Author Topic: Bill Clinton Praises Bush  (Read 568 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Bill Clinton Praises Bush
« on: August 27, 2007, 10:55:52 PM »
Hey Decker do you agree with Bill Clinton?   :)

Bill Clinton Praises Bush
Monday, August 27, 2007 9:42 AM Article Font Size   

Former President Bill Clinton has offered praise for President Bush and several of the foreign policy steps he has taken in his second administration.

In an interview with Conde Nast Traveler magazine now hitting newsstands, Clinton said Bush “has done three things that I think the world generally approved of: restoring cooperation with the Latin American countries, making a diplomatic agreement with North Korea instead of continuing to have a frigid standoff, and sending Americans to the conference to discuss the future of Iraq with the Iranians and Syrians.

“Those are, all three, things that signify we’re trying to do better in the world.”

Clinton said the more hard-line positions the Bush administration took earlier on those and other issues were understandable in the aftermath of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

“It took us a couple of years to regain our bearings, and I think we have now,” he told the magazine. “I think that we’re getting our balance back.”

Clinton’s remarks about Bush were not included in Conde Nast Traveler’s print edition, but they do appear on the travel magazine’s Web site.

Clinton also praised Bush for pressing for an end to the genocide in Darfur, and for seeking changes in the requirement that food for emergency assistance be purchased and shipped from the U.S.

Bush has proposed that 25 percent of such food aid can be purchased in the next nearest country, the New York Sun reports.

According to Clinton, that proposal would help “farmers in Africa and elsewhere where there’s hunger, and you get more food and you get it delivered more quickly.”

American farming and shipping interests oppose the move, the Sun reports, as do many members of Congress.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Bill_clinton_George_W_bus/2007/08/27/27649.html

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Bill Clinton Praises Bush
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 11:19:16 PM »

Bush did what?! ...must have been while Cheney was in the hospital getting his artificial heart thingy checked.  :P
w