Author Topic: knee contusion  (Read 3460 times)

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
knee contusion
« on: May 07, 2008, 01:30:10 AM »
have a knee contusion from jiujitsu.  Just landed on the knee and has been sore for a while.  Both to the touch and when I compress the knee joint (by stretching quads for example).  Anything I can do to improve this?  Ice etc I suppose would help a bit.

Can I train legs in the gym?  Obviously if it hurts I won't but if not would it be okay?  Your thoughts please!
It hasn't helped...

SpeedDemon

• Getbig II
  • Hard work pays off
Re: knee contusion
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 03:56:44 PM »
What kind of pain is it??

what part of the knee??

how long ago??

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 11:55:30 PM »
What kind of pain is it??

what part of the knee??

how long ago??

Feels like a bad bruise

The knee cap and a small part of the surrounding area

Happened about a month ago
It hasn't helped...

eho

• Getbig II
  • Support Canadian Chiropractic
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 03:22:10 PM »
Could be patello-femoral joint, or just plain contusion.  With a contusion, you'd know because it's tender to the touch. 

with the joint, if you can get past touching the skin, straighten your leg and relax your quads..  you should be able to move your patella around without pain.   If moving your patella around is painful, like a deep boring bony pain, then you might have some damage at the patellofemoral joint (knee cap undersurface).   

typical ice, rest, maybe you can rub some kind of topical pain cream for the pain.
If it's been hurting for a month, you should feel like it's getting better.  if it's getting worse, go see a doctor for x-ray