Author Topic: Note to everyone: Creatine and Protein aren't steroids.  (Read 2561 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Note to everyone: Creatine and Protein aren't steroids.
« on: August 09, 2007, 08:30:18 AM »
There is a Vons Grocery store a few blocks from me that I always shop at.  In their magazine selection the only BB mags they carry are Muscle & Fitness and Men's Health.  I asked the manager if he can order FLEX magazine.  He stated that they won't carry magazines that promote steroids like creatine and protein in their ads.  I was like WTF?  Protein and Creatine are supplements and not even in the same category as steroids.  He pleaded ignorance and didn't want any discussion.

This made me wonder what do most people that read in the newspaper and watch on the news really know what steroids are?  The average joe that is blabbing his mouth at how steroids ruined baseball and is a dangerous drug would have no clue if they ever saw a syringe filled with Deca even is.  To them anything bought from a supp store is a steroid.  What a pathetic nation.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Note to everyone: Creatine and Protein aren't steroids.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 08:32:12 AM »
I dunno... i saw two scientists in lab coats reading the product label with a pro athlete.  Sounds like serious stuff.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 08:39:45 AM »
Scott Markey got to 400 pounds @ 4% bf at a height of 2'6 judging by his pics, all natural but using just creatine and aminos, I have to question too if these dont have steroid properties and would not want anyone in my family touching anything so anabolic judging by his photos.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 08:40:05 AM »
hahahahahahaha, how much of a tool asks the grocery store to start carrying Flex? this guy probably laughed his ass off at you.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 08:41:20 AM »
Especially when you have to explain him what flex magazine is.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 08:43:12 AM »
There is a Vons Grocery store a few blocks from me that I always shop at.  In their magazine selection the only BB mags they carry are Muscle & Fitness and Men's Health.  I asked the manager if he can order FLEX magazine.  He stated that they won't carry magazines that promote steroids like creatine and protein in their ads.  I was like WTF?  Protein and Creatine are supplements and not even in the same category as steroids.  He pleaded ignorance and didn't want any discussion.

This made me wonder what do most people that read in the newspaper and watch on the news really know what steroids are?  The average joe that is blabbing his mouth at how steroids ruined baseball and is a dangerous drug would have no clue if they ever saw a syringe filled with Deca even is.  To them anything bought from a supp store is a steroid.  What a pathetic nation.

lol

...and to top it off he probably sells cigarettes and booze. ::)

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 08:44:12 AM »

You probably misheard him and he said that they won't carry magazines that promote queerboys like Markey and Anthony in their ads.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 08:46:00 AM »
Especially when you have to explain him what flex magazine is.
hahahahaha, i can just picture this clown now with his Igloo cooler and gallon of water sitting next to him on the floor while he looks for Flex on the shelf standing there in his T. Michael rag top, Otomix and still wearing his straps and belt from the gym, hahahahahahahhaaaaaa, what a clown.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 08:46:33 AM »
I thought MUSCELTECH'S CELL TECH increased muscle size more that 655% better than d-bol alone...at least that is what lee priest said...
footloose and fancy free

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 08:47:12 AM »
Haha with jays hatah blockas on.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 08:48:57 AM »

don't forget the fanny pack...
footloose and fancy free

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 08:51:13 AM »
hahahahhaa, he can't stand there too long though because then he'll be late in "taking advantage of the anabolic window" and eating his 7th meal of 1 oz. of tuna and 2 oz. of brown rice to fuel his Herculean 12 set chest workout, hahahhaa, he probably got in his 1973 Pinto in the parking lot and punched the steering wheel and said, "fuccking average people, they don't know how i pay the price in the gym with my bone crushing 175 for 7 flat bench and 60 pound db inclines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ;D

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 08:51:21 AM »
"you don't know what flex is? look at me don't you see i'm huge? i may want to buy a magazine contributing to people like me you fucknut"

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 08:52:20 AM »
get a fucking car and learn to drive, so you can get to places further than "a couple of blocks from your place".

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 08:55:57 AM »
yes i hear this all the time about supplements like "no-explode" and "cell-tech"...everybody thinks they are "steroids"...and say things like "yeah my friend is all fucking jacked , but its oly because hes on a bunch of roids. yeah hes taking like 5 different supplements from gnc...no explode, nitro tech, kre alkalyn, l glutamine, and animal stack!! shit if i was taking all of those steroids i would be a hell of alot bigger than he is."...dumbasses.. ::)
d[-_-]b actin all cool

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 08:56:32 AM »
"you don't know what flex is? look at me don't you see i'm huge? i may want to buy a magazine contributing to people like me you fucknut"
footloose and fancy free

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 09:16:12 AM »
What's really funny about this story is the fact that the two magazines that store does carry (particuarly, Muscle & Fitness) advertise those two very same products.

If that store owner ever gets a look at the CELL-TECH and NITRO-TECH ads in those publications, he may go ballistic.

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 09:24:43 AM »
lol

...and to top it off he probably sells cigarettes and booze. ::)

good point!

the general public is just twisted....

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 09:32:42 AM »
good point!

the general public is just twisted....

i was thinking more along the lines of 'ignorant as a box of hammers'.

seriously though, if it wasn't for stupid people we wouldn't have been able to go to war with iraq...twice.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 09:34:55 AM »
hahahahahahaha, how much of a tool asks the grocery store to start carrying Flex? this guy probably laughed his ass off at you.
classic

sandpiper

• Getbig III
  • The Next Mr. O!
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2007, 09:43:24 AM »

Did he at least offer you a slurppy?
I love me some me!!!