Author Topic: Tom Brady and randy Moss!!!  (Read 20142 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Tom Brady and randy Moss!!!
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2007, 08:04:53 AM »
This just in.....Marouney is injury-prone.

body88

« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2007, 08:29:11 AM »
This just in.....Marouney  is injury-prone.

So isn't Steven Jackson then. Jackson also missed two games in his first season, did you call him injury prone? Maroney is out with the same injury as Jackson right now. What does Maroney have to do with Brady and Moss anyway?

Maroney missed 2 games out of 16 games last year. He injured his groin early this year. His second year. Thats just bad luck imo. Jackson played in 16 games last year and is with the same injury. Is he now injury prone?

Your argument over Maroney's first year hold's no weight imo. Maroney missed 2 regular season games, but also made those up in playoff games. He led the NFL in kick returns also. playing in 14 out of 16 games while doing kick returns and playing in playoff games is not injuy prone. Not just yet.

I only say this because Ben Watson was injured his entire first year, then bounced back to play in all the 05 games. The injury prone talk is pre mature imo.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2007, 02:13:14 PM »
Dude,

Forget about last year and how many games he played in while doing kick return duties.
I'm talking this year. He's missed 3 games in a row now and he's the feature back. He's probably going to be listed as questionable for the remainder of the year with this groin injury. The injury won't fully heal until the offseason because of the amount of stress players with the same kind of injury put on their hips.

I realize Marouney is your boy. I just like fucking with you because you defend him HARD.

He's killing my fantasy team, too. LOL!

body88

« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2007, 02:23:15 PM »
Dude,

Forget about last year and how many games he played in while doing kick return duties.
I'm talking this year. He's missed 3 games in a row now and he's the feature back. He's probably going to be listed as questionable for the remainder of the year with this groin injury. The injury won't fully heal until the offseason because of the amount of stress players with the same kind of injury put on their hips.

I realize Marouney is your boy. I just like fucking with you because you defend him HARD.

He's killing my fantasy team, too. LOL!

If you are basing it on this year then Jackson and several other big times backs are questionable to. Dont worry he will start getting td's.

Im not mad about it. I like debating.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2007, 02:39:32 PM »
If you are basing it on this year then Jackson and several other big times backs are questionable to. Dont worry he will start getting td's.

Im not mad about it. I like debating.

Groin injuries are tough to deal with for NFL players, especially running backs. It's just a nagging injury that doesn't go away until you rest it for LONG period of time.

Steven Jackson will not be the same at all this year.

body88

« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2007, 09:40:07 AM »
CBS sports polled current NFL  player's, coaches and personnel on a vast majority of topics recently.

Over 65 percent of NFL players, coaches, and personnel said they would choose Tom Brady over Payton Manning if they had the choice. I was surprised it was this definitive coming from actual NFL players and coaches.

The biggest Homefield advantage was a tie between KC and Indy.

T.O was voted most overrated player.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10404022

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2007, 01:58:00 PM »

its interesting that the same poll has Ray Lewis tied as the fourth most overrated player in the league. thats absolutely absurd and speaks for the legitimacy of the poll. to have Ray Lewis tied with Michael Vick???  ::) 

body88

« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2007, 02:23:37 PM »
  its interesting that the same poll has Ray Lewis tied as the fourth most overrated player in the league. thats absolutely absurd and speaks for the legitimacy of the poll. to have Ray Lewis tied with Michael Vick???  ::) 

That poll is perfectly legitimate. Just because the poll does not give the results you want it to does not mean it is not a legit poll. CBS sports is a perfectly credible source. CBS simply polled a bunch of NFL players , coaches and personal on various questions. Just because the results don't go with your own personal opinion does not mean the polls are incorrect. It's not like some writers are railing of articles filled with there peronal opinion, they took a poll.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2007, 03:13:38 PM »

ok you can use the poll and determine that Ray Lewis is just as overrated as Michael Vick, i'll use my common sense. when was the poll taken? i didnt realize that Michael Vick was reinstated.

polls are not legitimate.

just the same,just because the poll gave you the results you wanted doesnt make it legit.
 again for the poll to state that Ray Lewis is tied for fourth place with Michael Vick as the most overrated speaks volumes of the poll (not to mention that Vick isnt even in the league). and i dont even care for Ray but i do know enough to realize he is not overrated.
 any poll/person/player that admits that Ray Lewis is on par with Mike Vick can be taken for what its worth....

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2007, 03:22:02 PM »
  Body88 let me ask you this yes or no question..

do you honestly think that Ray Lewis is the fourth most overrated player in the NFL? 
  according to the "legitimate" poll he is, do you agree?

just answer yes or no

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2007, 03:50:47 AM »

body88

« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2007, 10:19:39 AM »
  Body88 let me ask you this yes or no question..

do you honestly think that Ray Lewis is the fourth most overrated player in the NFL? 
  according to the "legitimate" poll he is, do you agree?

just answer yes or no

Just answer yes or no? I'm pretty sure fans off opposing teams in which there fav players are not shed in a good light are going to ask them same thing as proof the poll is illegitimate. The poll says the colts/kc have biggest home field advantage. That has been said for years. Kraft has been the most popular owner among players for years. TO / Vick / Williams have been called the most overrated NFL player for years. None of this is new. Brady was the consensus pick over Manning up until Manning won his superbowl. This year with comparable weapons Brady is lighting up Manning. CBS sports line has several anti patriot articles on it. The one from Shula comes to mind of the top of my head. So if you are insinuating they favor the pats you are incorrect.

The only reason you call this poll illegitimate is because it does not favor you. I posted an article in which cbs polled current NFL players coaches and personnel on various topics. If you don't agree that's fine. If this was an article that was based on a writers opinion I would agree it did not hold much weight. It's not , it is a pole put out by a sports reporting organization that has been heavily critical of teams like the pats.

Btw check out career stats of Brady and Manning. Before this year they are extremely close. Manning has an extra year on Brady also. Manning also has always been in a pass heavy system where they threw the ball much more. This year with comaparable weapons Brady is killing Manning stats wise. It's not because of a pass happy offense either. The colts are ranked 4th in the NFL for rushing the pats ranked 7th. The colts are only netting .3 more yards per game then the pats. Both teams have a top 5 defense, and the colts have the better drop back to sack ratio. The difference is Brady has some actual weapons to work with now. Something manning has always had.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2007, 11:56:06 AM »
Alright. I stayed quiet reading about this bullshit poll with Ray Lewis rated in the top five "overrated" category.

But C'mon! Absolute nonsense with Lewis on that list. Lewis is a proud warrior who comes to play every Sunday. Always going full speed and always filling the hole. His physical talent has been undeniable. In my opinion, he will go down as the greatest sideline-to-sideline tackler in the history of the NFL. His name will be remembered with the greats after his career is long over. Nitchke, Butkus, Singletary, and yes Ray Lewis. A 9 time all-pro, 10 pro bowls, A two time defensive player of the year(TWO TIMES), a Super Bowl MVP. The most intense player to ever play middle linebacker.

Look at these sick stats:

Defense Stats
YEAR TEAM G TOT SOLO AST PD SACK FF REC INT YDS TD
1996   BAL 14 110   99   11    5   2.5   0 0      1     0       0
1997   BAL 16 184  157   27   10  4.0   1 0      1    18      0
1998   BAL 14 120  104   16   7   3.0   1 0       2    25      0
1999   BAL 16 168  132   36   8   3.5   0 0       3    97      0
2000   BAL 16 138  113   25   6   3.0   0 0       2     1       0
2001   BAL 16 162  117   45   10  3.5  1 0       3    115     0
2002   BAL 5   58   47     11   3   0.0   1 0       2    4        0
2003   BAL 16 163  125   38   14  1.5  2  0      6    99       1
2004   BAL 15 147  106   41   6   1.0   1 0       0    0        0
2005   BAL 6   46   38     8    2   1.0    0 0       1    0        0
2006   BAL 14 103  80     23   8   5.0   1 0       2    27       0
2007   BAL 6   46   33     13   3   0.0   0 0       1     0        0

Overrated? Whatever jefkoff sports columnist put Ray Lewis at the top of that list can:

EAT. A. DICK.

body88

« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2007, 12:05:12 PM »

No writer makes any statement. This was a pole given to current NFL players , coaches and personal. Lewis was not rated the most overrated player. Vick, Roy Williams and Zack Thomas where the top votes. Which has been being said for years.

There is no opinion involved. Other then the players and coaches polled that is. He got ten percent of the votes.
I don't think the poll was saying Lewis has always been overrated. I think they are talking about Lewis in his current state. When you hear the name Ray Lewis you expect to see monster stats like from when he was in his prime. Currently he may be living of his name a bit. Which is totally understandable nobody is the best forever.

I just posted the link, don't shoot the messenger.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2007, 12:21:00 PM »

No writer makes any statement. This was a pole given to current NFL players , coaches and personal. Lewis was not rated the most overrated player.Vick, Roy Williams and Zack Thomas where the top votes. Which has been being said for years.

There is no opinion involved. Other then the players and coaches polled that is. He got ten percent of the votes.
I don't think the poll was saying Lewis has always been overrated. I think they are talking about him in his current state. When you hear the name Ray Lewis you expect to see monster stats like from when he was in his prime. Currently he may be living of his name a bit. Which is totally understandable nobody is the best forever.

I just posted the link, dont shoot the messenger.

Wrong. I understand where you're going with this so it's cool. But Lewis still brings it every Sunday. Of course, no one's as good at age 32 then they were at 28. But he's till better than about 90% of the NFL's starting middle linebackers.

Sorry to sound so defensive but Ray's my boy.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2007, 12:24:53 PM »
Just answer yes or no? I'm pretty sure fans off opposing teams in which there fav players are not shed in a good light are going to ask them same thing as proof the poll is illegitimate. The poll says the colts/kc have biggest home field advantage. That has been said for years. Kraft has been the most popular owner among players for years. TO / Vick / Williams have been called the most overrated NFL player for years. None of this is new. Brady was the consensus pick over Manning up until Manning won his superbowl. This year with comparable weapons Brady is lighting up Manning. CBS sports line has several anti patriot articles on it. The one from Shula comes to mind of the top of my head. So if you are insinuating they favor the pats you are incorrect.

The only reason you call this poll illegitimate is because it does not favor you. I posted an article in which cbs polled current NFL players coaches and personnel on various topics. If you don't agree that's fine. If this was an article that was based on a writers opinion I would agree it did not hold much weight. It's not , it is a pole put out by a sports reporting organization that has been heavily critical of teams like the pats.

again, your fanaticism with the Pats impairs your objectivity regarding what i said..for heavens sake did i ever insinuate that my disagreement with the poll was because the poll favored the Pats?  
thats question 1 for you...

i question the legitimacy of the poll because i dont believe anyone in the league or anyone who has seen Ray Lewis play would rank him 4th most overrated.
you keep saying that the "poll does not favor me" your paranoia with everyone hating the Pats is a defense mechanism. this has absolutely nothing to do with the pats.

question 2- where in my previous posts have i mentioned the poll having anything to do with the Pats?
your paranoia brought the Pats up not me, that wasnt my intention.

question 3- do you HONESTLY believe Ray Lewis is the 4th most overrated player in the league right now?

Ray Lewis is in the top three of LB's playing today even with his current injuries.
could you please just answer the questions for once... i mean you are a mod right?

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2007, 12:28:43 PM »

Currently he may be living of his name a bit.

no offense but you can not be serious....do you even know what team he plays for?  or what sport for that matter..

body88

« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2007, 12:31:45 PM »
no offense but you can not be serious....do you even know what team he plays for?  or what sport for that matter..

Oh brother. First off Lewis is is not the player he used to be. Secondly I guess this pole is horseshit because 10 percent of the people polled called Lewis currently overrated. Last time I checked there where 4 players ahead of him.

Find me a better reason this poll is shit other then a player you love is on it negatively.

body88

« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2007, 12:33:26 PM »
again, your fanaticism with the Pats impairs your objectivity regarding what i said..for heavens sake did i ever insinuate that my disagreement with the poll was because the poll favored the Pats?  
thats question 1 for you...

i question the legitimacy of the poll because i dont believe anyone in the league or anyone who has seen Ray Lewis play would rank him 4th most overrated.
you keep saying that the "poll does not favor me" your paranoia with everyone hating the Pats is a defense mechanism. this has absolutely nothing to do with the pats.

question 2- where in my previous posts have i mentioned the poll having anything to do with the Pats?
your paranoia brought the Pats up not me, that wasnt my intention.

question 3- do you HONESTLY believe Ray Lewis is the 4th most overrated player in the league right now?

Ray Lewis is in the top three of LB's playing today even with his current injuries.
could you please just answer the questions for once... i mean you are a mod right?

So the only reason you think this pole is shit is because Ray Lewis is on it? I never said you disagreed with the poll because of the pats. I made points pointing to why I felt the finding's where legit. I talked about several other aspects of the poll also. Whats with you cherry picking my posts to fit your agenda? I talked about the pats some because they are on the pole twice, and I don't understand why CBS would be very critical of a team like the pats, turn positive towards the same team, then doctor the poll findings to be critical of Ray Lewis.

Btw just because I am a mod does not mean I cannot post about things I like in the thread dedicated to it. Please stop acting like a fool with the mod crap. Start your own ray Lewis thread if you want. I don't get this fascination you have with me starting threads for fans of other teams.

You understand this was a poll given to NFL players and coaches correct. Are you saying CBS made all this up to screw over Ray Lewis by listing 4 players ahead of him in there overrated player results.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2007, 12:37:24 PM »

sooo...you cant answer the questions ??
why not?

body88

« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2007, 12:41:04 PM »

sooo...you cant answer the questions ??
why not?

Love how you just avoided my rebuttal post like the plague. fact is you cherry pick posts to fit your argument ignoring half of what I say.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2007, 12:45:23 PM »
Love how you just avioded my rebuttle post like the plague. fact is you cherry pick posts to fit your argument ignoring half of what I say.

If you look at my post I did answer your question in the first response.
actually your post support my argument you just cant see the forest from the trees.
and you didnt answer my questions in red.
i'll make it easy on you and just ask one..again

do you think Ray Lewis is the 4th overrated player in the league?

body88

« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2007, 12:47:50 PM »
actually your post support my argument you just cant see the forest from the trees.
and you didnt answer my questions in red.
i'll make it easy on you and just ask one..again

do you think Ray Lewis is the 4th overrated player in the league?

Apparently you cannot see the forest through the trees my friend. You said Ray Lewis was a top three LB in the leauge. Bro Lewis is not even in the top 10. He has not been for the last three years. I did answer your question, just not the way you wanted it which would fit your agenda and cherry picking of my posts. Btw you avioded half my rebuttle post's.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=TACKLES&conference=null&season=2007&seasonType=REG

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=TACKLES&season=2006&seasonType=REG&experience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=false&Submit=Find

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&statisticCategory=TACKLES&season=2005&seasonType=REG&experience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=false&Submit=Find

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2007, 12:47:57 PM »
All I know is that 4th round pick better become one helluva player. Raiders were robbed!!! Call the police!!!

;D

So true and hopefully the Pats can get two full seasons out of him before he turns into a head case again.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2007, 12:53:47 PM »
Apparently you cannot see the forest through the trees my friend. You said Ray Lewis was a top three LB in the leauge. Bro Lewis is not even in the top 10. I did answer your question, just not the way you wanted it which would fit your agenda and cherry picking of my posts. Btw you avioded half my rebuttle post's.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=TACKLES&conference=null&season=2007&seasonType=REG

i said nothing about CBS and their legitimacy, i do not think CBS created this poll to "screw him" my original argument was to question the legitimacy of the poll being that they "polled" him as the 4th most overrated player in the league.

you actually think Ray isnt even in the top ten in his position? thats interesting. really it is.