Author Topic: 2 Cell phone choices- opinions?  (Read 2633 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
2 Cell phone choices- opinions?
« on: July 27, 2007, 09:33:38 AM »
I am thinking of getting a new phone, ya know, one that has a camera on it.   ::)

Motorola RAZR V3 or Samsung Stripe?

I don't think I will be using the phone anymore than I do now, but if I am going to get a new one I might as well get some features on it.  I use the phone a max of 15mins a month, some months not at all.    I have the cheapest plan available (they don't even offer this plan anymore so if I ever switch I can't go back to it).   I get 110 anytime minutes and 500 weekend minutes a month, so I think even if I start using it more I will be fine.

My other phone keeps shutting off and has this weird icon on it which no one knows what it is.  It doesn't seem to be affecting the phone unless it is a "shut off randomly" icon?   >:(

I am leaning towards the RAZR V3 right now, it seems to have a good reliability history.  I don't want to have to replace a phone I hardly ever use a year from now, so I want reliability.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
Re: 2 Cell phone choices- opinions?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 04:18:51 PM »
You want realiabilty id go wioth the razor v3, they have a good build, are strong, can take falls,

plus they a relatively thin. It has a easy menu system, nice a simple, the cameras not great mind you, but it does the job. :)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 04:24:07 PM »
Who is your carrier Flower? Btw, for a girl it is amazing you use your cell so seldom :o
E

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 05:46:39 PM »
You want realiabilty id go wioth the razor v3, they have a good build, are strong, can take falls,

plus they a relatively thin. It has a easy menu system, nice a simple, the cameras not great mind you, but it does the job. :)

thanks!  I probably won't even use the camera, but out of most of the other "toys" you can get on them that would be the one I would use over the others.  I wouldn't listen to tunes, watch videos, or the internet on it. 

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 05:50:08 PM »
  thanks!  I probably won't even use the camera, but out of most of the other "toys" you can get on them that would be the one I would use over the others.  I wouldn't listen to tunes, watch videos, or the internet on it. 

My phone has a mobile version of windows built into it, has all the office programs like excel etc. Its has windows media player, I can take pics, listen to music, what video using windows media player, but you know what?

I only use it to make calls lol.

Go with the razor.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 06:44:47 PM »
Razr?

Get the Krazr

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 05:40:35 AM »
Razr?

Get the Krazr

Razr. Krazr. Fazr. Tazr. Who gives a shit.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 04:52:31 AM »
Get a SideKick (or Hiptop in AU) then you can check the forums on the go......but thats kind of sad really isn't it ;D

TBH my missus has one and she is like a msn nut and is always online etc. Motorola has a questionable track record over the last few years in terms of reliability but i think they have turned a corner for the better. Samsung are normally quite good and generally have excellent screen quality. Oh i work in the phone industry btw, not at the shop floor level anymore but i still get a lot of feedback on how models are doing etc :).

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 06:28:28 PM »
The wife has a Motorola Razor and she hates it. The camera is pretty shitty and it's not very reliable she has had 2 so far and the both of them turn off randomly. LG makes good phones if your carrier is compatable with them. I have never had an issue with mine and the last 3 phones I have owned were LG.

DavidPaul what phone do you have and who is your carrier?

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 06:35:36 PM »

. :o

are you delusional?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 01:58:13 AM »
I had a Sidekick and now I have this phone.  I really like it.  Does everything you need and a lot more

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 10:31:00 AM »
I had a Sidekick and now I have this phone.  I really like it.  Does everything you need and a lot more

I have the model before that.. It was okay for a while but the internet browsing sucks. It always comes back and says insufficiet memory... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 10:12:21 AM »
I have the model before that.. It was okay for a while but the internet browsing sucks. It always comes back and says insufficiet memory... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I've never had a problem with the internet on my phone.  In fact it is very fast I think.  I check my email when not near my laptop and it has been awhile.  I just bought a card so now I can get on the internet anywhere I am at. 

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 02:01:08 PM »

I've got the Moto Razr - have had it since Dec 05 and I'm not planning on getting a new one soon. I've dropped it a good half a dozen times and it's been fine.

The Americans must be behind the UK for their phones - the Razr is old hat here and nobody much bothers with them but when I was in the States in Apr/May this year everyone and his dog had one.