Author Topic: Season 6 of the shield  (Read 1143 times)

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
Season 6 of the shield
« on: September 08, 2007, 04:37:56 AM »
Finished last week in England, and was a HUGE diappontment. The previous season was possibly the best television ever, and at times i was literally on the edge of my [gold plated] seat. The chemistry between Vic and Forest Whitaker was awesome, and it had the best finale in the show's history.

Compare that to the boring nonsense of season 6.

1] the new cop on the strike team was utterly pointless.

2] what has happened to Dutch's 'evil' streak? [killing the cat, becoming obsessed with murder etc]

3] what has happened to Julian's inner torment about being gay? [i know bsb can relate]

4] the whole storyline about the Armenian female mob boss was really boring.

5] Ronnie didn't really have anything to do

6] The finale was tame and predicable. A far cry from Lem getting killed.

On the plus side, i am falling in love with that hot little Mexican slut. And i don't mean Aceveda. Ha ha, it was funny when Dutch watched her boning the cop in her house.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Season 6 of the shield
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 04:45:06 AM »
I agree 100%. Forrest and Vic's story line was unbelievably good. Every scene those two were in was fantastic. I loved it when Vic fucked his wife, then Forrest tried to return the favor and looked like a big goof. I will never understand why they killed Lem. Vic is great and Shane is ok, but the third dude with the burnt face and beard is just dull. I hope it gets better next year. Oh, and when Dutchboy walked up to that hot Latinas house and saw her fucking the new cop, that was classic. Do you watch Nip/Tuck?
E

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 05:35:17 AM »
I loved it like i always do. Best cop show ever imo

I love Vic and i will probably cry openly if they kill off in the final season.

Oh, and that Armenian mob bitch was fit as fuck  :P But yeah the storyline was a little lame.

'Julian's inner torment about being gay' Interesting that it strikes a chord with you  ;) j/k

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 05:41:14 AM »
Anyone know where I can watch the last episode?

I came back from the pub last Friday and fell asleep before it started. :(

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 10:26:31 AM »
Anyone know where I can watch the last episode?

I came back from the pub last Friday and fell asleep before it started. :(

Fx.com might stream them.
E

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 01:48:12 PM »
I agree 100%. Forrest and Vic's story line was unbelievably good. Every scene those two were in was fantastic. I loved it when Vic fucked his wife, then Forrest tried to return the favor and looked like a big goof. I will never understand why they killed Lem. Vic is great and Shane is ok, but the third dude with the burnt face and beard is just dull. I hope it gets better next year. Oh, and when Dutchboy walked up to that hot Latinas house and saw her fucking the new cop, that was classic. Do you watch Nip/Tuck?
I love Nip/Tuck!!! Occasionaly there is a dull episode, but it usually maintains an impeccably high standard. Series 2 was the best, when Matt dated the 'transexual' and we were introduced to the Carver, although series 4 also had some crackers. The drug lord was brilliant, especially when he had the Freddy Krueger style make up.

My girlfriend fancies the shit out of Christian Troy, and she literally swoons everytime he's on the screen. The chemistry is great between him and Sean, and it just goes to show how important good acting is. I just hope series 5 doesn't 'jump the shark' and become a lame retread of old themes.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 04:24:02 PM »
I love Nip/Tuck!!! Occasionaly there is a dull episode, but it usually maintains an impeccably high standard. Series 2 was the best, when Matt dated the 'transexual' and we were introduced to the Carver, although series 4 also had some crackers. The drug lord was brilliant, especially when he had the Freddy Krueger style make up.

My girlfriend fancies the shit out of Christian Troy, and she literally swoons everytime he's on the screen. The chemistry is great between him and Sean, and it just goes to show how important good acting is. I just hope series 5 doesn't 'jump the shark' and become a lame retread of old themes.

It should be interesting this year, they are going to LA.
E