Author Topic: Have you had a spirtual experience so profound that nobody would believe it?  (Read 1902 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I'm going to ask people to tell about their spiritual experiences, not just christian, but anything, in detail, that they normally would not tell of for fear nobody would believe them.  I'm very interested in hearing your experiences.  I have a hunch that many people have an experience or more, contact or something so profound happen in their lives that they don't share them because nobody would believe it--which is quite understandable.  If you have had such an experience, please break with fear and share your story.  I for one am going to be inclined to believe you and have a current need to know what's going on with others.  If you don't want to post your story, please pm me.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
I'm going to ask people to tell about their spiritual experiences, not just christian, but anything, in detail, that they normally would not tell of for fear nobody would believe them.  I'm very interested in hearing your experiences.  I have a hunch that many people have an experience or more, contact or something so profound happen in their lives that they don't share them because nobody would believe it--which is quite understandable.  If you have had such an experience, please break with fear and share your story.  I for one am going to be inclined to believe you and have a current need to know what's going on with others.  If you don't want to post your story, please pm me.

I have had many, ...but I will not share. sorry.
w

Decker

• Getbig V
I was sitting in my recliner in my apartment late at night reading Robert Bork's "Slouching Towards Gomorrah" (it's always a good thing to keep abreast of your opponent's point of view) when I set the book
down and gazed toward the ceiling.

Everything melted away and I was standing right by what looked like a giant UPS package of bundled clothing--It was immense in every sense of the word (I drew a picture afterwards).  The package let me know it was god.  That's all.  It didn't ask me to tell anyone or start a religion or do anything.  That was that.

I think I had a waking dream but it certainly seemed real to me.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I was sitting in my recliner in my apartment late at night reading Robert Bork's "Slouching Towards Gomorrah" (it's always a good thing to keep abreast of your opponent's point of view) when I set the book

Everything melted away and I was standing right by what looked like a giant UPS package of bundled clothing--It was immense in every sense of the word (I drew a picture afterwards).  The package let me know it was god.  That's all.  It didn't ask me to tell anyone or start a religion or do anything.  That was that.

I read that book.  Bork has never impressed me, but I did like his discussion about taxes. 

I've had many experiences.  One was when I was about 13 and was caught in a riptide with by brother-in-law.  I was about to drown.  We were probably 100 yards or more offshore and drifting, foolishly trying to swim directly into the riptide.  I finally started treading water and reached the point of exhaustion.  Told my brother-in-law "I can't make it."  As soon as I said those words a guy on a surfboard appeared and asked if we needed help.  We of course both said yes!  He put us both on his board and pulled us to shore.  We collapsed on the sand.  After a few minutes we looked up to try and thank the guy.  My brother-in-law wanted to give him money.  He was gone.  Not in the water.  Not on the beach.  Just gone.  I'm convinced it was an angel. 

Decker

• Getbig V
I read that book.  Bork has never impressed me, but I did like his discussion about taxes. 

I've had many experiences.  One was when I was about 13 and was caught in a riptide with by brother-in-law.  I was about to drown.  We were probably 100 yards or more offshore and drifting, foolishly trying to swim directly into the riptide.  I finally started treading water and reached the point of exhaustion.  Told my brother-in-law "I can't make it."  As soon as I said those words a guy on a surfboard appeared and asked if we needed help.  We of course both said yes!  He put us both on his board and pulled us to shore.  We collapsed on the sand.  After a few minutes we looked up to try and thank the guy.  My brother-in-law wanted to give him money.  He was gone.  Not in the water.  Not on the beach.  Just gone.  I'm convinced it was an angel. 

Incredible Beach Bum.  I've never had a near-death experience that I was aware of.  I can see why you concluded the surfer was an angel--there to help then gone.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139

Wow!!!  I'll have to post something later about a the experience my wife had, and the one that she and I had together on the way to our honeymoon.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I have had many, ...but I will not share. sorry.
Of course you have, many... ::) nobody on getbig is on a par with your vast experiences... thanks for the valuable comment that was clearly only made to point this fact out...  "but I will not share, sorry" has such value, I see why you posted it totally...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

very cool, thanks for sharing that!!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

WOW!!! 

Decker

• Getbig V
very cool, thanks for sharing that!!!
Sure.  But I really did not convey the sense of overwhelming awe and unity that accompanied this vision.  I don't have the skill to tell you in words what it felt like. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Sure.  But I really did not convey the sense of overwhelming awe and unity that accompanied this vision.  I don't have the skill to tell you in words what it felt like. 
Can I ask, were there any audible characteristics of any kind to the experience?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Of course you have, many... ::) nobody on getbig is on a par with your vast experiences... thanks for the valuable comment that was clearly only made to point this fact out...  "but I will not share, sorry" has such value, I see why you posted it totally...

{ouch} ...ok, now that my tushy is sufficiently sore from that little spanking... let me clarify.

My experiences are not for public consumption because they are soo far out there,
...but for those on here who i consider friends, ...they can PM me and I might share one or two.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
{ouch} ...ok, now that my tushy is sufficiently sore from that little spanking... let me clarify.

My experiences are not for public consumption because they are soo far out there,
...but for those on here who i consider friends, ...they can PM me and I might share one or two.
Well for fuck sake, please pm me with your story...  Thank you >:( Please :) It's important, I wanna know what's going on with others and I know people don't like to tell other people things that sound out there.  8) I understand and will not tell others.

Decker

• Getbig V
Can I ask, were there any audible characteristics of any kind to the experience?
No.  No sound.  The exterior of the package had a perastaltic quality that showed almost paisley-like designs washing over it in spots.  I wasn't scared though.  And lord knows I'm such a chicken that fear would have been at the top of my list at that moment.