Author Topic: 5 year Iraqi boy doused in gasoline and set aflame....  (Read 1760 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
5 year Iraqi boy doused in gasoline and set aflame....
« on: August 22, 2007, 09:04:00 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/08/22/iraq.boy/index.html

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Five-year-old Youssif is scarred for life, his once beautiful smile turned into a grotesquely disfigured face -- the face of a horrifying act by masked men. They grabbed him on a January day outside his central Baghdad home, doused him with gas and set him ablaze.
It's an act incomprehensibly savage, even by Iraq's standards today. No one has been arrested and the motive remains unknown.
In a war-ravaged city torn by sectarian violence and marked by acts of vengeance, this attack's apparent randomness stands out as an example of what life has become in a place where brutality -- even against young children -- is a constant.
"They dumped gasoline, burned me, and ran," Youssif told CNN, pointing down the street with his scarred hands where his attackers fled.  See photographs of Youssif before and after the attack »
As he sucked his thumb, he repeated, "I was burning." He tried to put the flames out himself.
It looks as though this boy's face melted and then froze into rivers cutting through swollen hard flesh. It's hard to see the energetic outgoing child his parents describe beneath the sullen demeanor that defines Youssif today.
"He's become spiteful, I am not sure why," said his mother, Zainab. "He is jealous of everyone. If I say the slightest thing to him, he cries. He's sensitive."  Watch the mother describe how she cries at night wracked with guilt »
Even things like eating have become a chore. His face contorts when he tries to shovel rice into his mouth, carefully angling the spoon and then using his fingers to push the little grains through lips he can no longer fully open.
 He has also become jealous of the baby sister he used to dote on. "I sit sometimes at night and cry," Zainab said, her voice heavy with guilt. "If only I hadn't let him go outside, if only I hadn't let him play."
It was on January 15 that masked men attacked her boy, their identities still unknown. Zainab said she was upstairs at the time.
"I heard screaming. I thought someone was fighting or something," she said.
She ran downstairs, saw her son and fainted. When she came to, she barely recognized her child. "His head was so swollen, you couldn't see his eyes, and his nose was pushed in."
"There was blood," she added, shuddering slightly. "The skin was melted off."
He spent two months in the hospital recovering from the severe burns. These days Youssif spends most of his time indoors, in front of the computer. It's only then that traces of the 5-year-old in him emerge. "He can't play outside with the other kids," Zainab said. "The other day they were playing, and he came in crying. I asked him, 'What's wrong?' and he said, 'They won't play with me because I am burned.'"
 She said he once wanted to be a doctor and he loved kindergarten. "He used to be the one who would wake me up every morning, saying let's go to school," Zainab recalled.
She coaxed him to tell me the few words he knows in English. "Girl, boy, window, fan," he said, his voice barely audible, the words barely intelligible.
Doctors told the family there is little more they can do to help Youssif. The family can't afford care outside Iraq.
So Zainab has taken a massive risk by telling her story to the world. Her husband works as a security guard, and it's too dangerous for him to talk to the media.
"I'd prefer death than seeing my son like this," Zainab said.
All she wants is for someone to help her little boy smile again.

Yup, the US are the bad guys in this. What the fuck is wrong with these rag heads? Just further proof that most muslims are nothing more than slightly evolved apes. Sad that these clowns think they're doing this to protect Islam or their "homeland". I'm amazed that whoever did this can probably look in the mirror and feel no remorse for it. Hopefully someone helps this kid out.

Or wait, this is probably US propaganda.  ::)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: 5 year Iraqi boy doused in gasoline and set aflame....
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 12:46:48 AM »
ISLAM IS GAY

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 04:13:28 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/08/23/iraq.boyfolo/index.html

After thousands of people inquired as to how they could help the boy, a non-profit burn center is going to pay for all of his treatment and bring him to the US. Pretty cool.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 04:49:55 PM »
Thanks, BerzerkFury, for bringing to light yet another "faith-based initiative."

... and people say religion isn't a load of dung...

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 05:10:29 PM »
Thanks, BerzerkFury, for bringing to light yet another "faith-based initiative."

... and people say religion isn't a load of dung...

It just amazes me that these apes could set a 5 year old boy on fire who was doing nothing more than playing in his yard and think they're accomplishing something. All in the name of the motherland!!!! Just further proof that Islam is one fucked up religion that needs eradication. Just like all religions. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 07:46:30 PM »
One culture(the US) is clearly superior.. It's clear.

Of course people will say these people are equals and it was the US' fault the little boy was burned and not arabs.  ::)

These people, along with us, had a chance at mutual benefit in terms of democracy and having their nation rebuilt in return for some oil. They've chosen another path. Some of it isn't their fault as foreign fighters make up most of their insurgents, but the whole shia vs. sunni vs. kurd thing is fucking stupid.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 12:58:56 AM »
It just amazes me that these apes could set a 5 year old boy on fire who was doing nothing more than playing in his yard and think they're accomplishing something. All in the name of the motherland!!!! Just further proof that Islam is one fucked up religion that needs eradication. Just like all religions

Damn right - it's the cause of most evil in this world. And I'm not just talking about Islam - the Christians have got their cross to bear too (no pun intended).

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 03:20:53 AM »
Damn right - it's the cause of most evil in this world. And I'm not just talking about Islam - the Christians have got their cross to bear too (no pun intended).

Oh boy, the traditional cliche of posting of how Christian is just as bad as islam.

No thread criticising anything to do with islam would be complete without it!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 12:02:57 PM »
I saw the special on CNN.. Man, it was fucking sad.  :-\ Just a kid and his body and face ruined forever.