Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
May 31, 2016, 10:35:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Trump Foot in Mouth Thread  (Read 365 times)
Dos Equis
Getbig V

I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

« on: April 14, 2016, 09:42:27 AM »

Should have started this months ago, but I mistakenly believed he would be a footnote already.  The person responsible for cleaning up Trump's repeated dumb comments must be burning the midnight oil. 

‘How’s Joe Paterno?’: Trump asks Pittsburgh crowd about dead Penn State coach
By Des Bieler
April 13, 2016

Pandering to local crowds is a staple of political campaigns everywhere, and Donald Trump’s is no different. But the key to successful pandering is knowing to whom you’re speaking and, of course, what you’re saying.

Trump was way off base on both those counts Wednesday, when he spoke before a crowd of supporters at a rally in Pittsburgh.

“I know a lot about Pennsylvania, and it’s great,” Trump said. Which is standard-issue stuff, but then things got awkward.

“How’s Joe Paterno?” Trump asked. “We’re gonna bring that back? Right? How about that whole deal?”

Paterno, for those who may have forgotten (including, possibly, a certain presidential candidate) died in 2012. (Wait, is bringing him back from the grave an essential part of making America great again?)

A campaign spokesperson subsequently clarified that Trump was referring to Paterno’s statue, which was taken down in 2012 in the wake of the scandal at Penn State involving former Paterno assistant Jerry Sandusky’s sexual abuse of children. That interpretation of Trump’s comments does jibe with the fact that he said “bring that back,” rather than “bring him back,” and it is true that many Penn State fans feel that Paterno was unjustly fired and want to see his pre-Sandusky legacy restored.

But even with that, there’s the fact that Trump was pandering to Penn State fans while in Pittsburgh. Trump, though, quickly realized his mistake, at least the one about where he was, and got the confused crowd back on his side.

“We love Penn State but we love Pittsburgh, right?” he asked.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/04/13/hows-joe-paterno-trump-asks-pittsburgh-crowd-about-dead-penn-state-coach/?tid=sm_fb
Report to moderator   Logged
240 is Back
Getbig V

Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 11:10:33 AM »

LOL @ waiting 9 months to start this thread.

I guess repubs grew tired of saying "but I like so many of Trump's ideas..." and decided to cannibalize him once he's infiltrated the GOP and put himself in a position to win the nomination.

yall are going to nominate a democrat.  After being warned about it by conservatives and libs alike. 

Straw Man
Getbig V

one dwells in nirvana

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 03:03:07 PM »

LOL @ waiting 9 months to start this thread.

I guess repubs grew tired of saying "but I like so many of Trump's ideas..." and decided to cannibalize him once he's infiltrated the GOP and put himself in a position to win the nomination.

yall are going to nominate a democrat.  After being warned about it by conservatives and libs alike. 

Trump is not a Democrat

Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 10:47:05 AM »

Donald Trump skips West Bank answer
By Jeremy Diamond, CNN
Thu April 14, 2016

(CNN)Donald Trump took a pass when asked Thursday how he would refer to the West Bank, territory hotly contested by Israelis and Palestinians, and asked his company's top attorney -- who is Jewish -- for an answer.

"Jason, how would you respond to that?" Trump said, turning to Jason Greenblatt, the chief legal officer for the Trump Organization.

The question came from a reporter with the Forward, a leading Jewish newspaper, during a meeting Trump held Thursday with two dozen reporters from Jewish and Israel-focused publications and Orthodox activists, according to the outlet.

Trump did not offer up a name for the territory. Many Israelis call the area, which their government controls, by the biblical names of Judea and Samaria, terms often embraced by pro-Israel activists and evangelical Christians.

Instead, Trump said simply that there are "many words that I've seen to describe it," before deferring to Greenblatt.

The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment asking how Trump would refer to the area, home to the Palestinian Authority and a key part of the territory Palestinians claim for an independent state.

The United States government calls the territory the West Bank and successive administrations have consistently urged the Israeli government to cease new construction of Israeli settlements there, which most legal experts view as contrary to international law.

Trump's positions on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict have consistently faced close scrutiny.

Trump first said late last year that he would like to remain "neutral" in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in order to better negotiate a peace settlement in the decades-old conflict.

The Republican front-runner then delivered a speech before the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, the leading pro-Israel lobby in the U.S., during which he sought to remove any doubt about his support for the Jewish state.

Trump made no mention of his neutrality pledge, instead promising to be a stalwart partner for Israel as president and leveling a hefty critique of Palestinian society, which he claimed glorifies terrorism.

Trump hasn't always been in line with his party's base in answering questions on the conflict.

Speaking before an audience of Jewish Republican donors in November, Trump declined to say whether he would support recognizing Jerusalem as the undivided, undisputed capital of Israel -- a position favored by Israel supporters on the right.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/14/politics/donald-trump-west-bank/index.html
Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 10:27:11 AM »

Donald Trump mistakenly refers to 9/11 as '7-Eleven'
Alex Hider
Apr 18, 2016

Donald Trump had a an unfortunate slip of the tongue on Monday evening, just hours before voting is set to begin in a critical New York primary.

Speaking at a rally in Buffalo, New York, Trump was in the middle of praising the first responders to the attacks on the Twin Towers on Sept. 11, 2001 when he mistakenly referenced a chain of convenience stores.

The gaffe comes just a few days after Trump mistakenly asked how former Penn State coach Joe Paterno "was doing" at a rally in Pittsburgh. Paterno passed away in 2012.

Trump's slip of the tongue likely won't have much of an impact on the outcome of tomorrow's primary — the latest polls from RealClear Politics have him leading by as little as 23 points and as many as 35.

http://www.ktnv.com/now-trending/donald-trump-mistakenly-refers-to-911-as-7-eleven
Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 10:28:53 AM »

RNC Spokesman Spicer: Trump Won't Fire Priebus
By Greg Richter   |   Monday, 18 Apr 2016

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus' job isn't in jeopardy if Donald Trump wins the GOP presidential nomination, says RNC spokesman Sean Spicer.

That's partly because the nominee doesn't have such power, Spicer told CNN on Monday.

"Reince Priebus was elected unanimously by the 168 members of the Republican National Committee," Spicer said. "He will serve until January of 2017 because those are the people actually who elect the chairman. But more importantly, I think the bigger issue is this — any candidate that got the nomination would beg Reince Priebus to stay as chairman because he's been so successful."

Priebus has taken the party to far greater success than the Democratic Party, Spicer argued, saying it is now the "gold standard" of political parties.

"I think any candidate would be lucky to have Reince Priebus as a chairman, and they should be begging him to keep continuing the success that he's had," Spicer said.

Trump was asked in a Washington Post interview published Sunday whether he would keep Priebus on if he becomes the nominee.

"I don't know. I haven't made the determination," Trump replied.

Priebus called Trump's words "rhetoric" and "hyperbole" during an interview Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union."

"Since I know what the truth is, I don't really worry about it because I know what is right and I know what is wrong," Priebus said.

Trump has been publicly critical of the RNC, calling the nominee selection process "rigged," because of the differing rules from state to state. Sen. Ted Cruz has been working the process, and reportedly luring delegates bound to Trump on the first vote to switch to him on subsequent tallies should Trump fail to secure the 1,237 needed before July's party convention in Cleveland.

Cruz also has won primary victories in Wyoming and Colorado at state conventions without a primary election by voters.

Trump supporter Roger Stone on Monday told Newsmax TV's "Steve Malzberg Show" that ousting Priebus was "easier said than done."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/sean-spicer-RNC-spokesman-trump/2016/04/18/id/724543/#ixzz46IJt7Klo
Straw Man
Getbig V

one dwells in nirvana

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 10:53:50 AM »

RNC Spokesman Spicer: Trump Won't Fire Priebus
By Greg Richter   |   Monday, 18 Apr 2016

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus' job isn't in jeopardy if Donald Trump wins the GOP presidential nomination, says RNC spokesman Sean Spicer.

That's partly because the nominee doesn't have such power, Spicer told CNN on Monday.

"Reince Priebus was elected unanimously by the 168 members of the Republican National Committee," Spicer said. "He will serve until January of 2017 because those are the people actually who elect the chairman. But more importantly, I think the bigger issue is this — any candidate that got the nomination would beg Reince Priebus to stay as chairman because he's been so successful."

Priebus has taken the party to far greater success than the Democratic Party, Spicer argued, saying it is now the "gold standard" of political parties.

"I think any candidate would be lucky to have Reince Priebus as a chairman, and they should be begging him to keep continuing the success that he's had," Spicer said.

Trump was asked in a Washington Post interview published Sunday whether he would keep Priebus on if he becomes the nominee.

"I don't know. I haven't made the determination," Trump replied.

Priebus called Trump's words "rhetoric" and "hyperbole" during an interview Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union."

"Since I know what the truth is, I don't really worry about it because I know what is right and I know what is wrong," Priebus said.

Trump has been publicly critical of the RNC, calling the nominee selection process "rigged," because of the differing rules from state to state. Sen. Ted Cruz has been working the process, and reportedly luring delegates bound to Trump on the first vote to switch to him on subsequent tallies should Trump fail to secure the 1,237 needed before July's party convention in Cleveland.

Cruz also has won primary victories in Wyoming and Colorado at state conventions without a primary election by voters.

Trump supporter Roger Stone on Monday told Newsmax TV's "Steve Malzberg Show" that ousting Priebus was "easier said than done."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/sean-spicer-RNC-spokesman-trump/2016/04/18/id/724543/#ixzz46IJt7Klo

has he really been successful

wasn't he the RNC chairman during the last two presidential campaigns?

Is he the one that did the "autopsy" after their last asskicking?

Did he accomplish any of the conclusions of that report?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/6-big-takeaways-from-the-rnc-s-incredible-2012-autopsy

How about the fact that a lunatic outsider has taken their lunch money during the Republican primaries

Great Job ?
TheShape.
Getbig IV

THE DONALD 2016

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 06:30:13 PM »

-Referencing the statue that was removed
- Referring to 7/11 was the firemen who were first responders to 9/11, closest to the WTC. Engine 7/Ladder 1/Battalion 1. (I was there by the way in person, "the firemen down at 7/11.." makes sense as opposed to "the firemen down at 9/11.." doesn't. If he actually misspoke it's a fantastic cover.
Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 09:13:57 AM »

What the heck does this mean? 

Donald Trump’s Latest Abortion Comments Will Make Your Head Spin
Now he claims that saying women should be punished for having an abortion was “an unbelievable academic answer.”
05/04/2016
Ed Mazza
Overnight Editor

Donald Trump now claims his controversial suggestion that women should be punished for having an abortion “was an unbelievable academic answer.”

The presumptive Republican presidential nominee backtracked from the comments he made in March, and issued a series of confusing clarifications, including a statement saying “the doctor or any other person performing this illegal act upon a woman would be held legally responsible, not the woman.”

Now, he’s issued another clarification — and it might be the most confusing one yet.

He told MSNBC’s Willie Geist:

He was asking me a theoretical, or just a question in theory, and I talked about it only from that standpoint. Of course not. And that was done, he said, you know, I guess it was theoretically, but he was asking me a rhetorical question, and I gave an answer. And by the way, people thought from an academic standpoint, and asked rhetorically, people said that answer was an unbelievable academic answer. But of course not, and I said that afterwards. Everybody understands that.
(h/t Raw Story)

Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar,rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-abortion_us_572aa2bbe4b096e9f0905153
andreisdaman
Getbig V

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 10:28:22 AM »

What the heck does this mean? 

Donald Trump’s Latest Abortion Comments Will Make Your Head Spin
Now he claims that saying women should be punished for having an abortion was “an unbelievable academic answer.”
05/04/2016
Ed Mazza
Overnight Editor

Donald Trump now claims his controversial suggestion that women should be punished for having an abortion “was an unbelievable academic answer.”

The presumptive Republican presidential nominee backtracked from the comments he made in March, and issued a series of confusing clarifications, including a statement saying “the doctor or any other person performing this illegal act upon a woman would be held legally responsible, not the woman.”

Now, he’s issued another clarification — and it might be the most confusing one yet.

He told MSNBC’s Willie Geist:

He was asking me a theoretical, or just a question in theory, and I talked about it only from that standpoint. Of course not. And that was done, he said, you know, I guess it was theoretically, but he was asking me a rhetorical question, and I gave an answer. And by the way, people thought from an academic standpoint, and asked rhetorically, people said that answer was an unbelievable academic answer. But of course not, and I said that afterwards. Everybody understands that.
(h/t Raw Story)

Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar,rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-abortion_us_572aa2bbe4b096e9f0905153

Doesn't matter....you're going to vote for him anyway
Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 09:41:28 AM »

Roll Eyes
Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 12:53:31 PM »

Donald Trump Says He Doesn't Support the GI Bill
Dan Joseph | May 11, 2016

In an interview with CNN’s Chris Cuomo on Monday, presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump said that he does not support the G.I. Bill.

The G.I. Bill, or Servicemen's Readjustment Act, was implemented in 1944 following World War II. It was designed to help service members returning from war cover the costs associated with getting an education or training. It includes low-cost mortgages, low-interest loans to start a business, cash payments of tuition and living expenses to attend university, high school or vocational program, as well as one year of unemployment compensation.

In the exchange with Cuomo, Trump asserted that he did not want to hurt our vets and that he was going to help them. But when pressed as to whether he supported the G.I. Bill, Trump said he did not.

CHRIS CUOMO: “Is that a yes, “I do support the current GI bill?”

DONALD TRUMP: “No. I want to bring jobs back to our country and make the country grow again. I just traveled. I won so many states in a row in massive landslides and part of the reason was trade.”

Later that day, Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.), a Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S. Air Force Reserves, released the following statement in response to Donald Trump's comments on the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill:

"This morning, Donald Trump was asked point blank if he supported the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill, and he said no. For a candidate who talks a big game about helping veterans, this is a rather astonishing statement. As a veteran myself, I understand just how instrumental this legislation has been in ensuring that the brave men and women who serve our country have every opportunity to succeed when they finish their service. Our vets simply cannot risk a president who doesn’t understand their needs.”

Trump’s reluctance to discuss the G.I. Bill in his interview led some to speculate that the candidate wasn’t actually familiar with the bill itself. That seems incredibly unlikely, however, since Trump is running to be Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces.

The G.I. Bill enjoys a high level of support among U.S. servicemembers.

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/donald-trump-says-he-does-not-support-gi-bill
240 is Back
Getbig V

Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 12:58:43 PM »

the worse thing here - is that I don't even think Trump understands what the GI bill is or what it does. 

He jut answers quesitons without thinking.   He'll backtrack later today, watch and see, bragging about how he'll make the GI Bill bigger than ever, and military loves him, etc.

he's an idiot.  You guys know that, right?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!