Author Topic: ufc 75 upsets?  (Read 1600 times)

milfer

• Getbig III
ufc 75 upsets?
« on: August 21, 2007, 08:10:54 AM »
  which one is most likely to get upset at ufc 75?                               

Rampage vs Henderson
               bisping  vs hamill
               crocop  vs Kongo
?

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: ufc 75 upsets?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 12:46:47 PM »
  which one is most likely to get upset at ufc 75?                               

Rampage vs Henderson
               bisping  vs hamill
               crocop  vs Kongo

I haven't seen kongo fight but I'm gonna assume dana's not gonna put cro cop in with anyone too too dangerous and hamil (imo) really doesn't belong in there with bisping.......

hendo's got a great chance of beating rampage in fact I'm not so sure I'd even call it an upset

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 01:44:42 PM »
I haven't seen kongo fight but I'm gonna assume dana's not gonna put cro cop in with anyone too too dangerous and hamil (imo) really doesn't belong in there with bisping.......

hendo's got a great chance of beating rampage in fact I'm not so sure I'd even call it an upset

Was going to say myself that Hendo over Rampage or Page over Hendo wouldn't really constitute an upset. They're both amazing fighters and it's probably going to come down to who wants it more that night. I'm leaning towards Hendo.

Kongo's a decent fighter but I suspect CroCop is going to be out for blood and he needs to redeem himself big time. He won't let himself lose to Kongo.

I'm still not on the Bisping bandwagon that every TUF fanboy has been on so I'm going to with Hamil standing the best chance for an upset.

DNewbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 01:56:07 PM »
Hendo is the favorite....Out of these 3 fights, I would say Rampage has the best chance to upset. Bisping will be too strong for Hamill and Cro Cop is pissed off, so he will beat up on Kongo. If you haven't watched Kongo fight, he is terrible on the ground and also defending the takedown. If Cro Cop was smart, he would tackle him and ground and pound him until the ref stops it....

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 02:00:20 PM »
Was going to say myself that Hendo over Rampage or Page over Hendo wouldn't really constitute an upset. They're both amazing fighters and it's probably going to come down to who wants it more that night. I'm leaning towards Hendo.

Kongo's a decent fighter but I suspect CroCop is going to be out for blood and he needs to redeem himself big time. He won't let himself lose to Kongo.

I'm still not on the Bisping bandwagon that every TUF fanboy has been on so I'm going to with Hamil standing the best chance for an upset.

Hendo-Page:  Anyone's guess.  Page has the better standup though, is bigger and stronger.  Hendo is better in the clinch and has that right hand. 

Crocop should steamroll Kongo.

Bisping should be able to beat Hamil standing.  But he is no way top tier.  The UFC is protecting him big time.  He will be the face of European events.  I wish they would feed him to Machida.  Chuck, Page, Hendo, Machida, Shogun, Wandy even Tito are all better than him. 

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 04:05:15 PM »

I know it sounds pretty cold but I don't want to have to endure another post fight interview if Hamil wins

milfer

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 05:00:56 PM »
kongo's 6' 4''  240lbs and a great stand up fighter if he keep's it their he win's.. but he has no ground game at all, and personally i never seen crocop on the ground.

the only real upset would be crocop.
?

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 05:20:39 PM »
Hendo-Page:  Anyone's guess.  Page has the better standup though, is bigger and stronger.  Hendo is better in the clinch and has that right hand. 

Crocop should steamroll Kongo.

Bisping should be able to beat Hamil standing.  But he is no way top tier.  The UFC is protecting him big time.  He will be the face of European events.  I wish they would feed him to Machida.  Chuck, Page, Hendo, Machida, Shogun, Wandy even Tito are all better than him. 

I agree with just about everything you said, dead on assesment.  I'm still not convinced about Bisping, and if he beats Hamil, I still will not be convinced.
Predictions
 40/61

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 06:34:32 PM »
kongo's 6' 4''  240lbs and a great stand up fighter if he keep's it their he win's.. but he has no ground game at all, and personally i never seen crocop on the ground.

the only real upset would be crocop.

Crocop is a K1 level striker.  Crocop will counterpunch, kick his way to victory. 

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 01:37:59 AM »
I agree with just about everything you said, dead on assesment.  I'm still not convinced about Bisping, and if he beats Hamil, I still will not be convinced.

I bet Bisping's next fight with be again Mike Von Arsdale.

milfer

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 07:44:50 AM »
i'm on bisping's bandwagon he showed he had heart and balls beating sinosic who's fought some of the best fighters in the world griffin,tanner,ortiz and even beat horn. i think he has potential to be a champ someday.

plus it looks like he's got a great work ethic.
?

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 08:13:05 AM »
bisbing will beat the snot outta hamil, as hamil doesn't have the aggression bisbinger does

crocop will redeem against cheick....although cheick kongo is one big mf'er

hendy/page?  hmmmm.....i give a slight advantage to hendy...

sholtstraining

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 08:58:25 AM »
Hendo vs rampage= Hendo wins(not an upset at all..but it is very close machup)

Bisbing vs Hamill= To me this fight is just as even as the above fight,but i say bisbing wins, cuz hamill will gas. & bisbing's to well rounded, but bisbing is still not anywhere near a top 205 contender like many think

Cropcop vs Kongo= I honestly believe there is very good chance for an upset here, congo has terrrible and i mean terrible take down defense as well as ground game..crop cop has a mean stand up,and everyknows bout his left kick..but kongo is just as nasty with his stand up and hes faster,stonger,taller than cropcop... and he  is just as aggresive....personally kongo is in better cardiovascular shape as well..if it stays up kongo CAN pull it off, if it goes down ......steamroll win for cropcop from his famous hammer fists,

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 10:24:55 AM »
are you kidding me? kongo is agressive but shit hes way slower than crop, less angular with his strikes, less skill.
mirko totally (arrogantly) underestimated gonzaga but he wont this fight and i guarentee you next time he faces gonzaga he will win.
He beat himself last time.
I got Mirko knock out first round
Henderson the distance
bisping by boring his opponent to death

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 12:11:31 PM »
are you kidding me? kongo is agressive but shit hes way slower than crop, less angular with his strikes, less skill.
mirko totally (arrogantly) underestimated gonzaga but he wont this fight and i guarentee you next time he faces gonzaga he will win.
He beat himself last time.
I got Mirko knock out first round
Henderson the distance
bisping by boring his opponent to death

When Mirko loses, he beats himself.  He tends to be a bully, and when things don't go his way, folds.  See his fight with Michael McDonald in K1, his fight with Fedor, Hunt in Pride.  He was totally unprepared for this fight with Napao.  He used closed guard, and wrist location to defend the GNP.  Got the snot beat out of him on his back, and was near out on his feet at the standup.  He was looking at the clock, then bang, Right head kick.