Author Topic: Brett Favre looks like a feeble old man  (Read 2012 times)

Pete Dimano

• Getbig III
Brett Favre looks like a feeble old man
« on: August 18, 2007, 09:24:11 PM »
he looks lost and dazed out there.  Skinny too.

retire, brett.
!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Brett Favre looks like a feeble old man
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 11:22:50 AM »

retire, brett.

his brain has been smashed over the past few years... he hasn't been right emotionally since  his wife's illnesss, he should have retired 6 years ago when he considered it the first time

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 07:34:58 AM »
Aside from the fact that I think he should spell his name Brett Farr, since that's how it's pronounced, I think the man's awesome, one of the top 3 QB's ever.

It's Brett, and then there's Montana. The third spot is between a bunch of guys: Elway, Brady.
As empty as paradise

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 07:36:59 AM »
Aside from the fact that I think he should spell his name Brett Farr, since that's how it's pronounced, I think the man's awesome, one of the top 3 QB's ever.

It's Brett, and then there's Montana. The third spot is between a bunch of guys: Elway, Brady.

It's pronounce farve, you pronounce the v, it's just not pronounced fav-ray, the way it looks.
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 08:16:32 AM »

Favre, then Montana? You're out of your fucking mind, dude.

You sure as shit don't know football if you think Favre is better than Montana was.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 08:27:38 AM »

You sure as shit don't know football
if you think Favre is better than Montana was.

I wouldn't go that far, it's definitely debatable.
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 11:27:55 AM »
I wouldn't go that far, it's definitely debatable.

How so, my man? The guy is basically saying Favre is the greatest of all time(his top three). He's not and that shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.

Favre is no where near as great as Joe Montana was. Favre's accolades can't touch Montana in terms of Super Bowl accomplishments and career wins. Favre's decision making skills during high pressure situations has ALWAYS been questionable. Montana? Let's see here......How about NO INTERCEPTIONS in four career Super Bowl appearances. Pretty spectacular. He's the most poised quarterback I've ever seen in big games.

Argubly, I'd say Montana is up there with Unitas as the greatest quarterback of all time.

Favre is certainly a first ballot hall of famer (on durability alone)but he can't touch Montana's greatness.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 11:30:50 AM »
How so, my man? The guy is basically saying Favre is the greatest of all time(his top three). He's not and that shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.

Favre is no where near as great as Joe Montana was. Favre's accolades can't touch Montana in terms of Super Bowl accomplishments and career wins. Favre's decision making skills during high pressure situations has ALWAYS been questionable. Montana? Let's see here......How about NO INTERCEPTIONS in four career Super Bowl appearances. Pretty spectacular.

Argubly, I'd say Montana is up there with Unitas as the greatest quarterback of all time.

Montana had Jerry Rice, didn't his production drop when he went to KC? Was he as durable as Favre? I am not saying one is better than the other, just that it can be debated. I look at the teams people play for, Barry Sanders was better than Emmitt, but he played for the Lions. Green Bay was good for a few years, but they were not the dynasty that the Niners were when they had Montana.
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 11:36:24 AM »
Montana had Jerry Rice, didn't his production drop when he went to KC? Was he as durable as Favre? I am not saying one is better than the other, just that it can be debated. I look at the teams people play for, Barry Sanders was better than Emmitt, but he played for the Lions. Green Bay was good for a few years, but they were not the dynasty that the Niners were when they had Montana.

Actually, Montana took KC to the 1994 AFC championship with a bunch of receivers you've never heard of and followed that up with another playoff appearance in 1995 before calling it a career. His production only dropped in my mind because of mounting injuries. He had major back surgery in the late 80's and a nasty elbow surgery and rehabilitation in 1993.

No question he wasn't as durable as Favre. Favre had some great offenses in his prime years so you can't put it on Montana having Jerry Rice. Every great hall of fame worthy QB in NFL history had a great go to receiver.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 11:40:35 AM »
Actually, Montana took KC to the 1994 AFC championship and followed that up with another playoff appearance in 1995 before calling it a career. His production only dropped in my mind because of mounting injuries. He had major back surgery in the late 80's and a nasty elbow surgery and rehabilitation in 1993.

No question he wasn't as durable as Favre. Favre had some great offenses in his prime years so you can't put it on Montana having Jerry Rice. Every great hall of fame worthy QB in NFL history had a great go to receiver.

I am a huge Montana fan, so I am not going to argue. When the SB was in Detroit two years ago, I actually paid 250 bucks for a dinner to just hear him talk. He was cool as fuck and even signed a football for my nephew. That being said, I think Favre is the best thing that has happened to the NFL in the past 20 years, maybe not better than Montana, but probably the most well liked player of his period, kind of like Cal Ripken for baseball.
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 12:38:01 PM »
Did you know that Montana supposedly fucked Jenna Jameson?

That's an old rumor. Did you hear anything about that, Danielson?

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 12:51:20 PM »

jenna has said that she didn't fuck montana, but that she met him . . . she's a fan too.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 01:04:32 PM »

You sure as shit don't know football if you think Favre is better than Montana was.

Sorry, you interpreted me wrong.

Favre and Montana are in a league of their own IMO.

As for the greatest player in ovalball history, nobody is even close to Jerry Rice IMO. He's so far ahead the next on his position, and has overall "value", that it's a no-brainer.
As empty as paradise

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 01:09:57 PM »
Sorry, you interpreted me wrong.

Favre and Montana are in a league of their own IMO.

As for the greatest player in ovalball history, nobody is even close to Jerry Rice IMO. He's so far ahead the next on his position, and has overall "value", that it's a no-brainer.

Sorry. Didn't mean to jump down your throat. I'm a big Montana fan. I think he was greatest ever. It's debatable, of course like most things are but I'm stand by my opinion.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 01:38:28 PM »

retire, brett.

He will always have a cannon, but it's time for him to step aside.

I'll never forget that playoff game against the rams (back in 01 or 02) when he threw like 6 ints. He was just winging those bastards....lol...I was thinking .....get him out of there...it' cool he wants all those records, so I guess as long as he can hang around like emmitt did..go for it. LOL.

Rodgers has to love his job. Easiest millions made next to Ki Jana Carter.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 02:03:58 PM »

No, never heard that one. She is too skinny now, I think she is on meth.
E

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 06:55:05 AM »
Actually, Montana took KC to the 1994 AFC championship with a bunch of receivers you've never heard of and followed that up with another playoff appearance in 1995 before calling it a career. His production only dropped in my mind because of mounting injuries. He had major back surgery in the late 80's and a nasty elbow surgery and rehabilitation in 1993.

The offenses Farve had were not that great talent-wise.  He had good tight ends for one year 95-96.  He had Sterling Sharpe at wide out for a couple of years before the packers got good.  He had Antonio Freeman--a slow footed receiver.  And he had Robert Brooks--good for a year or two then he blew out his knee 

The packers won the superbowl with journeymen wideouts and a second rate running game.

Montana had the finest mind of any quarterback.  He had an average arm and feeble physical skills, but like Larry Bird, he thrived b/c he was brilliant.  In my opinion, Montana is far and away the best quarterback of modern times.  The only guy coming close to him is Tom Brady.

Everyone else is a footnote. 

...and I'm a green bay fan.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 06:56:45 AM »
As for Farve looking feeble, he's playing for records now.  He's still the best quarterback in the North division.

But Green Bay has a great defense this year and if the team starts winning, I think Brett will really put his heart into it and may play for another year.