Author Topic: Atlantic City Pro Show Complete Results  (Read 19910 times)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: Atlantic City Pro Show Complete Results
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2007, 08:29:26 AM »
Haha, thanks for the off-season welcome!

Yes, I am officially done for the year.  Part of me would love to compete again at the West Palm Beach, but in reality, I know that my body really really needs a break.  I had an ankle injury during the prep for AC, and I need to give it some time to rest.  I also had been dieting since February, and my body was not responding as well going into AC (which meant I had to diet even harder...especially after the abkle injury)...so I know it is time to rest.

I am taking this week completely off from training and any sort of dieting.....can you say major Water retention, LOL.  But its ok, my body needs it and I will get back into a more regular and nutritious diet and some training next week.  My off-season will probably not officially start until some time in late October or early November because my body does need a break from intense training.  Sooo, the goal until then is to just try to stay in decent shape and not gain too much weight ;).

As for next year...I had originally really wanted to compete at the NY Pro, but I don't think it will give me enough time to make the necessary improvements to my physique.  Competing at that show would mean beginning my contest prep probably in January, which does not give me a lot of time for off-season.  Therefore, I think I will compete in the shows in the late summer next year (Europa, All-Star Pro, AC, West Palm).  This plan would allow me more time to make improvements to my physique, and would allow me to diet for a shorter time (May-October as opposed to Jan-October) because all of those shows are a few weeks apart from one another.

Of course, nothing is set in stone, but that seems to be the best plan.  I am actually anxious to compete again...I love competing and even prepping, but I also understand that if I want to do well, I need to take my time to make the necessary improvements. 

Right now, I'm just enjoying some yummy "junk food," lots of rest, and some good old post contest rebound water retention  ;D

You are so right about the off-season and needing to give your body a break.  I went through the same thing in 2006 when I dieted for some 28 weeks....my body was not responding towards the end, I felt like I was moving backwards, and I needed a break SO badly. 
This is one of the reasons that I decided to skip Nationals this year and take the rest of 2007 OFF as hard as it is to do that.  I definitely miss some elements of the contest prep these days and cannot wait to get back into it.
You will be thankful next year when you get back into the prep and see results more quickly.   8)

My off-season will also officially start in October, and my prep next year will officially start right about the same time as you, so I can't wait to hear how things go for you!  My off-season will be focused primarily on a bench press competition in February 2008, but I am also looking to improve my delts, and the lower body is a constant challenge.  We'll have to compare notes.   ;)

We're prolly gonna hit the ASC and the NY Pro next year as spectators (obviously  :D) so let me know if you will be attending either, as I'd love to catch up with you!

Have a cookie or 10 for me...actually I will have some too!   :D
:)

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2007, 09:53:38 PM »

mighty lightweight

• Pros
  • Getbig I
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2007, 07:43:36 AM »
Hey all...Thanks Rip It for giving me a shout!!!!

There couldn't have been better class winners choosen for this show...both ladies were ultimately conditioned and beautiful!!! I totally LOVE LOVE LOVE Lisa...she is one of my all time favorites and Nicole....I had the opportunity to spend some time with her and she is sooooo sweet (what a great addition to the pro circuit).

It was a total blast competing in this show......it was so special to me to have my mom with me!  Maybe Lori can post a pick for me of my mom that GENE took!!!!!!!

All the women are so amazing.....I can't wait to do it again!!!

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2007, 11:12:57 PM »
Hi Carla,

Welcome to Getbig. Lori has improved this forum a lot.  :)

I couldn't find Genex's photo, but I did find this one.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2007, 07:50:48 AM »
Hi Carla,

Welcome to Getbig. Lori has improved this forum a lot.  :)

I couldn't find Genex's photo, but I did find this one.

Great pic...I know Carla was thrilled to have her mother at the show to cheer her on!   

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2007, 01:41:22 PM »
Carla and her mother at the AC Pro.   8)

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2007, 06:18:16 PM »
Carla and her mother at the AC Pro.   8)

Nice fine, Lori!  :) I haven't seen that pic before.