Author Topic: Atlantic City Pro Women's updates / results  (Read 25767 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Atlantic City Pro Women's updates / results
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2007, 03:25:11 PM »
My biggest gripe is that the head judge owns a management company that manages the people he judges.  That is what I have a problem with. 

*groan*  

Haven't we gone through this over and over again?  

I know that some conspiracy theorist out there is keeping track of the 'questionable calls' involving JMP athletes, but most of the knowledgeable people who post here agree with a high percentage of the placings.  Yes, there have been judging screw-ups, but has there been any major controversy since the NY Pro Fitness show back in '06?  That was a blown call, true, but aside from that, the judging panels have consistently done a 'solid' job the past couple of years.  

The numbers simply do not support the various theories.  

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2007, 03:31:20 PM »
The problem is in the overrides, when someone says competitor X (who is on the little slips of paper several times) should not be called out after all because she has sick quad separation, or she's rock hard and conditioned to the core. 

I understand time constraints, but would love to see some of the Group 1 people compared to the Group 2 people from time-to-time. 

Even if there is a clear top 2 or top 3 in a given show, *rarely* is there a clear top 5. 

My other issue is that physique judges should not be asked to judge fitness routines, HOWEVER, the problem for the IFBB is that there are not enough qualified (fitness routine) experts willing to judge the competitions. 

Once we move to electronic scoring and a live scoreboard, I think we'll see a vast improvement in people's trust of the system.

FigureRX

• Getbig II
  • FigureRX.com - Everything Figure and Fitness
« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2007, 03:33:28 PM »
This has almost nothing to do with who JMP manages.  If it did than Michelle Adams would have won in Atlantic City and would be Olympia bound.  He has excellent athletes and sometimes they do well, and sometimes they do not.  How do you explain Jessica Paxson winning the New York Pro last year?  Her non-affiliation with JMP?  Her sponsorship with ON?  No - she was the best athlete on stage that day.  Does a management contract or a corporate affiliation result in an occasional bump for a competitor?  Maybe.  You might say Shannon M's comeback this year was a bit surreal, but she looked the part and deserved her placings.

Scooby

• Getbig II
  • Can you dig it?
« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2007, 03:47:47 PM »
You might say Shannon M's comeback this year was a bit surreal, but she looked the part and deserved her placings.

Shannon definitely worked her way back up this year... a rough first outting, a tough second in Detroit and finally a win in Dallas.  But considering she went out with a win in Atlanta prior to having her second baby it puts the comeback in better perspective that she knew where she needed to be... and it was only a matter of time to get back there.

Something weird though... I did hear that not long after her Europa win she was released by Gaspari so I'm not sure what booth she will be at next week if any at all.

Good luck to Shannon I have always liked her physique (great a$$).

dacof

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2007, 04:17:12 PM »
I think we would all agree that the sport is subjective
BUT
I think we would all agree that basic politics (which you see EVERYWHERE in life) is different from bribary and complete fixing of a competition.
Some comments on prior posts (which I would quote but can not figure out how to!)

- Someone commented that no one softer then katie ever placed higher then she does - wrong - two years in a row at the ny show someone in the top three stood out like a sore thumb.
- AGREE different judges are needed for the fitness routines. There are times the judges are not even looking at the routines...it is very sad to see.
- As a spectator, I would rather sit at a NPC comp any day over an IFBB....there is some sort of excitement at the NPC show...there is no excitement at the IFBB fitness shows. Before anyone steps foot on stage you can name the top three....if routines were taken into consideration more, this would not be the case.

Denny Crane

• Getbig II
  • I also date midgets.
« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2007, 04:22:53 PM »
Does a management contract or a corporate affiliation result in an occasional bump for a competitor? 
Certainly not in the case of your competitors.

"And indeed JM has not been a judge for as long as I have been involved."

The entire year that you've been following figure?  ::)

Denny Crane. Denny Crane.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2007, 04:28:11 PM »
Shannon definitely worked her way back up this year... a rough first outting, a tough second in Detroit and finally a win in Dallas.  But considering she went out with a win in Atlanta prior to having her second baby it puts the comeback in better perspective that she knew where she needed to be... and it was only a matter of time to get back there.

Something weird though... I did hear that not long after her Europa win she was released by Gaspari so I'm not sure what booth she will be at next week if any at all.

Good luck to Shannon I have always liked her physique (great a$$).
Actually Scooby; you, shaggy and the others can all pile in the Mystery Machine and visit Shannon at the 8-ball Nutrition Booth at the Olympia. She'll be there along with Jennifer Gates, Liza Kampstra and UFC figher Houston Alexander. 8-ball Nutrition should have quite the crowd at the Olympia.

Elevate Your Image.™

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: September 19, 2007, 04:47:07 PM »
8-ball Nutrition should have quite the crowd at the Olympia.

As long as they're not wearing 'Affliction' t-shirts, I'll be sure to stop by!   ;D

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #158 on: September 20, 2007, 01:54:08 AM »
As long as they're not wearing 'Affliction' t-shirts, I'll be sure to stop by!   ;D

Damn, I decide to skip the Europa this year, and I apparently miss out on the joke of the year.....  How many forums have you mentioned this on now, T?   lol
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2007, 12:54:00 AM »
Dave Palumbo interviews the figure & fitness champs.  :)

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/showthread.php?p=298448#post298448

fdlwaide

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2007, 04:34:38 PM »
I just wanted to say I had such an awesome time getting on stage again after 2 1/2 years!  It felt like my first show cause I didn't know most of the girls competing!  It was great meeting you Julie, Bethany, Bridgette, Susan, Jenn, Brenda, and Allison and I enjoyed catching up with some of my fellow veterans Stacy, Claire, Lorie, and Tracy!  Tracy you were my new best friend after getting us out of that two piece round!  And Stacy, thank you for your magic pill that saved me for the night show!  My cramping went away and I felt like a whole new person ;D

Oh and thanx to my figure girls Becky and Marie for keeping me calm and cheering for me!  And thank you to everyone at the Fitness Factory (especially girls in my group Ginger, Cory, Deanne, and Lisa) for being so incredibily supportive and encouraging! 

I actually had fun competing for the first time in I don't know...probably since I was an amateur!  Overall I thought it was a great show and I felt proud of myself for stepping on stage again! 

Mike D....You f'en ROCK.  It's truly amazing what your knowledge and talent enables you to do with the human body.  I lost 18 pounds in 5 weeks training with Mike D. in Ohio.  Thank you for helping me achieve my goal of getting onstage again and being proud of what I presented!  Check out the pics from 2 years ago to now :o 

Emerald Cup '05

Emerald Cup '05

Atlantic City '07

Atlantic City '07

AC '07

Thanks girls for a awesome show...best of luck to each of you at West Palm and the O.  I will be praying for each and everyone of you...Maybe I will see you in '08!

Claire Parmley

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2007, 05:19:52 PM »
MS WAIDE...you are the one that ROCKS!  You really looked incredible.  I was so happy to see you again.  You were definetly at your best at this show.  I hope to see you again in '08! ;D

Denny Crane

• Getbig II
  • I also date midgets.
« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2007, 06:11:09 PM »
Thanks girls for a awesome show...best of luck to each of you at West Palm and the O.  I will be praying for each and everyone of you...Maybe I will see you in '08!
Another "born again" ::) There are two places to find the truth. First God and then Fox News.

Denny Crane.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: September 21, 2007, 07:48:43 PM »

FYI, DC - one does not have to be 'religious' in order to pray for folks.

Denny Crane

• Getbig II
  • I also date midgets.
« Reply #164 on: September 21, 2007, 07:57:08 PM »
FYI, DC - one does not have to be 'religious' in order to pray for folks.
It's a good feeling, you know, to shoot a bad guy. Something you Democrats would never understand. 

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #165 on: September 22, 2007, 01:37:36 AM »
Claire Parmley, and Lorie Kimes!

:)

Claire Parmley

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #166 on: September 23, 2007, 06:52:09 AM »
Thanks siouxcountry for posting this pic of me and Lorie!  We had a great time as roomies and munching on fries and ice cream after the show!  MMMMMM!!   :P

Lorie Kimes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #167 on: September 23, 2007, 09:27:21 AM »
Yeah Thanks!
Claire & I go way back!!  ;D

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #168 on: September 23, 2007, 12:38:28 PM »
Thanks siouxcountry for posting this pic of me and Lorie!  We had a great time as roomies and munching on fries and ice cream after the show!  MMMMMM!!   :P

Fries and ice cream, I need to give that a try!  ;D  ;)

Alti_Bautista

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Sleep is the cousin of death!Hustlin 24/7
« Reply #169 on: September 23, 2007, 04:50:25 PM »
just want to thank everyone showing me love. i had a great time in AC. Placing doesn't define my success. I was very pleased with what I brought to the stage sept 14th! Congrats to all the ladies. see you all soon!
Money+Politics=Power

Alti_Bautista

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Sleep is the cousin of death!Hustlin 24/7
« Reply #170 on: September 23, 2007, 04:53:54 PM »
 ;)
Money+Politics=Power

FigureRX

• Getbig II
  • FigureRX.com - Everything Figure and Fitness
« Reply #171 on: September 23, 2007, 04:56:09 PM »
Alti, you looked amazing at this show - congratulations!  :o
Team FigureRX

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #172 on: September 23, 2007, 05:10:24 PM »
Stellar physique, Alti - nice work!
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #173 on: September 23, 2007, 05:19:03 PM »
We'll be seeing you at the West Palm Beach show, right Alti?

8)
Elevate Your Image.™

Claire Parmley

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #174 on: September 23, 2007, 07:50:34 PM »
just want to thank everyone showing me love. i had a great time in AC. Placing doesn't define my success. I was very pleased with what I brought to the stage sept 14th! Congrats to all the ladies. see you all soon!
I'm right there with you Alti...I was proud with what I brought as well.  However, I thought YOU looked FANTASTIC!  You have the teeeeny tiny-est waist!  Great shape all over, girl!  It was so awesome to FINALLY meet you.  Adela has told me sooooo much about you.  It was great to laugh and chat with you.  I hope to see you in West Palm!  Take Care lady!  "You look MARVELOUS!"