Author Topic: Contest Dieting  (Read 34574 times)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Contest Dieting
« Reply #150 on: October 26, 2007, 07:47:08 PM »
A pic from this morning.  Right now Im drying out nice.  Well time to go put on the last coat of pro-tan  :'(  Stuff is a PITA

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #151 on: October 27, 2007, 07:43:25 AM »
A pic from this morning.  Right now Im drying out nice.  Well time to go put on the last coat of pro-tan  :'(  Stuff is a PITA

AWESOME!  Tans looking good.  Bring it home tonight Luv!
 8)

:)

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2007, 01:58:42 PM »
I'm not a big believer in the high fat diet.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #153 on: October 28, 2007, 08:04:16 PM »
I'm not a big believer in the high fat diet.

what do u believe in?

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #154 on: October 28, 2007, 08:31:28 PM »
How much protein/fats/carbs/calories does luv2hurt's diet got?
Also, would it be ok to replace chicken with tuna fish?

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #155 on: October 28, 2007, 09:27:17 PM »
I'll be doing predominantly fish for the next two weeks.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2007, 06:27:07 AM »
How much protein/fats/carbs/calories does luv2hurt's diet got?
Also, would it be ok to replace chicken with tuna fish?

Hi Benz

I really dont know the ratio of nutrients or calories. I just eat approx what I outlined at the begining of this thread.  I eat till I feel like I have enough, not full.

My diet is low in carbs and high in protiens and fats that pretty much describes it.  The only thing I really watch close or measure is my oatmeal in the AM.  The rest of the day I just eat small peices usually 2-3 mouthfuls of carbs, thats it.  I keep it simple and dont count calories or weigh food.

I would not eat canned tuna often if thats what you mean about replacing chicken.  Tuna steaks yes.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2007, 10:57:44 AM »
Hey luv, thanks for your time.

May i ask why wouldnt you eat canned tuna? It's pretty cheap down here and quality is pretty nice, thats why i ask :)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2007, 11:21:44 AM »
Hey luv, thanks for your time.

May i ask why wouldnt you eat canned tuna? It's pretty cheap down here and quality is pretty nice, thats why i ask :)

Well many are way high in sodium.  I think you would be fine eating some of it.  But there is a reason it is cheap.  Fresh whole foods would be the best choice.  Tuna is also high in mercury, they say one can of albacore a day is the max an adult should eat. I will say if cost is an issue it is a decent alternative.

Dont get me wrong one of my favorite off season meals is a big ass tuna salad sub with cheese and hot peppers and the veggies of course  :)

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2007, 06:49:45 PM »
No fats, lower carbs,high protien everyone I see on the high fat diet loses muscle mass like theres no tomorrow. On my diet they keep alot more muscle.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: November 06, 2007, 07:02:41 PM »
No fats, lower carbs,high protien

Very similar to the contest diet I follow...

but damn, fats are yummy!   :(

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: November 06, 2007, 08:12:12 PM »
No fats, lower carbs,high protien everyone I see on the high fat diet loses muscle mass like theres no tomorrow. On my diet they keep alot more muscle.

Why would you think a diet higher in fat is not high in protein??  Really what kind of protein do you eat that has no fat?  How do you get enough calories on this no fat diet?  A blanket statement about "everybody loses muscle mass like no tomorrow"  seems ridiculous, many people have used a higher fat diet with much success.

[quote ]
very good conditioning from the front luv2hurt.. good legs too.. .congratulations!

r u on GH for ur prep? or have u never used it?
[/quote]

Thanks bro!

No GH ever.  Never used it.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: November 07, 2007, 04:39:22 AM »
[quote ]
amazing. you would be ripped to shreds on GH. I have just started a higher protein and fat diet with low carbs. I am not counting anything either.. very similar to your diet. On this diet  though i am always concerned with sodium content as ai tend to retain tons of water naturally.. i am thinking of using dandellion root to take the water out daily along with electrolyte powder to make sure i dont have an imbalance.
[/quote]

Yeah i know what you mean about sodium, I always look harder and shin thinner when limiting the sodium.  Thing is though it really helps with muscle fullness and strength.  Most people can lose the sub-Q water in about 2-3 days when they limit sodium.  A diuretic may be a good idea to dry you out the last 2-3 days before a comp.  That way you can stay full close up to the show.  I need to learn more about them, cause have heard they can flatten you out if used wrong.

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #163 on: November 07, 2007, 09:21:27 AM »
I am the king of pre contest water loss ..what would you like to know?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: November 07, 2007, 12:28:59 PM »
I am the king of pre contest water loss ..what would you like to know?

Noel how do you recommend diuretic use leading up to a show? And what are the diuretics you prefer?  Also I am interested in your take on carb depletion and loading.  Also how you manage your water intake the last few days?

I guess I'm asking about your whole last week strategy.  Cant blame you for not giving out all your info after all it looks like you have an impressive list of clients that I'm sure pay you for your help. Thanks!

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #165 on: November 07, 2007, 01:09:08 PM »
I never carb load or deplete..makes everything too much of a guessing game and its impossible to hold it ..seen way too many people look amazing at prejudging and then shit at night and lose the overall. I have my people switch to distilled about 7 days out to clear your water for the diuretics to work properly..used to use aldactone and aldactazide but it doesnt seem to work as well as it used to so i've pretty much switched to just light diazide..takes a trained eye to judge where your at to get the water just right..if you take a strong diuretic it just tells me you have screwed up your diet and you expect a little water loss to preform miracles..it wont ..just leaves you stringy and small..for you i would suggest 1 1/2 gallons of distilled from Sunday till friday night at about 12 theres reasons for this...take 10mg of diazide at 11 pm and if you look perfect saturday moning take 5mg 3 hours before you go onstage your pretty dry now and the diuretic should make you 10% better than you do now. Thats all you should ever expect out of water depletion.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: November 07, 2007, 02:33:54 PM »
I never carb load or deplete..makes everything too much of a guessing game and its impossible to hold it ..seen way too many people look amazing at prejudging and then shit at night and lose the overall. I have my people switch to distilled about 7 days out to clear your water for the diuretics to work properly..used to use aldactone and aldactazide but it doesnt seem to work as well as it used to so i've pretty much switched to just light diazide..takes a trained eye to judge where your at to get the water just right..if you take a strong diuretic it just tells me you have screwed up your diet and you expect a little water loss to preform miracles..it wont ..just leaves you stringy and small..for you i would suggest 1 1/2 gallons of distilled from Sunday till friday night at about 12 theres reasons for this...take 10mg of diazide at 11 pm and if you look perfect saturday moning take 5mg 3 hours before you go onstage your pretty dry now and the diuretic should make you 10% better than you do now. Thats all you should ever expect out of water depletion.

Thank you very much Noel!! have heard good things about diazide, it being potasium sparing.  It was nice of you to help me that much and be specific, thank you again  :)  I will use your advice in my next prep.

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #167 on: November 07, 2007, 03:05:48 PM »
No problem...potasium sparing is the only diuretic type to use. If anyone here is getting ready for a show let me know i would love to prove myself on this board as the MD board only promotes Palumbo. He has a good track record but there are other trainers out there.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2007, 03:54:14 AM »
No problem...potasium sparing is the only diuretic type to use. If anyone here is getting ready for a show let me know i would love to prove myself on this board as the MD board only promotes Palumbo. He has a good track record but there are other trainers out there.

YOUR track record speaks for itself.  Thanks so much for contributing to this board.   :)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2007, 04:38:21 AM »

Yeah I think Dave has lots of good stuff, but I do not agree with everything he says. He is not the be all, end all.  It's great to hear from other top trainers such as yourself. And I look forward to more.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2007, 07:16:48 AM »
;D
:D Weee