Author Topic: Shawn Ray: Please make a comeback!  (Read 5061 times)

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Shawn Ray: Please make a comeback!
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2007, 03:58:25 PM »
Shawn,

honest question: why didn't you become the great christian that you claim to be while you were taking illegal drugs?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Shawn Ray
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2007, 04:03:47 PM »

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2007, 04:30:27 PM »
I'm a Bacon & Egger these days, enjoying the family, baby (Asia just truned 2 Aug 10th)  and food. ;D
I'm a Fan now.
Regarding the stage, "Been there & Done that."
Dont want to take anything away from the Young Hungry Lions but it's a different game now and I've had my day in the sun.
Like many before me, I would not trade the experience as a Pro for anything in the world but my time has come and gone. At 42 this September, I actually enjoy not having to rely on my Physique to keep a roof over my head.
I enjoy my position as Spokeperson / Athlete Director for VYO Tech Nutritionals as well retirement from the stage.

I could never be what I was when I was younger and would be fooling myself if I tried.
Hope this helps.

One of the best of all times !
Peace,
S. Ray

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2007, 04:36:04 PM »
I still think he could clean up a few shows, just for ol times sake. What say you shawn? One last hoorah?

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2007, 08:52:02 PM »
My next contest will be a "Hot Dog Eating Contest" ;D
S.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2007, 08:53:25 PM »
My next contest will be a "Hot Dog Eating Contest" ;D
S.
toooooooo easy........

ahhhhhhh fukit................

will Sasha be there? :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2007, 09:51:26 PM »
Yes, and Chris Dickerson was 43 when he won the Olympia in 82.
That said, Both Ronnie & Chris began their careers much later than I did at 17yrs old.

I had other desires by the time I retired at 36, like getting married and starting a family, of which, neither of the two athletes mentioned above had at that age. :-*
My plate was Full after 20 yrs in the game.
S. Ray

Shawn, this is your chance to win the big one. Think about it: our current Mr.Olympia looks like a shaved off-season powerlifter. Your physique is 10 x better than Jay's. If you came in to this year's O with physique you had at the 1996 Olympia, you would win it. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2007, 10:05:36 PM »
  Shawn, this is your chance to win the big one. Think about it: our current Mr.Olympia looks like a shaved off-season powerlifter. Your physique is 10 x better than Jay's. If you came in to this year's O with physique you had at the 1996 Olympia, you would win it. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

He wouldn't be judged right...Rarely ever was...

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2007, 11:27:53 PM »
@Shawn: Serious question. How do guys like you or Chick managed it to make babies after 20 years of active BB, as many say that's impossible after so many years?? Any special hints??

that's really no different than a woman getting pregnant after years of manipulating their hormonal systems with birth control. the body has a natural desire to return to normal after the source of various changes has been removed.

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2007, 11:37:07 PM »
like i said before 'most muscular in battle for the olympia 2000 and 2001' equals 'LIGHTS OUT MEATBALL'.

shawn ray did the damn thing already....he;s got nothing left to prove...and he should have had at least one sandow.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2007, 06:12:33 AM »
Shawn have you planted any trees in your front yard yet? with all those baby diapers your putting in landfills you should be contributing more to the environment.

Scott Markey

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2007, 10:19:47 AM »
Who Does not want to see this onstage again .

Scott Markey

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2007, 10:27:26 AM »
Or this  :o

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2007, 10:44:58 AM »
Shawn's got nothing left to prove. Let the guy be chubby and happy with the wife and kid(s). It's good to grow up eventually.
!

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2007, 04:33:58 PM »
Who Does not want to see this onstage again .

One of the best we will ever see, period. I just want the chance to go to the olympia and see kevin and shawn onstage, just fucking one time! I only went to one olympia, the 01 and saw the cutler/coleman upset, but I was big into bbing in the 90's and it would be awesome to see both of them onstage.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2007, 12:26:09 AM »
I will be there again come September, onstage my friend calling the show with my Co Host, Bob Cicherillo. 8)
 He's the best I could do, as Kevin will be Filming his latest Feature Film in Taihiti. :-*

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2007, 04:42:38 AM »
Sean
serious question:
why do denouce drug use now, after using illegal drugs for many years to make a living?

I will be there again come September, onstage my friend calling the show with my Co Host, Bob Cicherillo. 8)
 He's the best I could do, as Kevin will be Filming his latest Feature Film in Taihiti. :-*

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2007, 08:08:44 AM »
Damn...I was really hoping that Shawn would eventually compete.

This man is my idol and inspiration.

I remember growing up in the late 80s and 90s just wishing I could one day be Shawn Ray. A young successful black man... Lee haney was always saying that Shawn ray would be Mr Olympia one day and I was always waiting for that to happen...

Shit, I remember watching American Muscle where they did a feature of Shawn Ray where he ate and trained. He would go to places like Sizzler after the gym to eat some steak with his friend. I also remember watching him on the Dating Game at one point! And it seemed like the other lady wasnt too happy with the guy that chose her.....she kept playing with Shawn with the beach ball and pretty much ignored the other dude! LOL it was funny

It was great to see Shawn Ray on the Dating Game...cant believe how long ago that was!!

Yeah...I wished my idol would compete again but I am happy for him that he is blessed with a great family and career.... 

Danny-Boy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2007, 09:57:41 AM »
Shawn--honest question---- what's the best-- the chicken adobo? or the lumpia? feel free to answer--coz i know u had to have gotten into the Filipino mix

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2007, 10:11:29 AM »
Shawn,

Do you remember being on the Phil Donahue Show with some other guys where you all were considered the most "eligible bachelors", or something like that? I remember some chick asking a question from the audience and you responded that many women were interested in you because of what you do and your travelling the world as a bodybuilder. The audience started to boo a little because many thought your answer made you sound arrogant. LOL
!

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2007, 10:13:27 AM »
I bet you Shawn loves that fried lumpia...the meat one not the vegetable...he's a brotha...all brothas love fried food!!!

charles-benner

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2007, 10:57:44 AM »
Mr. Ray it sounds like you enjoy being off the stage, and promoting now and running family and business, but forget about my first question and coming back to compete with the young guns, but just say they bring the Masters olympia back, would you ever think of hitting that stage for one show, just to say you have done that, I mean you at 75 to 80% of your potentioal could beat anyone up there so have you ever thought about that if it came back.

Scott Markey

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2007, 11:07:10 AM »
Boom !!
Per Bernal ?

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2007, 03:29:33 PM »
Masters, Invite, Compete, No.
I simply have outgrown "Competing" you'd think once you realize you've done all there is to do with you body, developmentwise moving on would be the next logical step and developing other facets in life.
Friendship, Marriage, Family, Business, Etc.
I'm doing all of the above, loving every minute and using my time wisely, especially the time I would normally have spent in the gym.
Watching my daughter grow up, planning for the future, promoting, helping others, charity, event planning it all is a great time!
Competition was never fun for me. It was Business, ALL BUSINESS!
Therefore, in closing: I have simply traded the selfish focus of competing for Shawn Ray and exchanged it for helping others, spending quality time with people I'm close to and developing other business outlets that interest me. ;D
Not a bad exchange when you leave on your own terms and still remain a fan and active member of the industry which includes posting on these boards with you guys supporting Get Big.com & my dear friend, Ron Avidan!
Peace, ;)
S

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2007, 03:38:37 PM »
How often you workout nowadays Shawn and how intense??