Author Topic: What year did BODYBUILDING die ???  (Read 8899 times)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Re: What year did BODYBUILDING die ???
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2007, 08:13:49 AM »
For fuck sake i know Getbig as a whole gets a lil delusional sometimes, but Jayjonna or however its spelled, how in the name of god had bodybuilding died? Are there less tickets being sold? Less magazines being sold? Less competitors? More bb's dying? Less competitions? More skinny people walking around? What?
Bodybuilding isn't dying, you're just realizing you're a skinny bitch with no place in bbing.

When it became more about being a drug user than being a hard trainer and good dieter was when bodybuilding died you numb nuts. Now get the fuck off my thread you tiny tit.

L

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2007, 08:19:41 AM »

When it became more about being a drug user than being a hard trainer and good dieter was when bodybuilding died you numb nuts. Now get the fuck off my thread you tiny tit.

So have you ever seen one of the bb training videos? They work out pretty hard.. who doesnt. Theres lazy people in every sport,and there were lazies back in the old days too. And yknow what, they used a load of drugs back then too, theres just new drugs now. And its still about eating right, you think the mr olympia eats at the King every night? You still haven't answered my question your photoshopped little bitch. 

As far as diet goes...when they diet down..you think thats all drugs?? Look at the 80s and 90s, and think about the extreme abuse of dihuretics(sp?), thats what really kills bb's, yet for some reason bodybuilding wasn't dead then?

So "Jae", you want a spoon?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2007, 08:21:29 AM »
So have you ever seen one of the bb training videos? They work out pretty hard.. who doesnt. Theres lazy people in every sport,and there were lazies back in the old days too. And yknow what, they used a load of drugs back then too, theres just new drugs now. And its still about eating right, you think the mr olympia eats at the King every night? You still haven't answered my question your photoshopped little bitch. 

As far as diet goes...when they diet down..you think thats all drugs?? Look at the 80s and 90s, and think about the extreme abuse of dihuretics(sp?), thats what really kills bb's, yet for some reason bodybuilding wasn't dead then?

So "Jae", you want a spoon?
hahahahah ill pass on the 'spooning'
I must of struck a nerve, man this gets too easy.
L

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2007, 08:29:06 AM »
You didn't strike a nerve, but you start a thread making wacky claims that bodybuilding is dying, so i start a little debate, with REAL questions and comments and you act like a bitch. Guess you're just proving that bodybuilding ISNT dead and will never die.

And as for the spoon comment, i asked if you wanted A spoon, yknow, so you can eat my ass.

The Jayhawker

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2007, 11:58:06 AM »

1991 with Lee Haney's last win. After that strait down. In fact you could debate that it actually began to die with his first win 1984.

1980 is when it started to become truly corrupt. Here's a quote about it :

"All 15 competitors are unanimous in their belief that selecting Arnold was a bad decision on the part of the judges. Even the CBS Sports crew were shocked, expecting Mike Mentzer as the champion. Even Bill Peark (who did not vote), said he would never have picked Arnold."
J

suckmymuscle

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2007, 01:48:18 PM »
1993. Dorian took bodybuilding as far as it could go and looked as good as a human male is ever going to look - but from 94 it, [and he], became a disgusting, bloated, insulin addled joke. Ronnie made things even worse. Words can't describe the abomination that is Cutler.

Outstanding post, except that Dorian redeemed himself and his bodybuilding glory in 1995. That was, arguably, the best blend of mass, symmetry and conditioning any bodybuilder has displayed. Some might be bigger and some might be more symmetrical, and some might be as conditioned, but none had all things like Dorian 1995.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2007, 02:35:35 PM »
at the latest when Yates got to be Mr. O.

agreed.

dorian took the sport in a downward direction.

the Mr. O's before and after him had great muscle shape, a great back, taper and detail.

he had a great back too, but the rest of him was blocky size and little else.

even in 95..
Flower Boy Ran Away

WetWorker

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2007, 02:39:05 PM »
I don't know what year it died or if its even dead but I am sure a trio competing by the names of Goodrum, billy gunz, and squadfather could bring it back from the dead!  That is if it even is dead

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2007, 02:41:47 PM »
thanks to the hardcore fans like you guys on this bodybuilding site bodybuilding will never die.

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2007, 04:59:41 PM »
Bodybuilding dies when Arnold and Sly stopped making quality action movies.

OneBigMan

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2007, 05:45:14 PM »
What year did Bodybuilding die?

When I easily decided to stop buying bodybuilding magazines after the year 2002, I thought the so-called sport was dead.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2007, 05:49:38 PM »
1993. Dorian took bodybuilding as far as it could go and looked as good as a human male is ever going to look - but from 94 it, [and he], became a disgusting, bloated, insulin addled joke. Ronnie made things even worse. Words can't describe the abomination that is Cutler.

I agree about the 94 part. That was a total disgrace

I think yates did look pretty good in 93, but I don't think his physique was the best of all-time at that show. I'd have to go with Flex at 93 ASC or Flex at the 96 NOC, perhaps Shawn Ray at the 94 O, or Cormier at the 99 O

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2007, 06:37:53 PM »
I agree about the 94 part. That was a total disgrace

agreed.

94 was bad because it set the precedence that the second place competitor can dominate the first place competitor and still lose.. :-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2007, 07:30:40 PM »
bodybuilding died when you came to this world
TEAM WOLF

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2007, 07:32:42 PM »

yates with torn muscles beating a perfect ray and others.

Wienberg controlling the judging.

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2007, 08:11:26 PM »
From a "mainstream" standpoint...it was never alive.....no growth to the sport and an actual decline in popularity and perception with other sports related drug scandals. Compare our sport to the rising popularity of MMA for example. Zero respect now as all attributed to chemical consumption, and only the hardore fringe remains. It truly is a "cult".  LONG LIVE THE CULT!!!!!!

PS. Just look at the SAME damn ugly people attending the Olympia every year!!LOL. Me included!

The Coach

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2007, 08:32:11 PM »
When growth, insulin, igf1 etc got into it.

Not so much the GH, it's been around forever, when insulin was introduced, thats when the quality of physiques went down.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2007, 08:42:44 PM »
Are there less tickets being sold? Less magazines being sold? Less competitors? More bb's dying? Less competitions? More skinny people walking around? What?

Bodybuilding isn't dying, you're just realizing you're a skinny bitch with no place in bbing.

In the 80's the Mr. O was on network television. It was then relegated to cable. Now, there isn't a single bodybuilding competition broadcast on television. There also used to be bodybuilding training show on ESPN, as well as one on MSG which was hosted by Tom Terwilliger. Those have disappeared.

Back in the day, I went to a Night of Champions show in the Beacon Theatre, which seats about 4K. The evening show was sold out. Now, that same event is held in a 1000 seat venue.

Bodybuilding isn't dead, but there's no denying that it has declined in popularity in recent times.

The Coach

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2007, 08:53:02 PM »
In the 80's the Mr. O was on network television. It was then relegated to cable. Now, there isn't a single bodybuilding competition broadcast on television. There also used to be bodybuilding training show on ESPN, as well as one on MSG which was hosted by Tom Terwilliger. Those have disappeared.

Back in the day, I went to a Night of Champions show in the Beacon Theatre, which seats about 4K. The evening show was sold out. Now, that same event is held in a 1000 seat venue.

Bodybuilding isn't dead, but there's no denying that it has declined in popularity in recent times.

Haha, funny you mention that. Over the weekend, we were flipping through channels and on ESPN they had the Scrabble championships on...LOL!

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2007, 08:58:02 PM »
Olympia coverage cancelled for the National "Spelling Bee"....

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2007, 05:06:35 PM »
There was a weight training show with Cory Everson on ESPN way back when.  When that show changed to all aerobics, bodybuilding died.

djohnsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2007, 01:23:32 PM »
Bodybuilding isn't dead, it alive and kicking :o

No doubt that bodybuilding has become too extreme.
I'm chocked when I read about what BB today have
to take to be competitive. After I found out this,
BB for me isn't that fascinating as it used to be.
They aren't getting bigger they are getting uglier.

As far as MR. Olympia it was after 2002. That year
it was great. After that it's boring, no fun.

Dave Czech

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2007, 01:28:12 PM »
1991-then already only clowns,synthol  ,shit  :( :(

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2007, 01:42:10 PM »

Bodybuilding died when synthol was introduced/invented.

On a competitive level, it died from about '98 onwards when Ronnie with his ridiculous abs and tiny calves were winning every year.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2007, 01:50:13 PM »
agreed.

94 was bad because it set the precedence that the second place competitor can dominate the first place competitor and still lose.. :-\

lmfao dominate

Quote Flex Dec 1995

" In 1994 , he ( Dorian ) was admittedly not at his best , but he was still the best bodybuilder onstage that day. No one not even runner-up Shawn Ray,disagreed with that stance on the night of Yates' threepeat. "

quote Shawn Ray Flex Jan 1995 " Tonight I feel I got what I deserved "

go away with your nonsense , dominate Ha !!