Author Topic: natural training styles and frequency  (Read 14009 times)

trab

• Getbig V
Re: natural training styles and frequency
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 06:42:49 AM »
Sorry bro, I disagree with what you are saying.   I train 6 days a week, 2 hours (every now and then 3 hours).  And I hit it both Long and hard!!!! 

For you to say that you can either do long or hard is not true.  And no I don't hold back during any set at all.  Every one of my sets is done to complete failure, lots of time, past failure!  And I've made my best progress this way.

YOu need legs. You'll never grow them training that long and often.
Im being critical by BBing judging standards to get you to the next level.
 Congrats on what youve done, but consider less volume and take a good look @ some tricks in the PLers bag-O-Tricks.
Your legs in particular will benifit from them. (Just DONT EAT LIKE THEM)

You would also gain thickness on upperbody by lowering reps & > LBS. If you dont, you will stay as you are.
Nothing wrong w/ that, but you can pump all day and not add much to that.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2007, 06:58:38 AM »

You're right I do need legs.  But funny enough, this offseason I increased the volume of hitting legs and started doing them twice a week, and they started improving.  So once again I will have to disagree with you.

Everyone is different.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2007, 07:17:48 AM »
You're right I do need legs.  But funny enough, this offseason I increased the volume of hitting legs and started doing them twice a week, and they started improving.  So once again I will have to disagree with you.

Everyone is different.

Everyone is different, but give low volume a shot now and again. If nothing else, it will get your reps up w/  higher weights when you go back up in volume & reps.

You look good, Im not rippin you. Natural 100% ever?

Also, consider theis, as your development change, different methods work differently over time. If you didnt respond when you were smaller, you may now or in the future. Change it up is good.

You look good bud.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2007, 11:04:08 PM »

Thanks Trab for your compliments.  Yes, I am 100% lifetime natural.

Your last sentence I agree with...  your development does change over time, you are right.  Every now and then I will change my work outs and like one day I will only do machines, other days I will only do free weights, things like that to shock the muscle and keep it guessing I guess you can say. 

And I will admit, through time my work outs have gotten shorter from what they used to be, but still I would call them high volume, because they are still pretty long, just relatively shorter from how they were before.

One of my best friends, only trains for 45 mins, and he is growing like there is no tomorrow, I tried training with him, and just could not feel a thing. 

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2007, 10:37:28 AM »
Thanks Trab for your compliments.  Yes, I am 100% lifetime natural.

Your last sentence I agree with...  your development does change over time, you are right.  Every now and then I will change my work outs and like one day I will only do machines, other days I will only do free weights, things like that to shock the muscle and keep it guessing I guess you can say. 

And I will admit, through time my work outs have gotten shorter from what they used to be, but still I would call them high volume, because they are still pretty long, just relatively shorter from how they were before.

One of my best friends, only trains for 45 mins, and he is growing like there is no tomorrow, I tried training with him, and just could not feel a thing. 

Thats very impressive condition for natural, you prolly get "steroids" comments often. I actualy got more "steroid" accusations natural than after I got bigger w/ steroids. Im not fat, but I dont compete, and extra size is just nice for throwing heavy stuff around on jobsites.

Its not easy to get that lean w/ no drugs and hold that much muscle. Drugs save the lean mass like its treasure.
Our Stupid body does the oposite when we starve it - SAVES THE FAT @ expense of muscle  >:(

Volume - If it works it works,,, but getin the strenght up never hurtz.  Just makes for more reps w/ the next plate on when ya
drop the weight on the bar and up the reps again. Cycle the intensity up and down.
If ya just hold the throttle wide open, the motor blows in time.