Author Topic: Jesse Jackson "Obama acting white"  (Read 5143 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
Jesse Jackson "Obama acting white"
« on: September 19, 2007, 11:48:28 AM »
Proof this is a race race.

Oprah, Sharpton, Jackson are only going to hurt him!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297332,00.html

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Jesse Jackson "Obama acting white"
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 11:50:45 AM »
Jackson, what a tool.

BTW, Obama is half-white.

Didn't Jackson know that?
As empty as paradise

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 11:53:51 AM »
Jackson, what a tool.

BTW, Obama is half-white.

Didn't Jackson know that?

JJ knows no color

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 11:54:47 AM »
Obama is not openly black, Obama is openly white, he just happens to be black :)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 12:11:54 PM »
Did Obama go to a Islamic school when he was in elementry or something? I think I remember hearing something on that...

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 02:07:15 PM »
The DNC has had the dirt on Jackson for a long time. No one in their right mind expected Jackson to support Obama.

That being sad, it's petty stupid (even by GetBig standrds) to expect all black people to support Obama. Not a lot of people are ignorant enough to think something like that.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 07:08:36 PM »
Obama wouldn't last a minute in any getto. He does not have any street respect and he knows it. Period.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 07:17:30 PM »
Obama wouldn't last a minute in any getto. He does not have any street respect and he knows it. Period.

Those people don't vote.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 07:20:57 PM »

Hmmm, I didn't think that was an important quality for a Presidential candidate. Now I know better, thanks.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 08:51:00 PM »

Haha, "The country needs a hood figure"

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 08:22:27 AM »
he's backtracking now.   ::)

Jackson disputes report on Obama remark
Thursday, September 20, 2007 03:47:58 AM

Jesse Jackson was quoted as saying Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama was "acting like he's white" for not speaking out more forcefully about a racially charged schoolyard beating in Louisiana.

Wednesday's (Columbia) State newspaper said Jackson made the comment about Obama and the Jena, La., case after speaking Tuesday at Benedict College, a historically black school. "If I were a candidate, I'd be all over Jena," Jackson said in his remarks after the speech, according to the published account.

"Jena is a defining moment, just like Selma was a defining moment," Jackson said. In 1965, demonstrators were attacked by police with billy clubs during a peaceful voting rights march in Selma, Ala. "Bloody Sunday" shocked the nation and helped bring attention to the voting barriers that kept blacks from the polls.

Jackson later told the newspaper he did not remember making the "acting like he's white" comment about Obama, who is black.

On Wednesday, the civil rights activist said in a statement that he was "taken out of context." It said he commended Obama "for speaking out and demanding fairness on this defining issue. Any attempt to dilute my support for Sen. Obama will not succeed."

The newspaper's deputy managing editor, Steve Brook, said the newspaper was standing by its story.

The Illinois senator, in a statement late Wednesday reacting to Jackson's comment, said "outrage over an injustice" such as in the Jena case "isn't a matter of black and white. It's a matter of right and wrong." Obama cited earlier statements in which he "demanded fairness" and said they "were carefully thought out with input and support" from one of his national campaign chairmen – Jesse Jackson Jr., a Chicago congressman and son of the elder Jackson.

Obama issued a statement last Friday, after a state appeals court threw out the only remaining conviction against one of the black teenagers accused in the December attack on a white schoolmate in Jena.

Obama said he hoped the decision would lead the prosecutor "to reconsider the excessive charges brought against all the teenagers in this case. And I hope that the judicial process will move deliberately to ensure that all of the defendants will receive a fair trial and equal justice under the law."

On Sept. 10, the senator said: "When nooses are being hung in high schools in the 21st century, it's a tragedy. It shows that we still have a lot of work to do as a nation to heal our racial tensions. This isn't just Jena's problem; it's America's problem."

Jena is a mostly white town where racial animosity flared about a year ago when a black student sat under a tree that was a traditional gathering place for whites. A day later, three nooses were found hanging from the tree. Reports followed of racial fights at the school, culminating in the December attack.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 08:47:32 AM »
Has anyone read the US-Attorney General's report on the situation?

The nooses and the beating were 3 months apart. They had the FBI come down, and investigate the noose hanging as a hate crime, the FBI took notes and said it had been handled properly.

The "jena 6" beating a kid (This kid had nothing to do with the hanging of a noose) 3 months later.

It was concluded the noose and the beating have NO connection.

Wow what idiots.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 08:56:10 AM »
Hillary Clinton spoke out against it. Obama is playing too soft. Speak out whether yay or nay,  have some balls, because as a president one has to make tough calls and back themselves up on it.

And last time I checked he has street cred in South Side Chicago.

Sad that Jesse had said that, as he is in Jena now...He said some good things (great for sound bites---but I still don't trust him)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 10:54:32 AM »
What can he say? He knows a line has been made and he can't cross it.

Why should he speak out against it? It was a two sided coin, one was social isssues which he addressed and the other was a court issue, which had nothing to do with the social issue, he did the right thing, imo.

Edward's wife was in Jena, La today I think I saw a few pictures of her.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 06:49:08 PM »
Hmmm, I didn't think that was an important quality for a Presidential candidate. Now I know better, thanks.

Street respect is not a quality. And neither is "acting white".

The sad thing is that no matter how "white" he gets he will never win. In reality he does not stand a chance. Bottom line.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 07:00:34 PM »

Street respect is not a quality. And neither is "acting white".

The sad thing is that no matter how "white" he gets he will never win. In reality he does not stand a chance. Bottom line.

Of course he's not going to win, for many reasons. I still don't see why it matters if he wouldn't "last a minute in any ghetto".

OneBigMan

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 05:08:57 PM »
I haven't posted on getbig in many weeks, but this topic caught my eye immediately after seeing who else but the one and only RIP OFF REVEREND JESSE JACKSON calling out Barack Obama because he is not "ACTING" BLACK ENOUGH to satisfy REVEREND JESSE'S black belief in what type of civil rights credentials Senator Obama has not earned by not living up to the STUPID STANDARDS of how the devious Jesse Jackson wants Obama to speak like a carbon copy of a Jesse Jackson wannabe.

Jesse Jackson wants his people to believe he is the number one race arbitrator who has all the answers to what is wrong with race relations in America and why there are real race contradictions that he is the self appointed expert to exploit. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2007, 05:15:44 PM »

I need to launch a new blog. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2007, 06:18:22 PM »
I need to launch a new blog. 

haha, quit acting white

OneBigMan

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 05:15:09 PM »
I had to continue this topic although it's kinda old. The reason is because Jesse Jackson has been speaking out about the situation in Jena, Louisiana and calling a lot of attention to what has been going on with the protests that he led. The problem I still have with this rip off reverend is how Barack Obama's comments in response to the situation don't measure up to his blind black standards and Jesse Jackson can just call him names and say he's acting white.

All of this reminds me of when Jesse Jackson was marching in California two short years ago in the fall for who else but the serial murderer death row gang leader of the crips named Stanley "Tookie" Williams. Thinking about that alone makes me want to throw up because a anti-war wannabe peace nic like Jesse Jackson from his supposedly peaceful civil rights roots was leading marches near a hate infested place like San Quentin for a convicted cold-blooded killer who unremorsefully founding one of the worst serious street gangs in the history of this society. I'm still delighted by the fact that the governor of California totally dismissed Tookie Williams plea to get off death row so he could live the rest of his publicized life in San Quentin as the devious inmate who is connected to Dog Snoop doggy the dog.

I just would absolutely love to see that Jesse Lee Peterson guy continue to keep repudiating Jesse Jackson until he gets embarrassed in his own selfish way that could be almost equivalent to Michael Vick.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2007, 07:01:14 PM »
Of course he's not going to win, for many reasons. I still don't see why it matters if he wouldn't "last a minute in any ghetto".

Well, for starters, Obama needs, at least, 95% of the African American vote to even get a whiff of the White House. Obama does not have much respect amongst African Americans. And his speeches from Abraham Lincoln's house ain't gonna help either.

He is lucky if he gets 50% of the black vote. He'll eventually realize that he stands no chance and will settle for vicepresidency; possibly alongside a candidate that is weak with the African American community. Although I doubt he'll run alongside Hillary Rodham-Clinton. A guy and a woman?! Pleaze.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2007, 09:09:59 PM »
 ;)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2007, 11:30:25 PM »
Obama is not openly black, Obama is openly white, he just happens to be black :)

{LOL} No.... that was Colin Powell.
I see someone else is a George Carlin fan too.  ;)
w