco guys were supposed to be great liars.

I hope they do investigate him for perjury. I don't mean that in a "tit for tat, Clinton just slept with some fat chick" manner, either. The lack of transparency in this administration has really been criminal, in and of itself.  A democratic government should not be this secretive.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: FBI director contradicts Gonzales
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 07:31:07 PM »
WASHINGTON - FBI Director Robert S. Mueller said Thursday the government's terrorist surveillance program was the topic of a 2004 hospital room dispute between top Bush administration officials, contradicting Attorney General Alberto Gonzales' sworn Senate testimony.

Mueller was not in the hospital room at the time of the dramatic March 10, 2004, confrontation between then-Attorney General John Ashcroft and presidential advisers Andy Card and Gonzales, who was then serving as White House counsel. Mueller told the House Judiciary Committee he arrived shortly after they left, and spoke with the ailing Ashcroft.

cont...http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070726/ap_on_go_co/congress_gonzales

Wow, can you even believe this? It's just keeps getting interestinger, and interestinger!
Has anyone sought to get Ashcroft's recollection of events? I wonder what he would say?
Talk about being between a rock and a very hard place. That would be a very interesting deposition to say the least.
Definately far more worthy of attention than heiresses in prison stripes.
w