Author Topic: PitBull stabbed with hunting knife...**GRAPHIC PIC***  (Read 3831 times)

jmt1

• Getbig IV
PitBull stabbed with hunting knife...**GRAPHIC PIC***
« on: August 15, 2007, 08:33:42 PM »
Pit bull recovers from stab wound

By JENNIFER BRETT
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 08/15/07

They're calling her Lucky.

A female pit bull who was brought to the Atlanta Humane Society Wednesday morning with a hunting knife stuck in its head has pulled through surgery just fine.

"I was just petting her 15 minutes ago," AHS president Carl E. Leveridge said Wednesday afternoon. "Her little tail was wagging. I was amazed. "

The organization doesn't know much about the dog, only that it was brought in from a local veterinarian's office. The owner reported he discovered the dog injured Wednesday morning, according to information the AHS was provided. Leveridge said he'd tried without luck to reach the owner, whose name was not released, and says the dog may be a candidate for adoption. Moving forward, the dog could need ongoing treatment.

"We want to observe her for a couple of days, and we would like to spay her," Leveridge said."We're not out of the woods yet."

The dog is a year to 18 months old. Its appearance shocked the staff at the AHS Wednesday morning.

"I don't think you could see worse abuse than this," Leveridge said as veterinary tech Ashanti Taylor calmed the animal before surgery. "Somebody has to be a very sick individual."

Veterinarian Paula Murray performed the surgery, which took about 45 minutes.

"It was tough to get the knife out," Leveridge said. "It was stuck in bone."

Leveridge said the AHS will offer a reward for information that leads to the conviction of the guilty party.
http://www.ajc.com/living/content/living/pets/stories/2007/08/15/pitbull_0815_002.html

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Re: PitBull stabbed with hunting knife...
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 08:36:51 PM »
hmm . . . pit bulls must not use their frontal lobes too much

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 08:52:01 PM »
Please change the subject or the post to include a graphic content warning  :'(
:

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 09:04:26 PM »
Please change the subject or the post to include a graphic content warning  :'(

sorry to shock you with the pics princess....atleast she pulled through and is going to be ok.

i always find it amazing that these dogs can suffer through some of the most terrible abuse imaginable and still show up wagging their tails and be friendly towards humans.

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 09:18:50 PM »
It's the real world Princess Leah, if you cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen, it's life, you need to see things like this.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 11:50:52 PM »
Maybe its just me, but those photos seriously look faked.  That knife just doesnt look right compared to the dog..... 

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Re: PitBull stabbed with hunting knife...**GRAPHIC PIC**
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 04:02:20 AM »
It's the real world Princess Leah, if you cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen, it's life, you need to see things like this.

On this board we put up warnings, not everyone needs/wants to see graphic pictures of cruelty to know it is out there.   We require if possible a link to the picture(s) is provided so people can read the information and then chose to go look further, but if that is not possible then a *GRAPHIC WARNING* must be put on the thread title, which I have added to this thread.

JimmyTheFish

• Getbig III
Re: PitBull stabbed with hunting knife...**GRAPHIC PIC***
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 07:06:09 AM »
Jesus what the fuck is wrong with people  :-\

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 07:54:25 AM »
Maybe its just me, but those photos seriously look faked.  That knife just doesnt look right compared to the dog..... 

when i first came across the story i wasnt sure about that first pic either. unfortunetly it is very real.  the vet who removed the knife said the blade just came up short of hitting her brain.

Dog Stabbed In Skull Will Survive
POSTED: 12:27 pm EDT August 15, 2007
UPDATED: 6:26 pm EDT August 15, 2007

ATLANTA -- A pit bull was rushed to the Atlanta Humane Society Wednesday, with a knife in its skull.
Pit bulls often have a bad reputation as being aggressive dogs, but Mama, the injured dog, is very sweet, said the dog's owner.
Mama's owner found the injured pit bull in the front yard of his southwest Atlanta home with the knife protruding out of her head.

The owner rushed Mama to the Atlanta Humane Society in midtown, and turned custody of the dog over to the agency.
Humane Society workers took X-rays of the dog, which clearly show the blade of the knife embedded in the dog's skull, stopping just short of her brain.
The owner told workers he did not know how the knife got into the Mama's skull.
"I've seen my share of cruelty cases, but nothing like this," said worker P.J. Smith.

X-ray pictures show the knife was clearly embedded in the dog's skull.
But the story appears to have a happy ending.
Dr. Paula Murray performed surgey on Mama to get the blade out. Within minutes after the operation, Mama was up and alert.
"We were finally able to get it out, which is good," Murray said. "We kind of feel like most of it is just in the bone and maybe in the sinuses."
Mama is now in stable condition recovering at the clinic.
Workers said she will survive the injury.
"On a scale of 1 to 10, I would say she's 10 on the scale of being lucky," Murray said. "There is the possibility of swelling, but hopeful we'll be able to combat that and she'll do OK."
Humane workers said that Mama doesn't seem to know what happened or how she wound up at the clinic. They said they hope she never remembers.
Now, the knife is a key piece of evidence as investigators search for the person who stabbed the dog.
The Humane Society is offering a $1,000 reward for information.
"If anyone knows anything about this we just hope that they come forward," Murray said. "Whoever inflicted this horrible act on this poor helpless animal hopefully they'll be caught."
http://www.cbs46.com/news/13899018/detail.html#

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 10:01:32 AM »
I hope they saved the knife so they can stick it with who ever did this

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 01:15:32 PM »
=

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 07:03:16 PM »
I hope they saved the knife so they can stick it with who ever did this
seriously

what the fuck- >:(---its a nice looking dog too, a cute blue pit------looks real people friendly also

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 07:39:41 PM »
fuck, that had to hurt.

look at that vicious pitbull trying to kill everyone who touches it ::)

poor dog is just sitting there, probably got herself one hell of a headache.

I hate people >:(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!