Author Topic: have you ever used your muscle in a fight?  (Read 24277 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: have you ever used your muscle in a fight?
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2007, 10:38:11 AM »
how long did you study it for?......

or did you get this information from other 16 years olds who have never trained?

doesnt matter how long you study it. just as you dont build big muscle by using pink dumbbells even if you do it for a lifetime
Z

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2007, 10:57:49 AM »
doesnt matter how long you study it. just as you dont build big muscle by using pink dumbbells even if you do it for a lifetime

Most fights start with pushing and all fights (90%) end on the ground...learn how to grapple/wrestle and you're much better off.

But...for the average joe, a good push may intimidate the average thug to think twice...or pull out a knife.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2007, 11:08:45 AM »
push is just an example

there's many more tools in the bodybuilding toolbox

leg extensions for kicks for example

curls for uppercuts etc
Z

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2007, 11:26:33 AM »
push is just an example

there's many more tools in the bodybuilding toolbox

leg extensions for kicks for example

curls for uppercuts etc

as i said b4, if u dont have the knowhow then it doesnt matter how much u can do on leg extensions

ur kick will not be strong

its technique that makes a kick strong and makes a punch strong

thats why u hear of reasonably strong guys breaking their wrist when punching......its simply because they cannot punch correctly

......and also

if u know nothing about an art how canny u comment on how effective it is on the street

its just ur opinion based on thin air and comments you have read on the internet.

if you studied aikido for 5 years you would not think the way u think

or if u had even studied any art would not think the way u think

there are no bad martial arts just bad martial artists.......

some arts are better than other though

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2007, 11:35:39 AM »
Ive got a 500 pound bench and when i cage fight, many times the holds i use when grappling are much more forceful-and break an opponents will due to that 500 pound bench...............so Yes, my weightlifting muscle makes me a more dangerous fighter.

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2007, 11:41:56 AM »
Ive got a 500 pound bench and when i cage fight, many times the holds i use when grappling are much more forceful-and break an opponents will due to that 500 pound bench...............so Yes, my weightlifting muscle makes me a more dangerous fighter.

i would agree with that ......

but someone with a 500 bench and no technique is useless

if you already have technique then muscle is going to make u a lot more dangerous

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2007, 11:44:50 AM »
Mr tough-guy, wannabe BB and one of getbig's top trolls "bmacsys" with virtually no muscle to speak of actually invited me to "meet him on a street corner to settle this" does that qualify? hahahahahahahahah

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2007, 11:53:47 AM »
as i said b4, if u dont have the knowhow then it doesnt matter how much u can do on leg extensions

ur kick will not be strong

its technique that makes a kick strong and makes a punch strong

thats why u hear of reasonably strong guys breaking their wrist when punching......its simply because they cannot punch correctly

......and also

if u know nothing about an art how canny u comment on how effective it is on the street

its just ur opinion based on thin air and comments you have read on the internet.

if you studied aikido for 5 years you would not think the way u think

or if u had even studied any art would not think the way u think

there are no bad martial arts just bad martial artists.......

some arts are better than other though

you seem very knowledgable, how long have you been training aikido?
Z

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2007, 12:00:19 PM »
i wouldnt say "very" i just know a little more than the average joe who has never actually trained

ive never actually studied aikido under an aikido sensei but ive studied bujinkan ninjutsu which is also japanese

u can refer to both aikido and ninjutsu as "budo"

both arts are very similar because the human body can only move so many ways

aikido is refered to as "the art of peace" while nin is the darkside- the dirty side

"budo is simply the study of the best ways to kill" Hatsumi Sensei 34th Grandmaster

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2007, 12:02:32 PM »
i wouldnt say "very" i just know a little more than the average joe who has never actually trained

ive never actually studied aikido under an aikido sensei but ive studied bujinkan ninjutsu which is also japanese

u can refer to both aikido and ninjutsu as "budo"

both arts are very similar because the human body can only move so many ways

aikido is refered to as "the art of peace" while nin is the darkside- the dirty side

"budo is simply the study of the best ways to kill" Hatsumi Sensei 34th Grandmaster

so how do you know that these styles would be effective in a street fight?
Z

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2007, 12:11:08 PM »
because ive felt the benefits when ive been put in a situation on the street

infact i just recently recovered from a fractured eyesocket and im very lucky to still have my sight in my left eye

i was attacked from behind with a long thick chain with a heavy steel weight on the end

i was struck to the head twice before i could turn round and ruin him, 4 of his mates came and were kickin me in the head and fucked me up pretty good though. then the police turned up.

but i survived.....

i know this is the internet and ppl talk shite but this is truth

if i had never trained i might not have even survived this

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2007, 12:13:35 PM »
I'm a pretty big, strong guy, but I have no doubt someone half my size that can fight would hand me my ass.

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2007, 12:14:59 PM »
this little incident has also encouraged me to start training again coz ive not been training for a while...

the encouragement is based on a general FEAR of what some characters are prepared to do to u for no reason.....

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2007, 12:18:25 PM »
Fighting ability and having big muscles and strength are two different things, Bluto. I've seen 160lb martial art experts knock the shit of bouncers with "big muscles and strength". Tow different things all together.

you have seen hu? gimme a break, could it happen im sure but no 160lb doing damage anytime soon to big freakin bouncer

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2007, 12:24:12 PM »
Ritchie knows different.  Bobby Lupo too.

Im pretty sure Bobby Lupo was seagal's buddy in that movie!!!   Remember him in the poolhall........."anybody know why ritchie did bobby lupo????"

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2007, 12:42:21 PM »
If bmacsys were to meet The Pumpster on a street corned there would be two other people with the Pumpster. A nurse to push his wheelchair. And another nurse to handle his medical solution drip bottle. Also an extra supply of diaper's when he makes a mess in his pants again. Sorry to say the guy is pretty old and should not attempted fighting or any other physical effort. Unless on a BowFlex.  Maybe the nurse could strap the Pumpster into his BowFlex and forklift him up that way to the corner.
F

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2007, 12:48:20 PM »
???

ASK THIS GUY HE HAS TO SNEAK ACROSS THE BORDER EVERY DAY TO HIT THE WEIGHT ROOM.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2007, 12:55:51 PM »
because ive felt the benefits when ive been put in a situation on the street

infact i just recently recovered from a fractured eyesocket and im very lucky to still have my sight in my left eye

i was attacked from behind with a long thick chain with a heavy steel weight on the end

i was struck to the head twice before i could turn round and ruin him, 4 of his mates came and were kickin me in the head and fucked me up pretty good though. then the police turned up.

but i survived.....

i know this is the internet and ppl talk shite but this is truth

if i had never trained i might not have even survived this

you were hit in the head twice with a chain with a heavy steel weight, but because of your ninja training you turned around and ruined him? after that outta a cloud of smoke 4 of his mates came and gave you headkicks?

i dont know what theyre smoking on your ninjaschool but i want some of that!
Z

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2007, 12:56:51 PM »
I used to fight in Tae Kwon Do tournaments and I'll be the first to admit that against someone who knows how to fight its total garbage, but against the average guy who has no clue, it was very effective.  My best friend went to UW Madison, and him and some other buddies were always talking shit at parties, getting into fights, and letting me clean up the mess.  I only weighed 200 lbs at the time and I kicked the shit out of alot of guys much bigger than me.  The fights always went the same way.  A solid kick to the sternum followed by a few good shots to the jaw and the fights were always over in less than a minute!!!

WJ_Harley

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2007, 12:57:59 PM »
I used to fight in Tae Kwon Do tournaments and I'll be the first to admit that against someone who knows how to fight its total garbage, but against the average guy who has no clue, it was very effective.  My best friend went to UW Madison, and him and some other buddies were always talking shit at parties, getting into fights, and letting me clean up the mess.  I only weighed 200 lbs at the time and I kicked the shit out of alot of guys much bigger than me.  The fights always went the same way.  A solid kick to the sternum followed by a few good shots to the jaw and the fights were always over in less than a minute!!!
hahahaha, ok "wisconsinBB". ::)
c

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2007, 12:58:07 PM »
Most fights start with pushing and all fights (90%) end on the ground...learn how to grapple/wrestle and you're much better off.

But...for the average joe, a good push may intimidate the average thug to think twice...or pull out a knife.

very true...my 6 years of wrestling has helped me more than once back in my drinking days....people that have never wrestled
or grappled can be shit tossed sooooo easy....they have no natural sense of balance

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2007, 01:01:59 PM »
you were hit in the head twice with a chain with a heavy steel weight, but because of your ninja training you turned around and ruined him? after that outta a cloud of smoke 4 of his mates came and gave you headkicks?

i dont know what theyre smoking on your ninjaschool but i want some of that!

lol ....entertaining reply my friend

would it not be more unbelievable if i was sayin i fuked up 10 guys at the same time.....?

im saying i got fucked up .....but if i hadnt trained i might have been dead...

my training kicked in along with the adrenalin and fear for my life ....

until you are in a life threatening situation u wont understand

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2007, 01:04:28 PM »
hahahaha, ok "wisconsinBB". ::)

I have no reason to make anything up!  That was all in 1999 and 2000.  Lots of good times in Madison, that is one crazy campus.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2007, 01:06:52 PM »
lol ....entertaining reply my friend

would it not be more unbelievable if i was sayin i fuked up 10 guys at the same time.....?

im saying i got fucked up .....but if i hadnt trained i might have been dead...

my training kicked in along with the adrenalin and fear for my life ....

until you are in a life threatening situation u wont understand

what training is that? how to take 2 solid hits to the head and shake it off like it's nothing and finish the guy who hit you? thats quite amazing. a mortal man would have been knocked out, or at least knocked to the ground. but you were able to finish him - just like in mortal kombat video game!!

monstercalves..... WINS!

Z

G.O.A.T.

• Getbig II
  • TEAM LESNAR
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2007, 01:25:09 PM »
Strength is good for an old fashion ghetto slam but it's the snap of a punch or kick that makes it more effective. I imagine having strength assist but if you dont know how to strike your screwed. I took BJJ for a little while and my strength only helped for a little until they just kept working me till my strength was gone, then ouch. I thouth I was doing good at first because evrytime they grabbed me I would just grab their arm and remove it from me, or if they tried an armbar I would lock my hands and they couldn't break it (at first) after a few of minutes my strength faded and reality check. It was funny because when I walked in everyone was asking to roll with me. It didn't take me long to figure out it was to prove a point.
TEAM LESNAR