Author Topic: Kevin Levrone Interview in the New MD.  (Read 4731 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: Kevin Levrone Interview in the New MD.
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2007, 01:40:57 PM »
why are you talking like Mike Francois back is so great. its not that great really. Kevins back was better.

his legs might have been better than Kevins if even that...

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2007, 01:48:03 PM »
why are you talking like Mike Francois back is so great. its not that great really. Kevins back was better.

his legs might have been better than Kevins if even that...

bullshit, Mike's back destroyed Kevin's.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2007, 03:04:48 PM »
Mike owned Kevin period, if he hadnt got sick he would have been mr olympia, hes like Cutler but in condition and with seperation in his back, the only guy who i ever saw that had as much freakiness as coleman, Mike would not have beaten coleman at his best, neither would Jay but Mike would have beaten Jay if he kept going, his muscularity is just so much cleaner than Jays.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2007, 03:33:07 PM »
More than 99% of people in the world would not be able to handle the position he had.

Agreed. Only 120 million people in this world could've done a better job.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2007, 03:47:51 PM »
If Milos said that, he is a Liar.
Kevin never drank Jack Daniels
posted by Milos

Their response is – they thought that only thing they should be eating would be (like you said) – chicken, fish, steak, egg whites, potato, rice, oatmeal and vegetables! At that point I would give them one of my yearly journals (I kept precise diet journalssince 1987 with times and amounts of food I was eating for more than 70 shows thatI have entered). Only thing that was constant on those pages was total amount of calories,protein/carbs and fat, but food choices were different just about every day!They could not believe that I would eat pancakes, waffles, bread, diary products, nuts,different oils (olive, safflower, flax…), fruits or even gourmet meals ( you name it I had it, in low fat version of that meal), just weeks before the show!?My question to them (and all of you that might be surprised) is why not?I would allow myself to eat 500 grams of Protein, 500 grams of Carbohydrates and 60
grams of fat, which is total of about 4500 calories. So as long as I stay in those margins I would allow myself to enjoy whatever food I like
the most. If I estimate that my energy expenditure is more than 4600 calories daily why would I be afraid of eating pancakes/waffles or whatever else? My body is going to use those carbohydrates as energy just like it would from rice or potatoes. Our body has its physiological and metabolic needs for abundance of nutrients loaded with good calories.
Competitive bodybuilders have tremendous amount of muscle mass (muscle is very metabolically active tissue that consumes a lot of energy for its existence) and during their pre contest period they have enormous energy demands ( 2 daily workouts with additional aerobic activities). Good friend of mine –John Brown (multiple Mr. Universe winner and IFBB professional) would never even attempt to eat “diet meals”. He wouldeat his normal food (eggs, beacon, Cool Aid, French fries..) all the way up to a contest. He would just make sure he burns those calories during his grueling workouts.Thierry Pastel was the same. I saw him during European Tour eating everything he can
lay his hands on. Only, he would make sure that he has about 6 hours access to a localgym ( to do his usual daily workout). Dexter Jackson? This guy starts dieting 6 weeks out, never does cardio and trains only 3 times a week. I almost forgot – he can neve eat chicken or fish, so only protein he gets comes from steaks (in every meal). Shawn Ray, one of the best and most consistent IFBB pro champions NEVER measures his food or count calories yet, manages to always come in awesome shape.Flex Wheeler has a reputation to constantly cheat on his diet (hamburgers and French
Fries) and Kevin Levrone use exclusively fish, vegetables and about a litter of Jack Daniells all the way until the day of the contest (including back stage). Both champions almost won most prestigious bodybuilding title in more than one occasion! (Please don’ttry their diet next time you decide to compete).
So, to answer your question - I recommend counting calories and having specific ratio of all three macro nutrients (protein, carbohydrates and fat). However, I would not advise anyone to limit their food choices as dramatically as some of the competitors do. Seafood pasta, cabbage rolls, beef stir fry, strawberry waffles, chocolate rice pudding or anything else could be on your next contest diet menu. Just make sure that your total intake of particular nutrients is appropriate to what you want to accomplish.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2007, 10:20:08 PM »
posted by Milos

very interesting.....wonder how truthful it really is??
Air Falcon

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2007, 03:02:45 AM »
Milos has been crafting fictitious stories about the 'life and times of Kevin' for more than a decade now!  This is how Milos works! 

Milos' whole sense of being is built around 'character assassinations' and 'health and fitness scams'....Wake up Meatheads, Milos is as dodgy as they come!

On the point regarding Kevin's christianity......Big 'effin' deal!  Every x-roider finds the Lord in some shape or another.  It is the only way these imbeciles come to accept, and respond to their inner demons!

God Bless

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2007, 07:21:17 AM »

If anyone here can comment on ANYTHING Kevin Levrone it is getbig's Special 'Secret AGENT Man' Ed.

Ed, please speak upon Kevin Levrone. How about a few stories? Tell us about the Pro Tan incident the day before the 2000 Mr. O. Earl would like to hear that one.
?

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2007, 08:14:38 AM »
If anyone here can comment on ANYTHING Kevin Levrone it is getbig's Special 'Secret AGENT Man' Ed.

Ed, please speak upon Kevin Levrone. How about a few stories? Tell us about the Pro Tan incident the day before the 2000 Mr. O. Earl would like to hear that one.
I can confirm Milos's claims that Kevin ate nothing but fish and vegetables leading up to a show. I spent considerable time in his house prior to the 2001 Olympia and his refrigerator was completely empty except for frozen peas and broccoli. Not even a GH kit in sight!  However, I cannot confirm the Jack Daniels portion of the claim, because I never saw Kevin drink anything but Smirnoff.

One of the reasons Kevin always came in great condition was because he didn't buy into the whole carbing up thing. Leading up to the 2000 Olympia (where many felt he brought a winning package), he continued to order swordfish and broccoli through room service. No cookies, jam, or marmalade.

I'll save the Pro-Tan story for the radio show. DOH!
BigNationRadio.com

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2007, 08:42:58 AM »
why look full a week out, only to depleat and load back up again,, just to look like u did 5 days earlier.... makes perfect sence to me.. i drink every night for the last week upto a show, half a bottle of dry white wine, then full bottle show nite... most the uk lads do the same !

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2007, 09:06:28 AM »
Looks like this is the end to the debate that he will be returning to the stage.
Most are all show no go!