Author Topic: Phx cop fatally shot in face by jaywalking illegal immigrant  (Read 2061 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Phx cop fatally shot in face by jaywalking illegal immigrant
« on: September 19, 2007, 03:49:42 PM »
The Arizona Republic
Phoenix police Officer Nick Erfle survived two bouts of cancer to put back on his uniform and patrol the city's streets.
Tuesday, a jaywalker shot him in the face, killing him.
"The city of Phoenix, the citizens of Phoenix have lost another hero in our community," Assistant Phoenix Police Chief Michael Frazier said, announcing Erfle's death. "He died a hero doing the job he loved doing most."
The gunman, an illegal immigrant who had been deported last year, fled after shooting Erfle, commandeering a stopped car at gunpoint and ordering the motorist to drive. About an hour later, a Phoenix police tactical team surrounded Erik Jovani Martinez, 22, on a west Phoenix street and shot him dead as he pointed a gun at the hostage. The hostage was not injured.
Erfle was the second Phoenix police officer killed since July and the third Valley officer slain this year. He was married with two children and a large extended family.
"This is another tragic day for the citizens of Phoenix. We have lost one of our family," said Dave Siebert, the city's vice mayor. "This has happened way too many times in the city of Phoenix. . . . He was one of our finest."
Martinez, who had three children, was a gang member with a history of drug abuse, police say. He was convicted of theft in 2004 and served a short stint in prison in 2006. Immigration officials confirmed he had been deported in March 2006.
A deadly morning
Police say Erfle, 33, and Officer Rob Rodarme were on patrol together around 8:30 a.m. Tuesday when they saw three people jaywalking across 24th Street near Pinchot Avenue, interfering with traffic.
The officers stopped the three, a man and two women on Pinchot and asked for identification. Police rarely issue citations for jaywalking, telling people instead to just cross at a safer spot in the future, Sgt. Joel Tranter said.
The man didn't have identification but gave officers a name and birth date that Erfle ran through a police computer. That search turned up a misdemeanor warrant from Tucson for shoplifting.
Police would later find out the man hadn't given his real name. Martinez likely used an alias because he was trying to evade felony warrants for aggravated assault and false imprisonment, stemming from a 2006 domestic-violence incident.
But the officers, unaware of the felony charges, tried to arrest him on the misdemeanor warrant.
That's when Martinez shoved Erfle to the ground, pulled a gun and fired multiple times - all in a matter of seconds.
"There was three shots, and there was a pause, and then one more shot," said Bob Newnum, who lives nearby.
Rodarme chased the fleeing gunman but couldn't return fire because the area was too crowded, Tranter said.
Police flooded into the area. Newnum said Erfle's body was facedown across a sidewalk, with his feet partly in the street. Rodarme was kneeling over his partner, cursing.
"It's a shame," Newnum said. "I'm all choked up. I'm a real admirer of the police force. They go above and beyond all the time, and when one of them get hurts, it really bothers me."
Roger Elliott, who works nearby, came outside after a maintenance man told him to call 911.
"Oh, my God, there was just blood all over the place," Elliott said. "I can't even describe it. I've never seen anything like it."
"There was no movement at all. . . . I'm sure he was dead."
Elliott said it took three officers to pull Rodarme away from his partner. Paramedics attempted CPR before whisking Erfle away in an ambulance.
"It was just a feeling I will never, ever forget," Elliott said. "I just cannot believe it. . . . It's such a stupid thing."
After the shooting, the assailant ran to the intersection of 24th Street and Thomas Road, where he carjacked the sedan. Witnesses were able to give police a description of the vehicle and its license plate number.
An hour later, a tactical officer in an unmarked car spotted the stolen vehicle with a passenger matching the suspect's description. Officers covertly surveilled the vehicle and managed to box it in near 27th Avenue and McDowell Road.
The suspect raised his gun to the hostage, and an officer fired through a window once, killing the gunman, Detective Bob Ragsdale said.
The women jaywalkers were cooperative when questioned by police after the shooting, Tranter said. Police don't anticipate filing any charges against the two.
A life cut short
Erfle had been an officer for eight years. He was pronounced dead at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday.
In Erfle's north Phoenix neighborhood Tuesday night, Tiana Iannuzzi, 17, tearfully remembered him as a playful and patient family man who never raised his voice. Iannuzzi baby-sat his 3- and 5-year-old sons and said Erfle was "a great guy."
"We miss him a lot," said the teen's mother, Carmella Iannuzzi. "He was just so strong during his cancer treatment. It's just very sad. He was just an all-around good guy."
Erfle had twice battled testicular cancer.
"He's a hard charger. Even though he had a serious illness, he came back to work the streets as soon as he could," Tranter said.
"This will affect the officer's family and the Phoenix Police Department forever," he added. "It will always be a loss."
Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon was vacationing in Hawaii when he heard of the officer's death and was trying to make arrangements to get back to the city.
He issued a statement, saying, "Once again, a hero has died too young.
"He and his wife were still making the plans all young couples make," he said.
"Today, they are left with too few memories and too much heartache. I share the grief of a caring community and continue to pray for his family."
Earlier in the day, Virginia Roper, who owns Amy's Beauty Salon on 24th Street, said she heard the police cars swarming the area and figured something serious must be happening.
Her eyes welled when she heard Erfle had been killed.
"I feel sorry for his family," said Roper, whose son-in-law is a police officer in Chandler.
"They work so hard, and their life is always on the line," she said. "It's just very sad. Very, very sad."
Gary Dubay watched the aftermath from the parking lot of Phoenix Bicycle, where he works.
"I don't know how to react to something like that," Dubay said. "He was just stopping those people, and all of a sudden that breaks out. It's pretty crazy."
A series of tragedies
This has been a particularly violent year for Valley police officers.
Glendale police Officer Anthony Holly was shot and killed during a traffic stop in February. Phoenix police Officer George Cortez Jr. was killed in July after responding to a call about a bad check.
And now, just two months later, Erfle is dead.
"This just illustrates how dangerous police work is," Tranter said.
"You can contact someone for anything, a speeding ticket, jaywalking, walking down the sidewalk. What initially may be perceived as a simple contact, you could be dealing with a dangerous suspect."
Erfle was described as a well-respected, hardworking and dedicated officer who didn't allow his fight with cancer to sideline him.
Tranter said the officer even turned down a light-duty desk job to get back to patrol.
"He's a police officer. Rather than have a nonenforcement office assignment, he chose to get back in uniform and back on the street as quickly as he could," Tranter said.
"He will be greatly missed."
Squishy face retard

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Phx cop fatally shot in face by jaywalking illegal immigrant
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 03:51:46 PM »
I'm waiting for the usual suspect to call a deportation of all illigal immigrants on the basis of one guy shooting a cop :)

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 03:56:08 PM »
I'm waiting for the usual suspect to call a deportation of all illigal immigrants on the basis of one guy shooting a cop :)
There are a number of cases where these dirt bags harm innocents and yet they get to keep coming back.  There was a family in NJ that had two young children brutally murdered by an illegal immigrant.  These numbers are out there but the liberal media doesn't want your to know about it.  Luckily AZ cares about this issue and has sanctions to send these fuckers home, or at least keep them from working so they don't want to come there.
Squishy face retard

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 03:58:05 PM »
There are a number of cases where these dirt bags harm innocents and yet they get to keep coming back.  There was a family in NJ that had two young children brutally murdered by an illegal immigrant.  These numbers are out there but the liberal media doesn't want your to know about it.  Luckily AZ cares about this issue and has sanctions to send these fuckers home, or at least keep them from working so they don't want to come there.

i feel a generalization comming my way ::)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 04:00:09 PM »
DOJ statistics don't lie. Illegals promote more crime in urban areas. Why not rural you ask, because the towns people won't allow them to settle for too long

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 04:48:01 PM »
DOJ statistics don't lie. Illegals promote more crime in urban areas. Why not rural you ask, because the towns people won't allow them to settle for too long
http://www.therealitycheck.org/StaffWriter/Illegal_ImmigrationFS.html
Squishy face retard

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 04:54:12 PM »
Why is it that people defend illegal immigrants?

I mean... they are illegal. I am not saying they are "evil", but they are breaking the law.

No other country on the planet (except for maybe Canada) will let you be illegal and run around. If you're illegal... you're ILLEGAL. That's the point, you should be deported.

Now... I do think the immigration system needs an overhaul, it's really too complex and time consuming to become "legal" in this country, and back when the largest immigration was taking place at the turn of the century, people were becoming legal simply by signing a book when they got off the boat... Now it's definitely too complex, but it's what we have, so if you want to be in the US, you should make due with what you have and do the best you can to be legal.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 05:52:29 PM »
if a cop tries to fuck with someone for JAYWALKING they deserve to get shot.
in the face is a bit harsh though

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 09:13:16 PM »
if a cop tries to fuck with someone for JAYWALKING they deserve to get shot.
in the face is a bit harsh though
Sounds like you do too pal.  Nobody deserves to be shot for something like that.  I'm glad they got the guy though.  Just another reason to get rid of these people.
Squishy face retard

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 04:16:10 AM »
i feel a generalization comming my way ::)

Man, you really have a serious problem comprehending facts.

First off, they're illegal immigrants. Secondly the statistics on such matters don't lie. Unless of course you want to make the statement: "70% of all statistics are false"?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 04:46:31 AM »
Man, you really have a serious problem comprehending facts.

First off, they're illegal immigrants. Secondly the statistics on such matters don't lie. Unless of course you want to make the statement: "70% of all statistics are false"?

Please quote me were I said that...
Do I believe that scumbag should be put into prison for the rest of his life, absolutely 1000% he killed somebody for nothing.
Do I believe because of one Scumbag all Immigrants are guilty of this? Never.
I think the problems of your illegal immigrations lie a little deeper than one man shooting a cop for nothing, that is what I meant with generalization.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 04:55:49 AM »
Please quote me were I said that...
Do I believe that scumbag should be put into prison for the rest of his life, absolutely 1000% he killed somebody for nothing.
Do I believe because of one Scumbag all Immigrants are guilty of this? Never.
I think the problems of your illegal immigrations lie a little deeper than one man shooting a cop for nothing, that is what I meant with generalization.

Fiar enough.

However...

Your first statement:

Of course all ILLEGAL immigrants should be deported.

PS I'm English, my immigration problems is the spread of islam in europe.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 05:03:10 AM »
Fiar enough.

However...

Your first statement:

Of course all ILLEGAL immigrants should be deported.

PS I'm English, my immigration problems is the spread of islam in europe.

kk... but you see here we need the immigrants to do the jobs we don't want ;) I would bet if we would deport all of them by tomorrow the country would be in ruins.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 05:10:21 AM »
kk... but you see here we need the immigrants to do the jobs we don't want ;) I would bet if we would deport all of them by tomorrow the country would be in ruins.

Are you reffering to britain? Your statement is mostly correct, except the largest demographic of unemployed in Britain is no longer black men, it's young muslim men.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 05:12:12 AM »
Are you reffering to britain? Your statement is mostly correct, except the largest demographic of unemployed in Britain is no longer black men, it's young muslim men.

maybe young muslim black men?  :o

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 05:13:41 AM »
maybe young muslim black men?  :o

lol yeah, angry young black men are the biggest demographic of muslim converts. Often finding islam in prison.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 05:17:27 AM »
lol yeah, angry young black men are the biggest demographic of muslim converts. Often finding islam in prison.

So we have angry young black previously convicted Islamic men in combat fatigue on a two way radio mumbling incoherent slogans on a direct link to god.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 07:16:40 AM »
Claim: “Illegal immigrants do the jobs that Americans won’t.”

False: Americans will perform any legal job necessary to support themselves and their families. As an illustration, recently 70 US citizens were dismissed from an Alabama construction site by a foreman who said the dismissal was “because the Mexicans had arrived”. Linda Swopes, who operates Complete Employment Services in Mobile AL said: "I assure you it is not true that Americans don't want to work. We had been told that 270 jobs might be available, and we could have filled every one of them with men from this area, most of whom lost their jobs because of the hurricane." The identified Mexican illegal immigrant workers were simply willing to work for less money than were US citizens.

Check the link I posted for more.
Squishy face retard