Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
August 22, 2014, 07:05:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ex-Homeland Chief Napolitano: No Mercy for Edward Snowden  (Read 1621 times)
avxo
Getbig IV

I'm about to froth at the mouth!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2014, 06:55:06 AM »

Yes, I am entitled to express my opinion on an opinion board, just like everyone else. 

I skimmed the link.  Didn't see him call Snowden a traitor.  That's the one improvement I'd offer to his commentary. 

I'd hardly call piling shit on top of shit an improvement, but hey... it's your opinion and you're entitled to it, right? An interesting question is whether you can logically support that opinion. Something tells me that you cannot.
Report to moderator   Logged
Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2014, 09:21:06 AM »

I'd hardly call piling shit on top of shit an improvement, but hey... it's your opinion and you're entitled to it, right? An interesting question is whether you can logically support that opinion. Something tells me that you cannot.

Yes, we are entitled to our opinions, especially on an opinion board.  You seem to be the only person struggling with that concept. 

Snowden disclosed secrets to foreign countries.  Telling other countries that we are spying on them makes him a traitor.  And what is worse, he is essentially getting paid for his treason, because at least two foreign countries have sponsored him.  I wonder if he will ever need to work again? 

I hope he spends the rest of his life looking over his shoulder. 
avxo
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2014, 10:59:23 AM »

Snowden disclosed secrets to foreign countries.

Correction: Snowden disclosed pervasive spying by the American Government on the American public via American journalists. This may not mean much to you, but it means a lot to some of us.

Telling other countries that we are spying on them makes him a traitor.

You're acting like other countries didn't know they were being spied on. Are you really that naive?

And what is worse, he is essentially getting paid for his treason, because at least two foreign countries have sponsored him.

Objection. Assumes facts not in evidence. Which country is sponsoring him and how? Remember, he only ended up stranded in Russia because the State Department revoked his passport, and no evidence has been presented that indicates that he is cooperating with the FSB or the Russian Government. Or ANY Government, for that matter.

I hope he spends the rest of his life looking over his shoulder.

Snowden knew he was throwing his life away when he chose to do this. But it is a pity he did so for people like you.
Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2014, 11:32:08 AM »

Correction: Snowden disclosed pervasive spying by the American Government on the American public via American journalists. This may not mean much to you, but it means a lot to some of us.

You're acting like other countries didn't know they were being spied on. Are you really that naive?

Objection. Assumes facts not in evidence. Which country is sponsoring him and how? Remember, he only ended up stranded in Russia because the State Department revoked his passport, and no evidence has been presented that indicates that he is cooperating with the FSB or the Russian Government. Or ANY Government, for that matter.

Snowden knew he was throwing his life away when he chose to do this. But it is a pity he did so for people like you.

Other countries know we are spying on them, so it's fine for an American citizen with a security clearance, who signed a non-disclosure agreement, to violate both his agreement and federal law to disclose exactly how we are spying on other countries?  How stupid is that?  If that is the case, then why are we maintaining secrets?  There is a reason we don't post our covert activities on the internet.  Talk about naive. 

I don't believe he paid for his accommodations in either Hong Kong or Russia.  I doubt he has gainful employment, other than sharing American secrets with foreign countries.  Who paid his hotel bill?  Who is buying his food?  Who is paying for accommodations now?  (Rhetorical questions.)

Wait.  Snowden threw his life away for people like me?  lol . . . . I could care less about that traitorous turd.  I am glad we know about the domestic spying, but he went way too far by sharing secrets with foreign countries.  Indefensible.  And there are ways to be a whistleblower.  This is not one of them. 

I doubt he is suffering.  He needs to share a cell with Bradley Manning (or whatever the heck his female name is now). 
Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2014, 02:48:20 PM »

Big Data Firm Says It Can Link Snowden Data To Changed Terrorist Behavior
by DINA TEMPLE-RASTON
August 01, 2014

For nearly a year, U.S. government officials have said revelations from former NSA contract worker Edward Snowden harmed national security and allowed terrorists to develop their own countermeasures. Those officials haven't publicly given specific examples — but a tech firm based in Cambridge, Mass., says it has tangible evidence of the changes.

According to a new report to be released Friday by big data firm Recorded Future, a direct connection can be drawn: Just months after the Snowden documents were released, al-Qaida dramatically changed the way its operatives interacted online.

"We saw at least three major product releases coming out with different organizations with al-Qaida and associated organizations fairly quickly after the Snowden disclosures," said Recorded Future's CEO and co-founder Christopher Ahlberg. "But we wanted to go deeper and see how big those changes were."

By "product releases," Ahlberg means new software. And for the first time, Recorded Future says, it can now codify just how big a change it was.

The company brought in a cyber expert, Mario Vuksan, the CEO of Reversing Labs, to investigate the technical aspects of the new software. Vuksan essentially reverse-engineered the 2013 encryption updates and found not only more sophisticated software but also newly available downloads that allowed encryption on cellphones, Android products and Macs.

To put that change into context, for years, al-Qaida has used an encryption program written by its own coders called Mujahideen Secrets. It was a Windows-based program that groups like al-Qaida's arm in Yemen and al-Shabab in Somalia used to scramble their communications. American-born radical imam Anwar al-Awlaki used it, too. Since Mujahideen Secret's introduction in 2007, there had been some minor updates to the program, but no big upgrades.

Ahlberg thought the fact that the group changed the program months after Snowden's revelations provided good circumstantial evidence that the former contractor had had an impact — but he wanted to see how much.

As it turns out, Recorded Future and Reversing Labs discovered that al-Qaida didn't just tinker at the edges of its seven-year-old encryption software; it overhauled it. The new programs no longer use much of what's known as "homebrew," or homemade algorithms. Instead, al-Qaida has started incorporating more sophisticated open-source code to help disguise its communications.

"This is as close to proof that you can get that these have changed and improved their communications structure post the Snowden leaks," Ahlberg said.

Others are less sure that you can draw a straight line from Snowden to the changes in al-Qaida's encryption program. Bruce Schneier, a technologist and fellow at the Berkman Center at Harvard, said it's hard to tell.

"Certainly they have made changes," Schneier said, "but is that because of the normal costs of software development or because they thought rightly or wrongly that they were being targeted?"

Whatever the reason, Schneier says, al-Qaida's new encryption program won't necessarily keep communications secret, and the only way to ensure that nothing gets picked up is to not send anything electronically. Osama bin Laden understood that. That's why he ended up resorting to couriers.

Upgrading encryption software might mask communications for al-Qaida temporarily, but probably not for long, Schneier said.

"It is relatively easy to find vulnerabilities in software," he added. "This is why cybercriminals do so well stealing our credit cards. And it is also going to be why intelligence agencies are going to be able to break whatever software these al-Qaida operatives are using."

The NSA, for its part, declined to comment.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/08/01/336958020/big-data-firm-says-it-can-link-snowden-data-to-changed-terrorist-behavior?ft=1&f=1001
Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2014, 09:51:40 AM »

I wonder who is paying for this traitorous turd to live this kind of lifestyle?  Must be Russia. 

Snowden makes first public appearance, secretly visits Moscow’s Bolshoi theatre
Published time: August 05, 2014 17:18
Edited time: August 05, 2014 19:40 Get short URL

The US whistleblower Edward Snowden has visited Moscow’s Bolshoi Theatre in his first public appearance since coming to Russia a year ago. Reporters were hardly able to recognize the former CIA employee without his signature look glasses.

The NSA whistleblower apparently decided to mark a year of asylum in Russia by making a public appearance. He attended the Tsar's Bride opera in Moscow’s historic Bolshoi Theatre.

Snowden slipped in almost unnoticed. He sat in one of the theatre’s boxes, admiring Nikolay Rimsky-Korsakov’s opera that recounts a tragic love story during the time of Ivan the Terrible’s reign in Russia.

Snowden publically promised to study Russian culture when he was granted asylum in August last year.

In June 2013, the former NSA contractor landed in Moscow’s Sheremetyevo airport in transit from Hong Kong, with Ecuador as his final destination.

After Snowden leaked sensitive US intelligence, Washington charged him with theft of government property, unauthorized communication of national defense information, and willful communication of classified intelligence to an unauthorized person, canceling his passport upon arrival in Moscow. This led to the leaker getting stranded in the transit zone until Russia granted him temporary asylum.

His Russian lawyer, Anatoly Kucherena, told RT that during the time Snowden was holed up in the airport he brought him books by prominent Russian authors such as Fyodor Dostoevsky, Anton Chekhov, and the classic 12-volume History of the Russian state by 19th century historian Nikolay Karamzin - all of those books in English.

The State Academic Bolshoi Theater, in Moscow (RIA Novosti / Vladimir Vyatkin)The State Academic Bolshoi Theater, in Moscow (RIA Novosti / Vladimir Vyatkin)

At the same time, according to Kucherena, Snowden promised to learn Russian. When Snowden was granted asylum, he was taken to an undisclosed “safe place” and has not been seen in public since. During this time he has made a few videos and appeared in teleconferences and interviews.

In August last year, Life news published a photo of a man it claimed was the first showing US intelligence leaker Edward Snowden in Moscow. The image showed a casually-dressed man, with a goatee and glasses, pushing a supermarket trolley full of groceries across a road. However the photo was blurry and it was hard to establish the man’s identity.

Snowden filed an official petition on July 9 to extend his asylum in Russia for another year. The whistleblower can stay in the country while his application is being processed. Currently, Snowden holds a three-year post as Rector of the University of Glasgow and serves on the Freedom of the Press Foundation board of directors.

http://rt.com/news/178200-snowden-moscow-visit-theatre/
RRKore
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2014, 10:20:51 AM »

I wonder who is paying for this traitorous turd to live this kind of lifestyle?  Must be Russia. 

Snowden makes first public appearance, secretly visits Moscow’s Bolshoi theatre
Published time: August 05, 2014 17:18
Edited time: August 05, 2014 19:40 Get short URL

The US whistleblower Edward Snowden has visited Moscow’s Bolshoi Theatre in his first public appearance since coming to Russia a year ago. Reporters were hardly able to recognize the former CIA employee without his signature look glasses.

The NSA whistleblower apparently decided to mark a year of asylum in Russia by making a public appearance. He attended the Tsar's Bride opera in Moscow’s historic Bolshoi Theatre.

Snowden slipped in almost unnoticed. He sat in one of the theatre’s boxes, admiring Nikolay Rimsky-Korsakov’s opera that recounts a tragic love story during the time of Ivan the Terrible’s reign in Russia.

Snowden publically promised to study Russian culture when he was granted asylum in August last year.

In June 2013, the former NSA contractor landed in Moscow’s Sheremetyevo airport in transit from Hong Kong, with Ecuador as his final destination.

After Snowden leaked sensitive US intelligence, Washington charged him with theft of government property, unauthorized communication of national defense information, and willful communication of classified intelligence to an unauthorized person, canceling his passport upon arrival in Moscow. This led to the leaker getting stranded in the transit zone until Russia granted him temporary asylum.

His Russian lawyer, Anatoly Kucherena, told RT that during the time Snowden was holed up in the airport he brought him books by prominent Russian authors such as Fyodor Dostoevsky, Anton Chekhov, and the classic 12-volume History of the Russian state by 19th century historian Nikolay Karamzin - all of those books in English.

The State Academic Bolshoi Theater, in Moscow (RIA Novosti / Vladimir Vyatkin)The State Academic Bolshoi Theater, in Moscow (RIA Novosti / Vladimir Vyatkin)

At the same time, according to Kucherena, Snowden promised to learn Russian. When Snowden was granted asylum, he was taken to an undisclosed “safe place” and has not been seen in public since. During this time he has made a few videos and appeared in teleconferences and interviews.

In August last year, Life news published a photo of a man it claimed was the first showing US intelligence leaker Edward Snowden in Moscow. The image showed a casually-dressed man, with a goatee and glasses, pushing a supermarket trolley full of groceries across a road. However the photo was blurry and it was hard to establish the man’s identity.

Snowden filed an official petition on July 9 to extend his asylum in Russia for another year. The whistleblower can stay in the country while his application is being processed. Currently, Snowden holds a three-year post as Rector of the University of Glasgow and serves on the Freedom of the Press Foundation board of directors.

http://rt.com/news/178200-snowden-moscow-visit-theatre/

What kind of lifestyle?  Is it something talked about at the link?  (I've only read what you've excerpted and not the article at the link itself.)
avxo
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2014, 10:51:51 AM »

Rock solid logic there...
Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2014, 12:13:46 PM »

Rock solid logic there...

I agree. 
Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2014, 12:23:18 PM »

What kind of lifestyle?  Is it something talked about at the link?  (I've only read what you've excerpted and not the article at the link itself.)

He is likely unemployed.  Not too many unemployed people attend the theater.  And I doubt he is living in squalor. 
avxo
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2014, 05:31:28 PM »

He is likely unemployed.  Not too many unemployed people attend the theater.  And I doubt he is living in squalor. 

You should spare yourself the embarrassment of finding out exactly what your doubts on the topic are worth, especially considering that they are pure speculation on your part.

Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2014, 07:05:58 PM »

You should spare yourself the embarrassment of finding out exactly what your doubts on the topic are worth, especially considering that they are pure speculation on your part.

Embarrassment?  lol 

My opinion is as speculative as your unexpressed opinion.  Nobody knows for certain what he is doing.  But if you think he is slaving away at a 9-5 job, then you are pretty naive. 
RRKore
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2014, 08:51:12 PM »

But didn't the article say "his one public appearance"?  Couldn't he have savings that would cover one ticket to the Bolshoi Theater?   

If ya ask me, having to live anywhere near Moscow, holed up like he mostly is or not, sounds like the suck to me. 

Weather is too humid in summer and hella cold in the winter.  Even shittier than the weather in Raleigh, NC that I'm happy to not have to deal with anymore.
Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2014, 09:21:07 PM »

But didn't the article say "his one public appearance"?  Couldn't he have savings that would cover one ticket to the Bolshoi Theater?   

If ya ask me, having to live anywhere near Moscow, holed up like he mostly is or not, sounds like the suck to me. 

Weather is too humid in summer and hella cold in the winter.  Even shittier than the weather in Raleigh, NC that I'm happy to not have to deal with anymore.

He left his job in Hawaii in May 2013.  If he was living off savings (assuming he had any), I doubt living in hotels, etc. allowed him to save money. 

The man has been cooperating with one of our longest foes.  They have to be taking care of that traitor. 

I hope to see him behind bars one day.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!