Author Topic: Pats vs Chargers  (Read 4057 times)

body88

Re: Pats vs Chargers ( pats thread for year)
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2007, 09:58:49 PM »
I like the Chargers, I can't bring myself to watch the Pats anymore though. They are cheats. The Emmys are on anyway.

I dont get this logic. The pats get bagged trying to tape signals. They dont use the tape. The chargers have a players who fails a drug test and gets suspeded for four games but they arent cheaters? No one was cheating tonight, and the bolts got housed.

Btw congrats on the win today. Lions off to a 2 - 0 start. Good for them. The fans have suffered enough out there.

body88

Re: Pats vs Chargers
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2007, 10:14:04 PM »
Rivers really needs to grow up. All night whining to the refs. Should have got an Emmy when he flopped after he tripped over Jarvis's foot. LT was crying at the press conference. Im not kidding. After he said the pats lose to the chargers nine times out of ten last night.These guys have so much talent. You would think there would be some maturing after last year.

That said the chargers are a great team. I respect them. They do talk a lot of smack tho. A LOT.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2007, 07:32:48 AM »
that was a lopsided trouncing.pat's and chargers are the top 2 in afc but the steelers could be back  ;D.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2007, 07:51:43 AM »
Whatever dude, the chargers are a great team. If you shut down gates and lt you force rivers to beat you and they have no wr's. They wont lay down. it aint over yet.

It's not their team, it's SD's GM destroying this season with the hire of one of the worst head coaches in history, Norv Turner. Season's already over for them; Turner's a career coordinator, already proved that.

The problem's gonna be finding another team in the NFL to challenge NE otherwise it'll be a boring season.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2007, 07:52:24 AM »
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA. Berserk ur an idiot. I kew Body would take care of bringing to light how football stupid u are. Ever played football...how about madden. SD has no receivers...they got no push from their down lineman so Brady was relatively untouched the whole game. I guess since we play Buffalo next week they're your next favorite team.

I gotta agree with Pump....LT was a non factor the whole game....even in the 1st half when they had a shot. Odd game plan...bad coaching.
L

body88

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2007, 07:55:09 AM »
It's not their team, it's SD's GM destroying this season with the hire of one of the worst head coaches in history, Norv Turner. Season's already over for them; Turner's a career coordinator, already proved that.

The problem's gonna be finding another team in the NFL to challenge NE otherwise it'll be a boring season.

The pats practised all week with Bam Childres mimicking LTD. Apparently he did a great job. They took away Gates and LT forcing Rivers to beat them in the air. Without his running game Rivers is just not that good. Thomas allows guys like Rosie Colvin and Mike Vrabel to play there natural position. Last year they switched around when Jr got hurt. Notice how Vrabel leads the NFL in sacks and Colvin has been having a monster year so far?

The colts are very good. Granted they almost lost to the titans the other day. Pats , colts what else is new.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2007, 08:01:41 AM »
The Colts lost those guys in the off season so i don't know how close they'll be to last year. Hopefully not too far off, to keep it interesting.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2007, 08:11:32 AM »
I just wanted to here L.T. say it was way too cold to play...Norm had a bad game plan
D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2007, 08:14:36 AM »
I think and hope we will get a better push with our down linemen then the Titans did. I watched that game and while the ends had a pretty good game, they didn't get the best disruptive push in Mannings face. Late in the game the Dolts line broke down but it was to late. Those teams play each other tough so we'll see what happens in Indy. Manning still had a good game.
L

body88

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2007, 08:28:29 AM »
The Colts lost those guys in the off season so i don't know how close they'll be to last year. Hopefully not too far off, to keep it interesting.

I actually think the colts defense is better this year then last. If sanders can stay healthy they are good enough keep them in games. Indys defense is there offense anyway. Although they are real healthy right now, so we shall see how they do when some guys get banged up.

Can Addie stay healthy all year? Will Ugoh give up a monster hit that sidelines manning? Manning took some SHOTS vs a decent titans team. Will sanders stay healthy? When they face an elite team will the colts get run on? All questions Indy will answer later on.

Thing is,this year NE has an offense just as good as indys with the classic 3/4 belichick d. When Seymour and Harrison return I think the d will go from good to very good.

Brady is far and away has the best qb rating in the NFL. I love seeing have some actual talent to throw to.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2007, 08:31:36 AM »
I love the fact that he can throw long and these guys can run up and catch it over the DB's.  I hope Stallworth gets more invloved. He had the pass interference call and made a few short catches. Mauroney got going in the second half and I'm impressed with morris.
L

body88

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2007, 08:32:38 AM »
I think and hope we will get a better push with our down linemen then the Titans did. I watched that game and while the ends had a pretty good game, they didn't get the best disruptive push in Mannings face. Late in the game the Dolts line broke down but it was to late. Those teams play each other tough so we'll see what happens in Indy. Manning still had a good game.

Manning took three sacks in that game right? Ugoh seems to be a pretty good player so far. I want to see him face Sey and co. Colts line is good. Colts where VERY close to losing that game.

Indys d will have there hands full vs and offense like NE.

body88

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2007, 08:35:53 AM »
I love the fact that he can throw long and these guys can run up and catch it over the DB's.  I hope Stallworth gets more invloved. He had the pass interference call and made a few short catches. Mauroney got going in the second half and I'm impressed with morris.

I love Sammy Morris. Maroney avg like 5.1 yards per carry yesterday. I think Sammy was right up there to. Just pounds the rock, but he can slash to.

Stallworth would have caught that bomb if not for that blatent pass int. Honestly if Asante picks that ball of that popped out of his hands, the chargers lose a td and could very well have lost by over 30 points.

We have to take into account Randy barley played in the preseason. These new wr's are not even fully " geled " yet.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2007, 08:48:44 AM »
They just jumped on us like a spider monkey," said Chargers fullback Lorenzo Neal. ;D

That pick was great. I know Thomas wasn't thrilled with being the inside or Mike LB but the pick 6 along with that sack that almost decapitated Rivers, should keep him happy. He's a Monster.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2007, 08:54:36 AM »
It's somewhat disappointing to see how easily the Pats manhandled the Chargers.  Reminds me of the dominance displayed by Dallas in the 90s.  The rest of the league is racing for second.

I think the Patriots might be beatable later in the season when some of those 30+ year old legs on the defense start to feel it.

Other than that, the rest of the league has a tall order to fill.

body88

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2007, 08:55:19 AM »
They just jumped on us like a spider monkey," said Chargers fullback Lorenzo Neal. ;D

That pick was great. I know Thomas wasn't thrilled with being the inside or Mike LB but the pick 6 along with that sack that almost decapitated Rivers, should keep him happy. He's a Monster.

Indeed. How about that huh? A 260 lb man outrunning two wr's for 60 yards after a textbook int where he jumped that route and snatched the pass out of the air.

Rivers looked like he was going to shit his pants all day. You see when he flopped? The kid is an actor. Cant wait till big Sey and Rodney come back.

body88

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2007, 09:01:22 AM »
It's somewhat disappointing to see how easily the Pats manhandled the Chargers.  Reminds me of the dominance displayed by Dallas in the 90s.  The rest of the league is racing for second.

I think the Patriots might be beatable later in the season when some of those 30+ year old legs on the defense start to feel it.

Other than that, the rest of the league has a tall order to fill.

Aside from the lb's the pats are young everywhere on d. The defensive line is 26, 26 and 28. The backfield and corners are all young. Asante, Gay, Wilson, Sanders, Meriweather and Hobbs are all well under thirty.  The lb core is older. Although that is a position BB has never left to anyone young. To much responsibilty in the scheme. What has really screwed the pats is injuries over the last few years. Hopefully they can stay healthy. There where a lot in the preseason. David Thomas just came back. He will be a legit wr threat type te aside Watson.

Last year Vrabel and Colvin where forced out of there natural positions when Jr got hurt. This year they will showcase what they do best. Sad to say it, but Teddy is done. he is really bad in coverage these days  :(

I think the pats d will improve with time. Since Sey is expected to come back around week six or seven , and Rodney is due back on week four. Mike Wright didnt even play vs the chargers. The beauty of the d line is the depth. The frekin backups are better then half the starters in the NFL. Jarvis and Wright are exellent pass rushers.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2007, 09:17:26 AM »
Aside from the lb's the pats are young everywhere on d. The defensive line is 26, 26 and 28. The backfield and corners are all young. Asante, Gay, Wilson, Sanders, Meriweather and Hobbs are all well under thirty.  The lb core is older. Although that is a position BB has never left to anyone young. To much responsibilty in the scheme. 

Last year Vrabel and Colvin where forced out of there natural positions when Jr got hurt. This year they will showcase what they do best. Sad to say it, but Teddy is done. he is really bad in coverage these days  :(

I think the pats d will improve with time. Since Sey is expected to come back around week six or seven , and Rodney is due back on week four. Mike Wright didnt even play vs the chargers. The beauty of the d line is the depth. The frekin backups are better then half the starters in the NFL. Jarvis and Wright are exellent pass rushers.

You gotta help me out here.  When looking at a team like the Patriots this year, old age is about the only thing people can count on to slow them down.  That and injuries. 

When a team is this good, the target on its back grows geometrically b/c everybody brings their A-game to take down the best.

body88

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2007, 09:21:32 AM »
You gotta help me out here.  When looking at a team like the Patriots this year, old age is about the only thing people can count on to slow them down.  That and injuries. 

When a team is this good, the target on its back grows geometrically b/c everybody brings their A-game to take down the best.

I agree. Although all this camera gate has given the pats there no respect card the media took away licking there nuts preseason.

The only place the pats are older is the lb core. I dont think we will ever see BB draft a lb high. He just seems to like the vet guys in that spot.  I was just talking about injuries above. Pats had a good amount in the preseason, and a ton over the last few years. Hopefully they get some luck and Rodney and Sey come back to have good seasons.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2007, 11:00:27 AM »
Great game by the Pats.  Outplayed S.D. in all three phases of the game.  Too soon to hand the Pats the Lombardi trophy, but they look scary good after two weeks. 

body88

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2007, 11:12:33 AM »
Great game by the Pats.  Outplayed S.D. in all three phases of the game.  Too soon to hand the Pats the Lombardi trophy, but they look scary good after two weeks. 

Can you tell the niners to stop winning please  :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2007, 11:28:02 AM »
Can you tell the niners to stop winning please  :D

The Niners and Pats are on a Super Bowl collision course. 

;D

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2007, 11:39:57 AM »
The Niners Lions and Pats are on a Super Bowl collision course. 

;D

God, I feel like a Grammar teacher today fixing all these mistakes ;D
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2007, 11:42:17 AM »
God, I feel like a Grammar teacher today fixing all these mistakes ;D

lol.  Break up the Lions!   :D

body88

« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2007, 08:49:04 AM »
hh6 and effin check out these offensive stats so far. Vs a 10 - 6 jets team and a 14 -2 chargers team.

Tom Brady: 546 yards passing, 6 TD's, 1 Int. Completing 80% of his passes with a QB rating of 134.
Randy Moss: 17 rec, 288 yards, 3 TD's averaging 16.9 YPC
Wes Welker: 14 rec, 152 yards, 1 TD, avg 10.9 YPC
Laurence Maroney: 35 atts, 149 yards rushing, avg 4.3 YPC
Sammy Morris: 21 atts, 105 yards, avg 5 YPC, 1 TD
Ben Watson: 7 rec, 58 yards, avg 8.3 YPC, 2 TD's
Donte Stallworth: 3 rec, 38 yards, avg 12.7 YPC