Author Topic: Preparation to bodybuilding championship  (Read 5478 times)

trab

• Getbig V
Re: Preparation to bodybuilding championship
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2007, 06:13:34 PM »
Cool links, I was in Lisbon in the late 1980s. Great city, BEAUTIFUL WOMEN  ;)!

Coming off is a loss of size no matter how you do it.
Tapering down the TE and then switching to Tprop and "anabolics" like Var,Winny,Primo is the best Ive found.
HGH is a wonderfull thing then also.
 Especialy post cycle. Keeps meat on the bones.

Also, the heavy hitters that dont hold any water like: tren,halo, can be of use.
But these two are very supressive of natural testo. Better in the front or middle of a cycle
if coming off completely is in the game plan.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2007, 07:24:28 PM »
Bro I need you to explain it better to me. Is that a 23 weeks non stop cycle? That’s almost half a year isn’t it?
No, it's actually only a 20wk plan...the PCT portion is not counted as wks on cycle. However, like L2H has already said, you're probably going to need to stay on until your show ends if you're going to do this right, especially if your show is in April or May, and you're wanting to run a good bulker before dieting begins. If that is the case, you might do things sort of like this.

*Run a cycle similar to the one I laid out but time it in line with your comp....that may mean you end up cutting it down to 16wks instead of 20wks, then again maybe not...depends on what you want to do.

*Once you complete the "Full" cycle, like L2H and Trab mentioned, staying on your test at a slightly lower dose would be wise...if you can keep the Gh in there as well that would be fantastic...of course then we're talking about more money, so your call.

*Once you get to the dieting down portion of your entire scheme, go back to running a more serious style cycle. Things like tren-a, winny, and fat burners would be a good addition towards the back end.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2007, 08:38:10 PM »
No, it's actually only a 20wk plan...the PCT portion is not counted as wks on cycle. However, like L2H has already said, you're probably going to need to stay on until your show ends if you're going to do this right, especially if your show is in April or May, and you're wanting to run a good bulker before dieting begins. If that is the case, you might do things sort of like this.

*Run a cycle similar to the one I laid out but time it in line with your comp....that may mean you end up cutting it down to 16wks instead of 20wks, then again maybe not...depends on what you want to do.

*Once you complete the "Full" cycle, like L2H and Trab mentioned, staying on your test at a slightly lower dose would be wise...if you can keep the Gh in there as well that would be fantastic...of course then we're talking about more money, so your call.

*Once you get to the dieting down portion of your entire scheme, go back to running a more serious style cycle. Things like tren-a, winny, and fat burners would be a good addition towards the back end.

Yep that would be a very good way to do it.

Frank.T

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2007, 04:14:04 AM »
OK. So I will stick with AJ´s cycle cause so far seems to be the best.
Now what about supplements? Normally I do like this:

When I wake up I take the creatine with 10g glutamine multivitamin and 125g carbohydrates 50g protein.

Before training I take the creatine again with 10g glutamine 125g carbohydrates 50mg protein and the BCAA.

After training 75g carbohydrates(VITARGO) 50g protein.

Before bead time 50g protein 10g glutamine.

IS this ok and there’s any other supplement needed?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2007, 05:16:45 AM »
Im also curious to hear what AJ & L2H got to say about creatine weeks before a show.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2007, 09:45:48 AM »
1 more thing I forgot to say that I will be comp in the Portuguese nationals and this is the average level:

http://www.semlimites.pt/fotos/fotos_detalhe.asp?ID_atleta=2

After passing that I will probably find guys like this 2 here:
http://www.mundoanabolico.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2789&page=1&pp=30
http://www.semlimites.pt/fotos/fotos_detalhe.asp?ID_atleta=4

What weight class?

Sao grandes estes gajos! And in very good condition.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2007, 10:18:24 AM »
OK. So I will stick with AJ´s cycle cause so far seems to be the best.
Now what about supplements? Normally I do like this:

When I wake up I take the creatine with 10g glutamine multivitamin and 125g carbohydrates 50g protein.

Before training I take the creatine again with 10g glutamine 125g carbohydrates 50mg protein and the BCAA.

After training 75g carbohydrates(VITARGO) 50g protein.

Before bead time 50g protein 10g glutamine.

IS this ok and there’s any other supplement needed?

Glutamine and BCAA's are not necessary and are really just a waste of money IMO. If your eating Correctly and supplementing with the right oils, then you don't need that stuff...it's just over kill.

I don't' have strong opinions on creatine, simply because I don't use it and I've never put that much time into looking into it. I've used it in the past and all it did was make my face really puffy. But I know a lot of guys who love it and either way, I don't' see how it could hurt you taking it.

You might look into the supplement Juice Plus+, good item, has the equivalent of 10-12 servings of fruits and veggies in it per day...replaces the need for a multi, and is far more beneficial IMO.

Last off, start taking omega-3 fish oil, 1000mg/ed 3x/ed and plan on taking Evening Primose Oil when you diet.

The only other things I can think of that you may or may not take, corral calcium is a good supplement, and sometimes having a good fiber supplement is a good idea as well.

Frank.T

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2007, 01:49:44 PM »
Glutamine and BCAA's are not necessary and are really just a waste of money IMO. If your eating Correctly and supplementing with the right oils, then you don't need that stuff...it's just over kill.

I don't' have strong opinions on creatine, simply because I don't use it and I've never put that much time into looking into it. I've used it in the past and all it did was make my face really puffy. But I know a lot of guys who love it and either way, I don't' see how it could hurt you taking it.

You might look into the supplement Juice Plus+, good item, has the equivalent of 10-12 servings of fruits and veggies in it per day...replaces the need for a multi, and is far more beneficial IMO.

Last off, start taking omega-3 fish oil, 1000mg/ed 3x/ed and plan on taking Evening Primose Oil when you diet.

The only other things I can think of that you may or may not take, corral calcium is a good supplement, and sometimes having a good fiber supplement is a good idea as well.

Is really BCAA and glutamine a waist of money? I mean about BCAA I am not sure but you know that when your working out glutamine is what you most destroy in your body and the muscle is build by 70% glutamine or is not? I am not sure.
About the omega 3 that’s something that I will do for sure and some chromium picolinate.

Frank.T

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2007, 04:02:26 PM »
Guys i need some help here, how do i post pictures ?i already clicked the button but nothing happends.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2007, 04:50:03 PM »
Me too.  ;D
I dont know who the computer tech is here.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2007, 06:39:09 PM »
Hit the additional options link lower left on post reply box  This will bring up an attatchments section  if you hit browse you can browse your computer to where you have your pics saved.

They can only be so big so you may have to resize the pics to post them.  If you use windows an easy app is in windows power toys called picture resizer, very easy to use app.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2007, 06:57:03 PM »
Is really BCAA and glutamine a waist of money? I mean about BCAA I am not sure but you know that when your working out glutamine is what you most destroy in your body and the muscle is build by 70% glutamine or is not? I am not sure.
About the omega 3 that’s something that I will do for sure and some chromium picolinate.

Take what you want from this, but according to Dave P. too much Glutamine can cause an insulin release and fat deposition.

Also, I don't' think muscles are made up of 70% Glutamine...I don't know the exact break down though. Even so, muscles are largely built by several various amino's, which you should be getting plenty of if your diet is right, of course water that makes up muscle tissue. The 2 most important nutrients cannot be neglected, Fats and Proteins...most guys get plenty of protein but they neglect their fat intake which is very important for muscle growth as well as muscle maintenance during a diet. Whatever you do, don't get caught up in thinking carbs are what build muscle, because this is just plain false...carbs are only an energy source...I know you didn't ask about carbs or what not, but just thought I'd throw that out there. They are needed for growth, so to spare fats while building muscle, but not as much as many like to eat.

Frank.T

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2007, 08:02:19 AM »
Take what you want from this, but according to Dave P. too much Glutamine can cause an insulin release and fat deposition.

Also, I don't' think muscles are made up of 70% Glutamine...I don't know the exact break down though. Even so, muscles are largely built by several various amino's, which you should be getting plenty of if your diet is right, of course water that makes up muscle tissue. The 2 most important nutrients cannot be neglected, Fats and Proteins...most guys get plenty of protein but they neglect their fat intake which is very important for muscle growth as well as muscle maintenance during a diet. Whatever you do, don't get caught up in thinking carbs are what build muscle, because this is just plain false...carbs are only an energy source...I know you didn't ask about carbs or what not, but just thought I'd throw that out there. They are needed for growth, so to spare fats while building muscle, but not as much as many like to eat.

Bro thanks for the carbs tip...I really appreciate everything that you share about this post cause that’s why I started I want to know as much as possible about diet cycle and training.
So you think that maybe what...I will need carbs only before training and maybe after training high GI carbs?

Thanks once again.

Frank.T

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2007, 08:16:22 AM »
ok i will post some pics now and later i will take some new pics and post them.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2007, 10:27:29 AM »
Bro thanks for the carbs tip...I really appreciate everything that you share about this post cause that’s why I started I want to know as much as possible about diet cycle and training.
So you think that maybe what...I will need carbs only before training and maybe after training high GI carbs?

Thanks once again.

I can't answer that...you're getting into more stuff that would take both of us working together. Which by the way is something I'm getting into, corespondent diet and training help.

IN general, it' something you'd have to play with to find the exact way to go about it...like you laid it out might be fine, that's similar to what I do, but you may require a little more...like I said, I can't give a definite answer on a board like this.

Frank.T

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2007, 04:12:15 PM »
Fresh pics from today...it’s been a year away from the gym but I was lucky to keep the structure and didn’t lost much.
I just have a small problem with the chest I don’t know why I can get it to grow like the other muscles any tips on that?

Frank.T

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2007, 04:13:35 PM »
More pics...

Frank.T

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2007, 04:18:55 PM »
Here also 1 pic from 5 years ago ;D its not a clear view but you can get and idea.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2007, 04:56:21 PM »
Good work Frank, you can improve for many years. Take it a little easy on the orals for the health.

Chest? How about some Dips (add weight if you can).  ANd some Heavy Decline bench?

From the side view, you got some pec thickness, and looks like inclines are working,
the lower line could get a little more thick or etched in.
Maybee VERY HEAVY tricep pressdowns, done very close to the body, contract pecs hard at bottom of rep.
Also some deep stretch Dumbell Pullovers also. Streches out the lats and pecs.

Pressing down toward your feet might make some thickness and a line on the lower pec area.
 I'd also keep doing what you've been doing. Its working.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2007, 07:57:19 PM »
Good work Frank, you can improve for many years. Take it a little easy on the orals for the health.

Chest? How about some Dips (add weight if you can).  ANd some Heavy Decline bench?

From the side view, you got some pec thickness, and looks like inclines are working,
the lower line could get a little more thick or etched in.
Maybee VERY HEAVY tricep pressdowns, done very close to the body, contract pecs hard at bottom of rep.
Also some deep stretch Dumbell Pullovers also. Streches out the lats and pecs.

Pressing down toward your feet might make some thickness and a line on the lower pec area.
 I'd also keep doing what you've been doing. Its working.

Good advice from trab.

It looks like you've got a decent solid build...what about the legs? Got to have legs!

From the pics you have up, if I was going to critique one thing (which BTW I am ;)) I'd like to see you build up your traps...and in doing so, build up your lower traps...you know, better tie in with your upper back. Nothing on earth can do this like dead lifts. Personally, I've gotten to where I prefer rack deads over regular ones. Simply because it helps me minimize abdominal and/or oblique growth. Yeah, yeah, I know, some guys are going to say not doing them from the floor is cheating the full benefit, i.e. hamstrings...I just figure I'll worry about hams when I actually train hams...just my 2c.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2007, 06:37:29 AM »
Deads? Rack? Not doing them from the floor saves Mr Low Back!
I see no reason to do them from the floor unless yur a PLer, and some of them dont even go from floor
very often.

Deads WERE one of my better lifts, (before injury) but all I got besides lats and grip etc real was thick erectors about 2/3 's  up my spine.
The upper/ mid back I'v had to specialize to even coax the least bit of response up there.
High bench prone DB row work, or Hammer type Rows w/ the seat very low etc, is the only way I can get a feel up there.

Traps? DB shrugs heavy like Dorian's form.

Pecs? Press towads his feet with all he's got.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2007, 07:44:14 AM »
Rack deads are great for traps.

Floor deadlifts involve more secondary muscles, legs, hips, glutes...etc.

Rack deads from just below the knee are fine for a bodybuilder. floor deadlifts are great for functional strength or powerlifting. you want some explosive power? want to be able to grab an object and throw it around? do deadlifts from the floor with 35 pound plates. you have to get those hips low and use your heals to drive the weight up. you will build excellent functional strength with these. every person you know will call you when they move furniture!

8)

Frank.T

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2007, 08:00:43 AM »
Deads? Rack? Not doing them from the floor saves Mr Low Back!
I see no reason to do them from the floor unless yur a PLer, and some of them dont even go from floor
very often.

Deads WERE one of my better lifts, (before injury) but all I got besides lats and grip etc real was thick erectors about 2/3 's  up my spine.
The upper/ mid back I'v had to specialize to even coax the least bit of response up there.
High bench prone DB row work, or Hammer type Rows w/ the seat very low etc, is the only way I can get a feel up there.

Traps? DB shrugs heavy like Dorian's form.

Pecs? Press towads his feet with all he's got.

Bro could you please explain whats (PEC)?sorry for my igorance but as you know i am not from US.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2007, 08:05:35 AM »
Bro could you please explain whats (PEC)?sorry for my igorance but as you know i am not from US.

Pectoral = Chest Muscle

8)

Frank.T

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2007, 07:40:41 AM »
Pectoral = Chest Muscle

8)

Thanks bro ;D I just the some help visualizing this movement (Pecs? Press towads his feet with all he's got.)

Because I really don’t have a clued of that it means.  8)