Author Topic: BIG BIG BIG NEWS, THE WBBG IS BACK, JOE WEIDER....... KISS DAN LURIE'S ASS!!!  (Read 30690 times)

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
Well I returned late last night from a history making event..... the return the WBBG.
Old farts like me will remember shows like Dan Lurie's WBBG Mr. Olympus... a show that back in the day rivaled Joe Weiner's Mr. Olympia. Past winners of Dan's prestigious  event included none other the the world’s most gifted bodybuilders...Sergio Oliva and Serge Nubret.
I estimated that last night's event held no less that 6500 spectators and a mind boggling 275 competitors.
Dan Lurie himself was on hand to hand out the 7.5 foot 25 carrot gold plated trophies.
Here's a photo of the height class winers,Short glass guy( center )took the overal, I forgot where he's from other than somewhere in Massachusetts... you know that same state that has produced for many champions including the current Mr. O.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
Well I returned late last night from a history making event..... the return the WBBG.
Old farts like me will remember shows like Dan Lurie's WBBG Mr. Olympus... a show that back in the day rivaled Joe Weiner's Mr. Olympia. Past winners of Dan's prestigious  event included none other the the world’s most gifted bodybuilders...Sergio Oliva and Serge Nubret.
I estimated that last night's event held no less that 6500 spectators and a mind boggling 275 competitors.
Dan Lurie himself was on hand to hand out the 7.5 foot 25 carrot gold plated trophies.
Here's a photo of the height class winers,Short glass guy( center )took the overal, I forgot where he's from other than somewhere in Massachusetts... you know that same state that has produced for many champions including the current Mr. O.

::)

can you provide a pic of the audience....those guys don't look too impressive either
Here comes the money shot

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
Sorry, I it slipped my mind to do that. :'(

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
ha ha epic over crowding i bet bix couldnt move with all those people due to his imaginary lat syndrome

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
Winner of the female event.....

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
i think you mean male event

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
6500 spectators, that's a lot of people for a bodybuilding show.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
From the looks of the stage it looks like it was held in a high school auditorium and not many of those hold 6,500.

I call bullshit on the attendance estimates.  ;D
Elevate Your Image.™

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver

why is that man wearing a bikini... epic gh gut too  :-\
are you delusional?

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator

Tell me about it! My lats are tell bleeding from the rug burn effect I sustained just trying to move through the crowd to get to the bathroom and back during intermission.

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
From the looks of the stage it looks like it was held in a high school auditorium and not many of those hold 6,500.

I could be off by a give or take 50 amount  :D

marcus

• Getbig IV
Winner of the female event.....

Looks like they're already heading in the right direction...

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
...bleeding from the rug burn effect I sustained...
Lovely thanks for sharing.

Off by 5,000 my be a more realistic number.

Elevate Your Image.™

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
Lovely thanks for sharing.

Off by 5,000 my be a more realistic number.

Never doubt me, I have been to hundreds of shows and this one most certainly held the most I have ever seen.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
I have it from a reliable source there were under 100 people in attendance.  That and being held in a high school auditorium puts it in the same league as the IFBB Keystone Pro.

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
I have it from a reliable source there were under 100 people in attendance.  That and being held in a high school auditorium puts it in the same league as the IFBB Keystone Pro.

Don't believe Tim on this one, I have it from a reliable source that his source is unreliable.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN

Must be a "gay friendly" area....
HAHA, RON.....

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
Must be a "gay friendly" area....

Please leave sexual preferences OUT of this thread! :P

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
I have it from a reliable source that his source toooo unreliable.

that's for sure

But you know, this contest was really Doug Going's affair.  He should receive all the credit, or take all the blame, which ever the case may be.    Dan Lurie just let Doug use his name.

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
So, is WBBG a Professional organization?  I mean, you said Sergio did their shows back in the day.

This must be an amateur version, because those three wouldn't do much in the NPC even below the state level...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

Bix, any pics of the audience?  

From what I've seen, when attendance is good, those in attendance will snap lots of pics of the crowd to show what a success it was.  On the other hand, when there are 17 people in the crowd, everyone always forgets to snap one.  If there were 5000+ people at this bodybuilding show, it's one of the stories of the year, and a pic or two would certainly legitimize this claim.

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
That last guy's post got me thinking about SEX, that got me thinking about this fine lady.....

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
So, is WBBG a Professional organization?  I mean, you said Sergio did their shows back in the day.

Yes, Dan promoted amateur and pro contests back in the late 1960s into the 1980s.

http://danlurie.com/wbbg.php

http://danlurie.com/wbbg_contests.php

yes, this one was an amatuer contest

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
That last guy's post got me thinking about SEX, that got me thinking about this fine lady.....

:-X

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
Yes, Dan promoted amateur and pro contests back in the late 1960s into the 1980s.

http://danlurie.com/wbbg.php

http://danlurie.com/wbbg_contests.php

yes, this one was an amatuer contest
Thanks for the info.  Seriously, I don't remember anything about these guys.